HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #1561

So can i ask somebody else to self collect parcels at the post office? What does he need to bring?
It's all in their help section...

Question: Can I get my friend/helper/parent to collect on my behalf?

Yes, you may authorize someone else to collect your packages on your behalf. Please note that the authorized person must produce:

1. his/her identity card or passport; and
2. the authorization advice (you may download it here)

http://www.vpost.com.sg/rvmp/images/...ost-Office.pdf
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #1562

aster1: I think they are probably still in the original package, cuz I have a few 'repackaged' parcels from vpost before but still have the merchant logo leh. anyway ,the repackage fee + the subsequent lower shipping cost would have been charged to you already, so there is technically no extra cost since the original shipping cost would have been higher
That would be fine if that should be the case. What I was worried about was being charged for repackaging and then seeing that I was also charged for the full size/weight of the original package (not repacked).

Fingers crossed everything will turn out ok.
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #1563

any independent spree organizers to recommend? Best Buy kept canceling my orders when I enter vpost or cgw's shipping address.
noseatsherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #1564
Supremacy Member

jazdrive: can you explain the "It's possible but not always possible because different merchants pack item marked as gift differently." my friend actually marked as gift and declare those stuff as $1 o.0
I guess what's even more jalat is that those parcels can only be kept at the post office for 5 working days, before they get send back to somewhere else.
Well, you can choose to do away with the price for item marked as gift from Amazon. However, not all merchants work the same as Amazon; some work the direct opposite of what Amazon would do. So if you declare just $1 for item marked as a gift which still has the price displayed, you are taking a risk. Also, I would not recommend anyone to declare the item value to a meagre amount such as $1 because if you declare an item as having just a value of $1, most probably you would only be compensated with $1 should it be lost before being delivered.

Yes, the new policy requires a customer to effect a paid redelivery or self-collection within 5 days personally to the post office before vPost start to do away with the packages. I won't touch vPost with a ten yard pole from now on unless there is someone who can stay at home at all times just to wait to sign for my packages. They can torture other willing customers with their stupid new policy instead.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #1565
jf

any independent spree organizers to recommend? Best Buy kept canceling my orders when I enter vpost or cgw's shipping address.
is this really a spree? or an individual order? pm me.
jf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #1566
Supremacy Member

So which one is the cheapest now with fast delivery? Vpost is out for me.
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #1567

Hi guys, is there a way to buy stuff from best buy usa and bypass the freight forwarder address thingy?
sandywong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #1568
jf

Hi guys, is there a way to buy stuff from best buy usa and bypass the freight forwarder address thingy?
send it to somebody, who will then forward it on to u. That's the only way. I can arrange something for u if u'd like. Pm me.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #1569

send it to somebody, who will then forward it on to u. That's the only way. I can arrange something for u if u'd like. Pm me.
hey jf, is this offer limited to just the poster above u or us as well? thanks!!

Make mistakes, take chances, be silly, be imperfect, trust yourself and follow your heart.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #1570
jf

hey jf, is this offer limited to just the poster above u or us as well? thanks!!
well... u just have to talk to me, and make sure u're trustworthy. And u should be good to go. So in that sense, no. It's not limited. You can pm me with details about what u need.

Over a decade of professional, battle-tested Linux consulting and services
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #1571

Penalized for consolidating shipping!

I've never used border. No citi card.
Used to use Vpost then switched to CGW cos they use DHL with much much better service, do re-deliveries and deliver at night.

But just today I got a bit puzzled and disappointed!!

I got 5 parcels to ship. I shipped 3 together, total value less than $400. Weight 3.5kg. I'm charged usd 71.81. Paid and processed.

Then I got another 2 parcels left. I was just trying to play around with it. If shipped together, the total value exceeds $400 and total weight will be 5-6kg. The total amount comes up to usd 95plus.

If ship both separately, each parcel is about 30-35 which adds up to 60 plus only. Thats a 30usd more if shipped together! There's the cost breakdown. No GST incurred. Only difference is the "import clearance service fee"...not sure what this is! Ship separately, no service fee charged. If ship together, the service fee is 30plus. HUHHHHHHHH....i thought the point is to consolidate shipping! Now I'm penalised for shipping together. Its way cheaper to ship individual parcel. Dont make sense leh!

I've written to cgw liaos...waiting for reply!

Arghhhh....now I should have shipped the first 3 parcels separately also!! Hiy!
paw2gether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #1572
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've never used border. No citi card.
Used to use Vpost then switched to CGW cos they use DHL with much much better service, do re-deliveries and deliver at night.

But just today I got a bit puzzled and disappointed!!

I got 5 parcels to ship. I shipped 3 together, total value less than $400. Weight 3.5kg. I'm charged usd 71.81. Paid and processed.

Then I got another 2 parcels left. I was just trying to play around with it. If shipped together, the total value exceeds $400 and total weight will be 5-6kg. The total amount comes up to usd 95plus.

If ship both separately, each parcel is about 30-35 which adds up to 60 plus only. Thats a 30usd more if shipped together! There's the cost breakdown. No GST incurred. Only difference is the "import clearance service fee"...not sure what this is! Ship separately, no service fee charged. If ship together, the service fee is 30plus. HUHHHHHHHH....i thought the point is to consolidate shipping! Now I'm penalised for shipping together. Its way cheaper to ship individual parcel. Dont make sense leh!

I've written to cgw liaos...waiting for reply!

Arghhhh....now I should have shipped the first 3 parcels separately also!! Hiy!
"Import Clearance Service Fee" is the local 7% GST lah...
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #1573

"Import Clearance Service Fee" is the local 7% GST lah...
Huhhhhh...is it??!! But I made sure the total value is less than $400 leh...How come still charged GST?!?!
paw2gether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #1574
Supremacy Member

Huhhhhh...is it??!! But I made sure the total value is less than $400 leh...How come still charged GST?!?!
SGD400 limit includes the shipping fees, and uses Custom's FX rates.
dreant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #1575

to avoid GST u have to make sure Goods + Freight cost is less than S$400.00 and not just goods alone.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.