WEB HOSTING COMPANY TO RECOMMEND!

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried sghost.com ??

Anyone can recommend a hosting company
Need to move out from my current host which is starting to be showing me additional money I got to pay

Anyone can help? Need a reliable and no hidden cost type

Thanks

MohdNazz

Reaction score
Web hosting & Domain registeration

Just wondering.
If i register a domain name (.Com) with godday, based in US & finally up a website, can i get a local, S'pore based hosting company to do it ?
Their domain registration fee seems far cheaper then in S'pore.

Just for information. Thanks

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering.
If i register a domain name (.Com) with godday, based in US & finally up a website, can i get a local, S'pore based hosting company to do it ?
Their domain registration fee seems far cheaper then in S'pore.

Just for information. Thanks

Domain name hosting can be of different entity from webhosting. This is the recommended approach to prevent provider lockdown. All u need to have ur webhosting company host your domain name in their named servers. Your domain name registrar can be godaddy

kamaleloco

Reaction score
Hey guys just my 2cents

Me and my buddies have been using local hosting services for quite sometime from vodien, cybersite and more. Their big companies and pretty good but non comes close to SGHostmart.com

We hurled all sorts of support matters at them and honestly they replied in a really quick and concise manner. To my knowledge their locally based and their connection speeds are really good. We follow them on facebook and just recently they launched their budget plans which was honestly a no-brainer haha we ordered like another 4 cause it was so cheap SGhostmart Budget Plans

MohdNazz

Reaction score
Domain name hosting can be of different entity from webhosting. This is the recommended approach to prevent provider lockdown. All u need to have ur webhosting company host your domain name in their named servers. Your domain name registrar can be godaddy

Thanks.
So once, i'm ready go online, i will inform the local hosting company that i wana use this domin name which is with godday. They will do the rest ??

Thanks Again.

Boltersdriveer

Reaction score
Thanks.
So once, i'm ready go online, i will inform the local hosting company that i wana use this domin name which is with godday. They will do the rest ??

Thanks Again.
You just have to update your name servers to the local hosting company's ones.

Bolts

cheeshun

Reaction score
savvyehosting

Hi guys, I am running magento on my site. Any recommendation for reliable hosting? Anyone tried savvyehosting? Their plan are quite cheap.

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Envrofren provides affordable web hosting for individuals and companies

A basic web hosting plan start for as low as $3/month, any individual or company can have their own website.

Please email us at*envrofren@gmail.com*to sign up now!!

Unmetered Bandwidth? becareful of fine print :s22:

Anon_Creature

Reaction score
i m looking for a company for email hosting only for my company of less than 10 staffs. minimum only need 2GB for disk space n at least 8 email accounts. i have found webvisions, Limebox, Poznet, Vodien and Newmedia to support email hosting service. so fast, webvisions is most worth for money.

1. Webvisions / 15GB / 15 emails / $114 per year
2. Limebox / 20GB / 20 emails / $84 per year
3. Poznet / 10GB / Unlimited / $300 per year
4. Vodien / 5GB / Unlimited / $120 per year
5. Newmedia / 20GB / 10 / $256.80

i shortlisted webvisions n vodien but i did not find much reviews on webvisions n found quite a number of positive reviews on vodien. But ideally, webvisions provides 15GB disk space for $114 which is quite cheap. but if vodien is more reliable n meets my minimum requirement, i can go with vodien too at $120.

any advise???

PS: currently, my company is paying $54/month for 1GB webhosting which is too expensive

Forget about Limebox. Recommended my friend to use them after I myself purchased their hosting package.

The downtime is frequent, and the so-called 24-hour CS line is perpectually on hold or unanswered. They had been replying to our online query tickets on average after 5 days. The caucasian using their emergency mobile line does not respond to calls, SMSes, or Whatsapp even though you can see the status on his Whatsapp as online. You may consider yourself lucky if he respond back within 3 days.

vololo

Reaction score
Sghostmart premium hosting has been acquired by Vodien. so i think Sghostmart has the best services overall.

exim22

Reaction score
Forget about Limebox. Recommended my friend to use them after I myself purchased their hosting package.

The downtime is frequent, and the so-called 24-hour CS line is perpectually on hold or unanswered. They had been replying to our online query tickets on average after 5 days. The caucasian using their emergency mobile line does not respond to calls, SMSes, or Whatsapp even though you can see the status on his Whatsapp as online. You may consider yourself lucky if he respond back within 3 days.

I know that was posted last year. Still I got 100% uptime guarantee for cloud email, S$3/user/25GB, can also support Outlook. Swee.

itsme220

Reaction score
Currently I am hosting with godaddy.com Singapore server. My contract going to expire in a month time and thinking of transferring to other hosting providers
My status as follows
1. Hosting 6 websites
2. 3 are pointed to gmail (When gmail offered free email service) I configured. so I have ?1GB email space.
3. My total web page size for all 6 sites is less than 200 MB
4. I have 20 email accounts

The issues I have is with their email. Since for 3 sites I am not active so I was using there godaddy email service. The email box size is too low and limited space for email. So I am unable to send any email with attachments for 3 websites.

Who is preferred option from the following?
(I prefer Singapore server but I am ok with US server)

1. I need Linux based.
2. Prefer unlimited web page but if constraint is put I am ok. Examples < 10GB
3. Prefer unlimited bandwidth
4. MySQL support
5. FTP..
6. Prefer Unlimited email accounts (It is ok < 100 Users total, I need only 20 email accounts)
7. Each email should have at least 500MB email space.
8. Able to access email using POP/Web (mail.mydomainname.com)
9. SSH Access(I am not using but future I may need)
10. Cost <S$6
11. Prefer unlimited domain (It is ok <20 domains, Currently I have only 6 domains)

Here is some comparison, who you recommend based on your experience?

Web Hosting Service comparison

Thank you

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried dreamhost, bluehost, gator and godaddy

servers severely overpopulated and can be a hit and miss

exabytes tends to have some hidden surcharges, so read carefully before you are tempted by their cheap prices

currently satisfied user of asmallorange

tech_oasis

Reaction score
tried dreamhost, bluehost, gator and godaddy

servers severely overpopulated and can be a hit and miss

exabytes tends to have some hidden surcharges, so read carefully before you are tempted by their cheap prices

currently satisfied user of asmallorange

Hi all,

Need advice for hosting wordpress site. Was considering hostgator for domain name registration and hosting but after reading online maybe better separate. Long time ago had issue with go daddy but seems to be recommended here for domain name. asmallorange good for wordpress?

Thanks

PaboJames

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is for his company, a fairly large law firm. Simply to put, if any disaster happen, they just want to find some one to account for or to sue them.

Sue ? Is there even a SLA to start with. At most get 100% refund, anything more, probably hard unless there is an explicit SLA.

A fairly Large law firm wasting effort over a $10/month budget hosting service would be a rather unglamourous event.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.