HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Some Fun with Javascript

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #16
Master Member

Did you mix up between former and latter? No recursion required, suppose we fix to the correct terminology of recursion
Didnt mix up, just typed wrongly ha
Not recusion in the type of function sense, just lack of better descriptor
cwchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some self notes in case i forgot:
The shape of the function should prob be like returning either a value, or a function
Not quite sure how that would be achieved yet, without an end condition like recursion, just keeping inmind
No problem. I have written some hints when you unwrap the first spoiler in the first post. If you like, feel free to take a look. If you want to figure it out yourself, that is better
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #18
Master Member

No problem. I have written some hints when you unwrap the first spoiler in the first post. If you like, feel free to take a look. If you want to figure it out yourself, that is better
Does creative or cryptic code make maintenance job difficult ?
Like this anti-patterns by Youtuber Techlead.
peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does creative or cryptic code make maintenance job difficult ?
Like this anti-patterns by Youtuber Techlead.
No doubt it will. But I guess one will be trying too hard to just do all these so that one can stay in a company. It's a prison for both parties if you really think about it. If your future employer do a reference with your old company, do you think it will be advantages for you ? Well I think not much thoughts required.

Creative or cryptic codes is a fine line apart. Personally I can write very cryptic perl codes despite I don't do it for my own benefit, not so much of others. I don't like to spend too much time on history and would like to focus on advancement. But if I need to exploit certain features in a programming language and some parts of the system will be cryptic, I will compensate by adequate comments and documentation that describe about the complex technique. I have codes with comments taking much more lines than the codes. This is the same advice I give to my peers when I'm code reviewing them too.

If you are working among fine developers, those set of complex codes might actually be considered EASY for them. So how are you going to draw the line between EASY and CRYPTIC(HARD/COMPLEX). Thus I guess you need to know your environment and who are the audience to those modules. Simple codes sometimes don't exploit the features and underlying platform sufficiently to bring in the performance required.

Last edited by davidktw; 12-08-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 05:48 PM   #20
Master Member

Long comment. One of the TechLead anti-pattern strategies!
peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

Long comment. One of the TechLead anti-pattern strategies!
https://vim.fandom.com/wiki/Folding
https://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/2012...llij-idea-111/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...clipse/4346902

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.