HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

VD Aircon services

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #1

VD Aircon services

VD Aircon Engineering is one of the best in air conditioner service in Singapore.
Jimvoily7 likes this.
Chandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #2

Hi I engaged your company service to do chemical washing for my aircon with water leak problem. You send a team of 2 technicians and when they reach the place first thing said all 3 units must do vacuum washing and after 10 mins said water pipe got jelly must use gas flushing method need to add $50. So total will be $290. I tried to ask the technicians for further assurances that this type of repair will solve the problem. However the technicians mentioned that no guarantee but can try.

He then shown unhappy face when I hesitate to top up the money for the gas flushing. I tried to tell him that the customer service side mentioned no hidden cost. But the technician said their customer service people doesn't know anything about air con. He then start to pack up and want to leave... but all the casing already dismantle and to avoid causing inconvenience to my tenants i decided to go for his suggestions.

But my tenant then reminded me that the technicians only do general washing and did not even dismantle the air con for chemical washing. I checked with the technicians and then he realised that we notice no propular job done and ghen ge starts to raise his voice and said he did not say he is going to do chemical washing...I asked him so what is the total cost...he discussed with his other technician and then starts to say that he will only charge me for normal washing plus the $50. So I asked is there a miscommunication? The technician refused to answer me.

He then insisted that I use paylah to pay to the telephone no 96440652 or he won't leave. I made the payment and he took a photo on the payment.

I saw the receipt was issued by VEDHA CONSTRUCTION PTE LTD.AND NOT VD aircon engineering. Can u please verify whether this is correct?

The reason for posting this on forums as when I try to send whataapp to the above mentioned no to clarify the miscommunication and also send messengers via FB. Your company blocked me and resulting in no way for me to clarify.

I sincerely hoped that if you are the person in charge please contact me. Your invoice no is 21704.
Seminardemoac@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #3

Cannot Be trusted

I hired their services a week ago. Was suppose to use the one for one promo, do one chemical cleaning get 1 normal cleaning free. Intended to use these for my system 4. So suppose to be $160

Firstly they arrived over an hour late. Upon arrival the first thing one of the technicians did was check the outdoor compressor and randomly took a look at all the blowers. He then claim that the outdoor compressor pressure is not good, suggested doing chemical cleaning for it at $120. With regards to the individual air-con said that the chemical cleaning will "burn" the condenser coils, suggested doing normal cleaning and only chemical on the blower fans. Each unit at $60. That would mean that total will cost $360!

I told them that I don't want to pay $60 for each unit as other companies can do all 4 units together for $90 for normal cleaning, why should I pay so much when they are not even doing a full chemical wash. Said that I will consider cancelling the entire job. He then got scared and said its up to me if I want to do as the original plan which is use the 1 for 1. I get he impression that they only want to do the easy job and not keen to do the proper chemical cleaning which would require more work. So I the end I proceeded with the promo, 2 chemical clean, 2 free normal clean and in addition gave them the benefit of doubt and agreed to chemical clean the outdoor compressor as well even though I have done so over a year ago.

Chemical cleaning for one indoor unit went well but the second one they claim that they are unable to do as they are not able to remove the unit off the wall due to the copper pipes, claim that if I decide to proceed I risk damaging the pipe. They suggested cleaning using only the air-con gas and they will remove the blower fan only for chemical cleaning. He gave a $10 discount off the $80 for this particular unit. So in total the bill was $270

While settling the bill they tried to upsell on their packages which I obviously refused to sign on.

After they left I sent a message the company feedback on iMessenger and they refuse to reply. I wanted to know why the technician said that the chemical would "burn" my condenser coils , when after all these chemicals were designed to clean them. No reply from them. Had also blocked me out on further messaging.

My advise to anyone who is considering their services is to engage a more professional company. My impression of the company is not good and this will be the first and last time I will ever use them. Engage them at your own risk.

They also taken a photo of me holding the bill , like you see on their Facebook page. Told them that I do not authorize the use of my photo and that they are not to post it online.

