HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advice to work on wireless measurement device!!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidktw

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #1

Need advice to work on wireless measurement device!!

I don't really exactly understand fully use of ultrasonic sensor or infrared sensor.

But what I am looking at the type of sensor I need to measure a distance between a receiver and transmitter to work with ardiuno project. I need advice which shields I can look up to that I can work on it. Thanks
696E20727569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 03:37 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't really exactly understand fully use of ultrasonic sensor or infrared sensor.

But what I am looking at the type of sensor I need to measure a distance between a receiver and transmitter to work with ardiuno project. I need advice which shields I can look up to that I can work on it. Thanks
infra sensor is just a piece of device that reads the infra red spectrum of light. Normally it is quite expensive if you want to consider reading beyond a single point of light like this - http://www.flir.com/flirone/explore.cfm

Ultrasonic sensor is a high frequency sound waves receiver, but actually it's more like you are looking for a transducer, one which can transmit and then receive. Measure the delay and you can deduce the distance travelled by the sound waves.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Pi...trasoundSensor
696E20727569 likes this.
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.