HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

wordpress and virtual wallet integration

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #1

wordpress and virtual wallet integration

Hi all

does anyone knows how to integrate Paylah, paynow, dash with wordpress for ecommerce?
hyperpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #2
Master Member

good question but I don't think there any plugin that integrates local payment service, maybe need custom plugin coding.
Hafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
Master Member

you can try finding local 3rd party payment processor like WorldPay etc and see if they offer accepting payments with them.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all

does anyone knows how to integrate Paylah, paynow, dash with wordpress for ecommerce?
Not sure about Dash, but I *suspect* it isn't an ideal approach.

While I have not seen it all for integration with Paylah and PayNow, my personal experience is it is always initiated from a bank mobile app whether you search up the payee or via a static QR code.

Your problem will be with reconciliation. Suppose you have a transaction X that allows your user(browser) to be redirected to either a QR code or payment gateway that integrate with Paylah or Paynow, how is the user going to pay?

The user can't be authorising a 3rd party system (other than the bank he/she trust) to access his/her bank account for debit right ? So the user must always initiate from his/her own app (so far only mobile app), perform a payment to the payee. I am not aware that at this point, the user will be able to refer the particular payment to transaction X.

Without this linkage, your Wordpress, nor even the payment gateway will be able to reconcile the payment to a particular transaction and hence the Wordpress(e-commerce) system can dispatch the service/goods after payment.

The only way is user make a payment to the payee, and notify the payee using other methods. The flow is manual. It is actually not much difference from a COD or bank transfer, except that it goes through an encoded payment ID assigned by the paynow/paylah to the payee.

On the mobile alone, after visiting your e-commerce site, I can't see a way that the user can be redirected to the bank mobile app to perform a payment and then be redirected back to the e-commerce app for transaction completion. If the user is using a separate system to visit the e-commerce app, it still can be somewhat done, but still reconciliation will be an issue.

Interesting question to have a discussion on, just that I am not aware if it is possible or reasonable to do so. Perhaps someone else whom has observe such a payment flow via pay now,paylah that works for complete automated online payment ?
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
Master Member

Paylah is possible (see Qoo10 integration)... not sure about Paynow and DASH though, can consider GrabPay, Wechat Pay as well.

A trick to know whether a payment method or getting ideas is to look at local bigger e-com platforms like Qoo10, Lazada or Shopee and see their available payment integrations and you'll know whether it can be done or not but the possibility of adding it yourself to your e-com store will be another technical challenge.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Paylah is possible (see Qoo10 integration)... not sure about Paynow and DASH though, can consider GrabPay, Wechat Pay as well.

A trick to know whether a payment method or getting ideas is to look at local bigger e-com platforms like Qoo10, Lazada or Shopee and see their available payment integrations and you'll know whether it can be done or not but the possibility of adding it yourself to your e-com store will be another technical challenge.
Okay Paylah is from DBS only, so if that get redirected to DBS, seems fine as long as DBS offers.

Paynow is an initiation. Of course if any payment gateway wanna provide that integration, that would seems possible. Not that I'm aware of though

Why bother if one could already charge to a debit card. Whether paylah or pay now, it's no difference from a debit charge.
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:16 PM   #7
Master Member

Why bother if one could already charge to a debit card. Whether paylah or pay now, it's no difference from a debit charge.
if I am not wrong whether a customer uses credit or debit card for payment, there no difference at VISA/MC side as they still charge the seller same merchant processing fees at % because the payment still go through the same processing at their networks. The only difference is at the card issuer bank where they either charge as credit (for credit card) or debit customer account directly (for debit card). Unlike local direct P2P payments like paylah or paynow processing fee is basically free (to the seller) so it makes a difference in profit margin for small priced items.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #8

The only way i can think of is something similar to bank transfer method on woocommerce. On checkout the payee will see the qr code or payment number to transfer to. The admin will need to manually check whether payment is done

I did see that qoo10 is able to do this automatically. Perhaps using api. Not sure how to do this on WordPress.
hyperpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.