Last edited by romanG; 13-01-2020 at 06:41 PM..
romanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 10:14 PM   #4
Master Member

VD Aircon Engineering is one of the best in air conditioner service in Singapore.
Are you the worker or the boss ?
Sai Baba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 11:46 PM   #5

Are you the worker or the boss ?
Lol spot on. I think so too.
Singaporeskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #6

cheats

we got cheated by VD air con recently. If you want more details, PM me. I might reply late as I dont really log in. Also, the workers wont tell u that they will use ur photo and post on Facebook. Naive people will think just being friendly or proof of works being completed.
Pluvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #7

mind sharing some insight to avoid engaging them.
linghuchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #8

I hired their services a week ago. Was suppose to use the one for one promo, do one chemical cleaning get 1 normal cleaning free. Intended to use these for my system 4. So suppose to be $160

Firstly they arrived over an hour late. Upon arrival the first thing one of the technicians did was check the outdoor compressor and randomly took a look at all the blowers. He then claim that the outdoor compressor pressure is not good, suggested doing chemical cleaning for it at $120. With regards to the individual air-con said that the chemical cleaning will "burn" the condenser coils, suggested doing normal cleaning and only chemical on the blower fans. Each unit at $60. That would mean that total will cost $360!

I told them that I don't want to pay $60 for each unit as other companies can do all 4 units together for $90 for normal cleaning, why should I pay so much when they are not even doing a full chemical wash. Said that I will consider cancelling the entire job. He then got scared and said its up to me if I want to do as the original plan which is use the 1 for 1. I get he impression that they only want to do the easy job and not keen to do the proper chemical cleaning which would require more work. So I the end I proceeded with the promo, 2 chemical clean, 2 free normal clean and in addition gave them the benefit of doubt and agreed to chemical clean the outdoor compressor as well even though I have done so over a year ago.

Chemical cleaning for one indoor unit went well but the second one they claim that they are unable to do as they are not able to remove the unit off the wall due to the copper pipes, claim that if I decide to proceed I risk damaging the pipe. They suggested cleaning using only the air-con gas and they will remove the blower fan only for chemical cleaning. He gave a $10 discount off the $80 for this particular unit. So in total the bill was $270

While settling the bill they tried to upsell on their packages which I obviously refused to sign on.

After they left I sent a message the company feedback on iMessenger and they refuse to reply. I wanted to know why the technician said that the chemical would "burn" my condenser coils , when after all these chemicals were designed to clean them. No reply from them. Had also blocked me out on further messaging.

My advise to anyone who is considering their services is to engage a more professional company. My impression of the company is not good and this will be the first and last time I will ever use them. Engage them at your own risk.

They also taken a photo of me holding the bill , like you see on their Facebook page. Told them that I do not authorize the use of my photo and that they are not to post it online.
Unfortunately, I engaged them only after seeing the posts here. Saw their same promo on FB as well for the 1 for 1 promo at $80 which includes 1 chemical overhaul and 1 normal servicing. The guy also went to check the outdoor compressor and suggested doing the chemical wash for $120. Same thing happened to me - they mentioned one of the units cant be done for chemical wash as the copper wires were "welded" and only remove the blower for chemical cleaning like yours. After which I went to google and actually found the reviews here and tell them just finish the job I asked for, without the compressor wash and stuff. They tried to upsell their maintenance packages for like $480 - I was like no way. I actually have a lot of trust issues with these air con companies, with so many popping up nowadays. Never really had a good experience with some of them. This VD Air Con doesnt have google reviews, nor Facebook reviews. They seem to delete comments and bad past reviews. I had another experience with another company previously, where i gave a 1 star review on google. The boss called me up to offer refund, but to remove the review.
crapmansyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:17 AM   #9

I am surprised by the large number of good reviews here as they are the worse aircon company I have personally encountered so far. Last year, I engaged VD aircon to do a chemical wash on my Fan Coil Unit (FCU). Ended up they caused a leak in the refrigerant pipe and took them 5 more trips to find out the problem and rectify it. During the whole process I made more than 100 calls to them as their technician were either late for more than an hour, never answer my calls or never show up at all. I have met my share of aircon servicing companies (both good and bad) and VD Aircon certainly top my list for the aircon servicing to avoid.
jorje22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:48 PM   #10

Who is this Jimvoily7. Spamming all the “good reviews”.
My personal experience with them had been a nightmare from hell.
Singaporeskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:06 AM   #11

