HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

<RANT> Don't buy anything from courts online.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #1

Angry <RANT> Don't buy anything from courts online.

TLDR: Courts online SUCKS!

Really fed up with these guys.
I ordered a surface pro on 12 Dec. Got an email confirmation of my order. Thought it'd be straightforward. Waited and waited, no news, nothing.

Gave them a call on 18 Dec. Alright, they said, their delivery guys might have slipped up on the order. No worries, they can provide the surface pro within next 2 days, the customer service person said.

Then the next day, got an email confirmation. (Finally). They can only deliver on 22 Dec only though, which was not what they said! Was not OK with that as I would be travelling! Called the CS guy and ranted.

Went back to check prices online. Whoopy doo - the price dropped. Enquired about their COURTS so-called PROMISE of a 300% price guarantee. Well guess what, its not applicable because of some random bullsh*t excuse.

So I cancelled the order and hoped that the nightmare is over.

Welp, its not.

On 22 Dec, received a call that asked me that they were going to deliver. I was roaming and was paying roaming charges. So clearly, something's seriously wrong with their internal communication, they can't even cancel an order. Anyway I just told the guy, this order is cancelled.

And its been 4 weeks. Until this date, they haven't refunded me yet. They haven't even issued any email confirmation of a cancel and refund.

Its been 4 weeks. Tried calling them yesterday, and the person said - sorry, the people in charge of invoicing will come back tomorrow, will ask them to provide a notice of refund.

Tried calling again today, and the CS lady told me that - the refund would take 3 weeks.

WTF.

Never mind, I asked her, just send me the email confirmation that my order is cancelled. Send it now. She promised she'd send today. She didn't have my email (for some reason, although they were able to email me my order in the first place) and offered to whatsapp to me? (Like seriously?????)

Insisted on her sending to my email, and told her my email address over the phone.

Now its past their office hours, and they haven't emailed me anything. Its showing up on credit card bill and I have to pay, and dispute this charge, but they haven't even given me the confirmation of cancellation.

I can only conclude that these people are either blatantly dishonest or seriously inept and they have been going back on their word again and again.

Stay away or else be prepared to suffer the worst of customer service EVER.

And if I have to call them again to listen to their advertisement asking me to shop at courts online for the Nth time, I'll properly blast them.

Last edited by randomph; 08-01-2018 at 09:18 PM..
randomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for sharing.

I have purchased from them a couple of times, but usually the transaction is smooth. Usually you can only see the cracks appearing when something goes wrong, i.e. in this case.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

TLDR: Courts online SUCKS!

Really fed up with these guys.
I ordered a surface pro on 12 Dec. Got an email confirmation of my order. Thought it'd be straightforward. Waited and waited, no news, nothing.

Gave them a call on 18 Dec. Alright, they said, their delivery guys might have slipped up on the order. No worries, they can provide the surface pro within next 2 days, the customer service person said.

Then the next day, got an email confirmation. (Finally). They can only deliver on 22 Dec only though, which was not what they said! Was not OK with that as I would be travelling! Called the CS guy and ranted.

Went back to check prices online. Whoopy doo - the price dropped. Enquired about their COURTS so-called PROMISE of a 300% price guarantee. Well guess what, its not applicable because of some random bullsh*t excuse.

So I cancelled the order and hoped that the nightmare is over.

Welp, its not.

On 22 Dec, received a call that asked me that they were going to deliver. I was roaming and was paying roaming charges. So clearly, something's seriously wrong with their internal communication, they can't even cancel an order. Anyway I just told the guy, this order is cancelled.

And its been 4 weeks. Until this date, they haven't refunded me yet. They haven't even issued any email confirmation of a cancel and refund.

Its been 4 weeks. Tried calling them yesterday, and the person said - sorry, the people in charge of invoicing will come back tomorrow, will ask them to provide a notice of refund.

Tried calling again today, and the CS lady told me that - the refund would take 3 weeks.

WTF.

Never mind, I asked her, just send me the email confirmation that my order is cancelled. Send it now. She promised she'd send today. She didn't have my email (for some reason, although they were able to email me my order in the first place) and offered to whatsapp to me? (Like seriously?????)

Insisted on her sending to my email, and told her my email address over the phone.

Now its past their office hours, and they haven't emailed me anything. Its showing up on credit card bill and I have to pay, and dispute this charge, but they haven't even given me the confirmation of cancellation.

I can only conclude that these people are either blatantly dishonest or seriously inept and they have been going back on their word again and again.

Stay away or else be prepared to suffer the worst of customer service EVER.

And if I have to call them again to listen to their advertisement asking me to shop at courts online for the Nth time, I'll properly blast them.
Have similar neg experience with them before. Never buy from them again.

Bought, said have stock.. 1 day before delivery after waiting for more than a week for the delivery, say no stock. refund took more than 1 month after numerous emails exchange.

Last edited by batniss; 08-01-2018 at 10:21 PM..
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:08 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

best is to take immediate delivery for anything that can be carried.
Unclemun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #5

That sucks.

Courts have no experience in online sales so expect it to suck.

Have you tried charging back using your credit card?
Psycovirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:47 PM   #6

That sucks.

Courts have no experience in online sales so expect it to suck.

Have you tried charging back using your credit card?
getting them to issue a formal cancellation notice so that I can file a dispute, so mafan sia!

Wanna buy Courts, really must cash and carry, but wonder if later got problem will it be the same sucky experience?
randomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

Courts or Harvey or whatever all same one lar.

Feel bad for you TS, hope you get your refund soon

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT
singupingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Courts or Harvey or whatever all same one lar.

Feel bad for you TS, hope you get your refund soon

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT
I feel that HM or BD is more responsible than Courts.... YMMV.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #9

i can understand TS frustration sometimes we make the expensive purcahse because either we need it or we want to replace an ageing products that affects us. for such a long and unnessary wait, the money is better spent elsewhere. heng i only buy some cheap vacuum costing $60 from them .that one also takes three weeks to deliver.
msaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Similar bad experience with Courts online. Bought a $900 item and called within the first week to do an exchange under their 30-days fuss free exchange.

No response from Courts for about two weeks. In the end, I had to send chasers before the 30-day period expire. Finally, Courts responded and wanted me to go direct to manufacturer first to set up an appointment with their technician to view the product before getting back to Courts to do the exchange.

Hardly fuss free as claimed and since my transaction was with Courts, I didn't see why I had to go back to manufacturer first.

In the end, I didn't want to spend more time on the matter and kept the product. That was also the last item I bought from Courts online.
Koenig168 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

heng i only buy some cheap vacuum costing $60 from them .that one also takes three weeks to deliver.
Ark Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

I did self collection
Order around 11pm at night
Went to mega store to collect the following morning at 10am
Never tried their delivery b4
chrisss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #13
Master Member

i bought a tv from them, at first told me no stock and have to reschedule to today at 11-1pm.

called them at 4pm to follow-up, they told me still no stock so no delivery will be done. Never inform customer about the status.

shall blacklist them
MrCoolStoryBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #14
High Supremacy Member

Just go down to their store and buy.
Fuss free and can collect on the spot.
Their online store maybe they don't focus.
Why?
Physical store not only deal with direct purchase as well as flexi plan product.
If you are sales you will want to focus on area that bring in more $.
For online shoppers, use Lazada and etc.
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

Also had super bad experience buying bed frame online from Courts.
really rather just flush my money down toilet
gigigigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.