HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vodien vs Exabytes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2019, 09:18 PM   #1

Vodien vs Exabytes

I used to be quite happy with Vodien, though expensive, they used to prefer good server speeds.

Ever since they have been sold, their server speed starts to suffer which i believe they have been overselling due to the new management.

I see quite a lot of good reviews on Exabytes but not sure if I can trust them.

Any advices?
CanonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:47 AM   #2
Master Member

when you used overseas providers... you won't come back to local ones.
Hafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #3

What do you mean, i see that their server speed in sg at 21ms which is quite decent. i think they have servers in Singapore..

when you used overseas providers... you won't come back to local ones.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:05 PM   #4
Master Member

What do you mean, i see that their server speed in sg at 21ms which is quite decent. i think they have servers in Singapore..
I mean overseas providers who also have DC in Singapore or regions like JP or HK, if you are looking for low latency in Asia. They have better equipments, tech support, uses updated server specs and competitive in prices. I know local providers charge an arm and leg for VPS range and dedi in the meantime provide 200Mbps or 500Mbps port speed.

If you are using normal webhosting plan (server packed with other hundreds of customer accounts) then you probably won't feel the difference.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #5

Siteground seems to have fast overall speed, but high latency rate for Singapore..

Thats why I am leaning towards exabyte.. I think vodien starting to oversell their shared hosting.. and their vps is so expensive.

If based on what you said, whats is the advantage of vodien or other local providing when overseas providers have servers in Singapore?
Old 09-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #6
Master Member

If based on what you said, whats is the advantage of vodien or other local providing when overseas providers have servers in Singapore?
Most people choose local providers because they will be paying in SGD (local) instead of USD (foreign) and local providers generally give the users impression of close proximity when providing support cos of same timezone and they are just a phone call away when any server issue arises. For shared web hosting plan users, server specs and backend infra doesn't matter much since they are just sharing the same resources among the thousands of other account customers whether being oversold or not.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #7
Master Member

Thats why I am leaning towards exabyte.. I think vodien starting to oversell their shared hosting.. and their vps is so expensive.
Another member just shared his experience with exabyte you might wanna reach out to him for review https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/1...6-post322.html.

I noticed they limit port speed to 100Mbps on their VPS and Dedi servers so that should be a factor for consideration. Asia bandwidth is generally highly priced but 100Mbps bandwidth limit is pathetic unless you have a website that doesn't suck up that limit.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #8

Thanks a lot for the information!
Old 29-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #9

What? Are u getting Commission from them? Hahaha.. Just a big NO to Vodien, support slow after acquired by others. I transferred my hosting to Exa last 3 months, not sure good or not, but so far no issue
kelvinlow9829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.