Who is this Jimvoily7. Spamming all the “good reviews”.
My personal experience with them had been a nightmare from hell.
such a amazing service in vd aircon.. i really like them service..
Old 13-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #12

I am surprised by the large number of good reviews here as they are the worse aircon company I have personally encountered so far. Last year, I engaged VD aircon to do a chemical wash on my Fan Coil Unit (FCU). Ended up they caused a leak in the refrigerant pipe and took them 5 more trips to find out the problem and rectify it. During the whole process I made more than 100 calls to them as their technician were either late for more than an hour, never answer my calls or never show up at all. I have met my share of aircon servicing companies (both good and bad) and VD Aircon certainly top my list for the aircon servicing to avoid.
I called VD Aircon yesterday morning. As I had problems with my 2 Aircon units at home, I needed an urgent sercive. A 2-men team of technicians came within 1hr of my call. They waited patiently outside as I told them I will be 20mins late coming back home from the market. After all assessments done, it turned out to be a capacitor problem. And they solved the issue within 45mins. They were very polite, helpful and most importantly, the reaction time was very fast. They managed to get to my place despite the heavy rain. Overall, VD Aircon is a trustworthy company and I will definitely engage them for all my future services.
- Mdm Pakiam
Old 16-03-2020, 03:05 PM   #13

Today i have also engaged their services. The company did not delivered what had been promised and tried to make us laymen to believe and pay more. Promo was 1 chemical overhaul and 2 servicing for $100. Checked with CSO that it includes dismantling of blower and coil for chemical wash plus a gas topup all inclusive. Technicians came and told coil is rusty and unable to wash. Wow! Then proceed to advise that all 3 units needs chemical wash at $180 total. Also advised me to change coil at $600 which i rejected. Did not top up gas as promised and did not dismantle coil for washing. After which, i search the forum then found out many complaints on this company. Do not believe the facebook good reviews. Ask for partial refund, CSO twist the words here and there. Beware all!
517jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2020, 10:46 PM   #14

Cannot Make It

We engaged VD aircon Servicing today.
Like what you guys mentioned, it’s a scam.
I saw the 1 for 1 promo on Facebook, so I whatsapp to engaged them for 1 chemical overhaul and free 1 general servicing. When the technician arrived, one of them went straight to the compressor and told us that compress need chemical wash and that’s cost us S$160/-.
He proceed to show me the oil and dirt from the compressor.
One of the technician brought the dismantled fan coil unit to wash, however he did not dismantle the parts!!! And they dare to say this is chemical overhaul!? Now my aircon have a lot noise.
The FOC for the other unit that they did really let me roll my eyes. Didn’t even bring the net down to wash, just clean it.
When we checked with him if he isn’t going to bring down the parts for washing? What the technician replied will let you roll your eyes. He said it’s free what you expect. @@
While doing the cleaning, one of them asked me if we want to sign a 1 year package servicing and will be charge S$500+.
Lucky I did not sign, with such service and results I don’t dare to sign.
What’s best is when I text the in-charge (I believe it’s the lady boss), she replied that sometimes it’s common to have the noise due to friction after wash and the sound will slowly fade off. And I was asked to monitor over night. And when I told her that her technician didn’t dismantle the parts for chemical overhaul, her replied was if the fan coil is on good condition they will advise.
Is this the way you are doing business?
What rubbish. Previously the company that I engaged doing chemical overhaul, there will not be any noise after servicing.

You still dare to ask your customers to take photo and post on your Facebook!
This isn’t genuine good review from your customers.

If your mind set just looking for 1 time business, fine you will have it.
Don’t forget words of mouth.

Do rectify my aircon problem ASAP.
Berryberryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #15

They are cheats! A lot of people as well as me, have left negative reviews on their google listing but they deleted it. I highly suspect they've engaged some Indian digital marketing firm to scrub their feedback and set up several sites/pages to throw off the SEO for negative reviews.

They spoiled my AC unit, came back several times , and are clueless in the end! They then started to say that there was no issue ( loud buzzing noise after a chemical wash) and tried to deny everything. Receipt was also given out with a company called VEDHAS CONSTRUCTION. They clearly do not know the mechanics of an AC and I had no choice but to get another second opinion.

They have no local management representative too, and they will never give you a name . When I demanded for a name, they just kept on saying VD AC, VD AC.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.
Sgbundot is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.