HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #1591

Got a question about vPost and consolidating orders. What if they all arrive in Singapore but are processed on different days, can I pick some of them up as soon as they are ready (I chose own pick-up at PO) or must I wait until all of them are waiting for me?
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #1592

Guys, I'm doing a review of the current freight forwarders/delivery services and if there is a need for a better service to be around. Posting on several threads, if you have seen it elsewhere, paiseh. Anyway, I'm a singaporean like you all and thinking of starting a PT business while finishing my studies in Oregon. I got little to no overhead and will be able to cater to very personalized requests. Using my own place and no need to count profit on everything like in a coy.

For eg, I can repack as long as you request for it (or an option to see pics), return to retailer if you think shipping is too exp so long as the return policy is still valid, no holding costs for me to keep it. I can even assist in the mail-in rebates, making newegg shopping possible for once. Small company won't have the troubles of having to move fast and reject repacking, giving rise to vol weight nightmares.

Of course, this means it will take some time to ship to SG because I need to consolidate packages (at least it will be true at the beginning). Think of it as a mass order with someone helping overseas. You'll also have the option of having it delivered to you, or collect from a convenient location. There is even a possibility to work with traders.

Here's a survey I made on google docs, simple short questionnaire. No cost for me, just keeping it real.

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVXQzdXanpEN05PdTYtRzhSUnRYR2c6MQ

Please support! Thank you
i pm you, can do me a favor?
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1593
Master Member

comgateway's previous LIKECGW12 promo code not valid anymore? thought it's until like 31/Dec?
dominicwor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #1594

any new promo code for hopshopgo?
Old 26-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #1595
Supremacy Member

Viaddress shipping Si expensive with Fedex!

At least 2 x more ex than borderlinx
relacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #1596

just an update on my anger on vpost
i shipped with vpost (before I know about the collect your own parcel at singpost thingy)
and the parcel supposedly reached the place on Nov 29.

It was shipped out from vpost on Dec 2
by someone else and not me.
apparently they tie the parcel to some other account, a very idiotic mistake considering that my VP number starts with 4 and the other person 1.

so it is Dec 28 now, the CSO still ask me to wait again. Despite them knowing the situation (finally) on Dec 26.
Any avenues I can make my formal complaint will be appreciated.
boopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #1597

I have used vpost for close to 10 times in the past 6 years. No problem at all with my shipment. What I don't like are the high shipping charges and less than prompt tracking by speedpost.

Luckily for me I didn't miss any delivery sent to me by speedpost. I would say that 7 out of the 10 deliveries, I have redirected my packages to the post office of my choice as soon as I see my shipment has reached SG by calling speedpost. I also noticed that the redirection of the package to a post office is now a "new service"....

I last used vpost in May this year... but looks like there is an ever increasing number of complaints about them. It's like earning themselves a bad reputation!
Old 28-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #1598
Supremacy Member

It was shipped out from vpost on Dec 2
by someone else and not me.
apparently they tie the parcel to some other account, a very idiotic mistake considering that my VP number starts with 4 and the other person 1.

so it is Dec 28 now, the CSO still ask me to wait again. Despite them knowing the situation (finally) on Dec 26.
Any avenues I can make my formal complaint will be appreciated.
Doesn't that mean some else has paid for your shipping?
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #1599

Doesn't that mean some else has paid for your shipping?
What's more confusing is that that parcel should most probably have reached SG. And why boopit still has not received it!
Old 28-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #1600

dreant: Yes, and that someone has my items as well, god knows if he/she open and use already.
Magica: yes it is with a person in SG already. why did the dishonest person didn't declare that it was not his/her parcel is utterly beyond my comprehension.
Old 28-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #1601
Supremacy Member

I've got an empty box from Amazon. What the heck, vPOST measured it as 600g, pretty sure an empty cardboard box wouldn't be 600g. My earphones must have been stolen between the vPOSTUSA-SG route...sigh. I think because the Amazon box wasn't taped so it must have looked like an easy target?

SIAN didn't buy insurance.
Old 28-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #1602

I've got an empty box from Amazon. What the heck, vPOST measured it as 600g, pretty sure an empty cardboard box wouldn't be 600g. My earphones must have been stolen between the vPOSTUSA-SG route...sigh. I think because the Amazon box wasn't taped so it must have looked like an easy target?

SIAN didn't buy insurance.
amazon box are all taped de leh (the ones I received)
but anyway sigh, vpost is really crap
Just Me likes this.
Old 28-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #1603

I have used vpost for close to 10 times in the past 6 years. No problem at all with my shipment. What I don't like are the high shipping charges and less than prompt tracking by speedpost.

Luckily for me I didn't miss any delivery sent to me by speedpost. I would say that 7 out of the 10 deliveries, I have redirected my packages to the post office of my choice as soon as I see my shipment has reached SG by calling speedpost. I also noticed that the redirection of the package to a post office is now a "new service"....

I last used vpost in May this year... but looks like there is an ever increasing number of complaints about them. It's like earning themselves a bad reputation!

speedpost also damn one kind.
Local speedpost fee starts from $10-$22
last time it was a flat rate of $10 regardless of your location

now non cbd to non cbd region is $15 minimum
like who will be so stupid to use that service?

Taqbin cheapest $6, most expensive is $10, regardless of weight.
=,= just how must more retarded can they get
Old 29-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #1604
Master Member

Despite all the posts on Vpost. Still got people try every year. Go figure.
Just Me likes this.
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #1605

i'm using hopshopgo and i declared the value wrongly as i thought i need to be keyed in in SGD. I've emailed them but no reply. any advise?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.