HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #1651

Hey guys, need some help. When buying clothes online i should use comgetway right? Compared to vpost or some other things.
For example I shipping from ralph lauren , should i ship them to my US address myself or let comgetway help me?
You should... use your credit card right.. since they accept. haha can get points somemore. i use citi rewards to buy clothes online and i got my 10x rewards (equiv to 4% rebate).

Off the website: Enjoy 10x Rewards (S$1 spend = Citi $10) whenever you shop for shoes, bags or clothing or at department stores, locally & overseas.

I'm not sure how they define....but so far so good. Buy AE, RL, and ASOS all got 10x rewards.

i've personally had good experiences with CGW
feist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #1652

They will refund you using check, and you can choose either USD or SGD. The first time they lost my item, they told me that they won't refund the GST per their terms and conditions. I told them to show me their terms and conditions but they couldn't so they LL have to refund me. If I remember correctly, I got back everything including the shipping and insurance.
Thanks, this was helpful.

What if one has used a promo code? Will they reissue the code or something like that?
Neo_Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #1653
Supremacy Member

is priority tag reliable?
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #1654

Hi guys!

I've just launched my own little startup, a concierge service known as BuyForYou Express (BFM Express). We will help you buy items from USA websites that decline payment from non-US credit cards, and send them to your USA address (e.g. those obtained from companies like comgateway or vpost). Since we are an independent entity, it allows you to choose any freight forwarder you like, without regard to the quality, speed and price of their concierge services.

We work in a very simple manner, with all fees included in an upfront exchange rate quoted by us. For example, if the ongoing rate is 1.29 SGD for 1 USD, it means that all you have to pay is 1.29 SGD if you buy an item that has a total cost (incl. shipping and taxes) of 1 USD. The current exchange rate can be found on our site, and you pay no more, no less.

For more information, check us out at http://bfmexpress.wix.com/home! Also, suggestions that would make us even better are most welcome Thank you for your interest!

Last edited by kayden; 10-01-2013 at 12:50 PM..
kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #1655

Hi guys!

I've just launched my own little startup, a concierge service known as BuyForYou Express (BFM Express). We will help you buy items from USA websites that decline payment from non-US credit cards, and send them to your USA address (e.g. those obtained from companies like comgateway or vpost). Since we are an independent entity, it allows you to choose any freight forwarder you like, without regard to the quality, speed and price of their concierge services.

We work in a very simple manner, with all fees included in an upfront exchange rate quoted by us. For example, if the ongoing rate is 1.29 SGD for 1 USD, it means that all you have to pay is 1.29 SGD if you buy an item that has a total cost (incl. shipping and taxes) of 1 USD. The current exchange rate can be found on our site, and you pay no more, no less.

For more information, check us out at BuyForMe Express | Wix.com! Also, suggestions that would make us even better are most welcome Thank you for your interest!
Hey bro, congrats on your new startup...

I would like to check what sets you apart from the other shippers? Any promos?
Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #1656

Hi guys!

For more information, check us out at BuyForMe Express | Wix.com! Also, suggestions that would make us even better are most welcome Thank you for your interest!
That's about 3-5% of charges derived from the exchange rate right. Since current Offical exchange rate for dbs now is about 1.26USD to 1SGD

Last edited by frotle009; 10-01-2013 at 03:45 PM..
frotle009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #1657

which is stricter on prohibited items shipment?
Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?
bicycleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #1658

is www.viaddress.com good? and trustful?
bicycleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #1659

Hey bro, congrats on your new startup...

I would like to check what sets you apart from the other shippers? Any promos?
Thanks hidetoshi! Well, I'd like to think that being smaller, we could be more nimble in handling requests and hopefully make your purchases faster. You can also contact us via whatsapp as an additional channel for queries and requests pricing wise, we're cheaper than companies that charge 5% for concierge fees directly + an additional ~2.5% when you pay in USD for your purchases using a Singapore credit card.

For example, if you buy a product that is 100 USD, you'll pay 105 USD to the company that buys it on your behalf. Assuming the exchange rate is 1.23, that will be 129.15 SGD. And if you include the administrative charges imposed by banks, it could easily increase to 129.15 * 1.025 = 132.38 SGD. In this case, you're actually paying 132.38 SGD for 100 USD in purchases. Hopefully, we'd be able to offer a cheaper alternative in this scenario

We don't really ship; we order your products and send it to your address you have in the USA. Haha promos sound like a really good idea, but we haven't really worked on it yet. Will let you guys know if there are any!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #1660

That's about 3-5% of charges derived from the exchange rate right. Since current Offical exchange rate for dbs now is about 1.26USD to 1SGD
hi frotle! yeap, we make a small profit from the spread and also to buffer against having to change the exchange rate often. all fees and charges are incorporated into the exchange rate, so there are no hidden fees other than this simple rate.

Last edited by kayden; 10-01-2013 at 10:51 PM..
Old 10-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #1661

I just received my parcels from comgateway. Wrong product delivered in one of the parcel which I ordered through their BuyForMe. Anyone knows will comgateway responsible for this mistake?
xuan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #1662

Thanks hidetoshi! Well, I'd like to think that being smaller, we could be more nimble in handling requests and hopefully make your purchases faster. You can also contact us via whatsapp as an additional channel for queries and requests pricing wise, we're cheaper than companies that charge 5% for concierge fees directly + an additional ~2.5% when you pay in USD for your purchases using a Singapore credit card.

For example, if you buy a product that is 100 USD, you'll pay 105 USD to the company that buys it on your behalf. Assuming the exchange rate is 1.23, that will be 129.15 SGD. And if you include the administrative charges imposed by banks, it could easily increase to 129.15 * 1.025 = 132.38 SGD. In this case, you're actually paying 132.38 SGD for 100 USD in purchases. Hopefully, we'd be able to offer a cheaper alternative in this scenario

We don't really ship; we order your products and send it to your address you have in the USA. Haha promos sound like a really good idea, but we haven't really worked on it yet. Will let you guys know if there are any!
Hey kayden, i think this is a really good idea for a startup. As per new businesses, the only hurdle now is the first step in getting customers... looking forward to ordering from you all when there is a great opening promo or sth!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #1663
Master Member

Good news! Got 20% discount code for Borderlinx but limited to the first 1000 shipments worldwide as their FB has reached 20K fans. I just used it 3 mins ago and it is still working. Code code 20K_FBFANS
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #1664

I just received my parcels from comgateway. Wrong product delivered in one of the parcel which I ordered through their BuyForMe. Anyone knows will comgateway responsible for this mistake?
I think you gotta email them, since its likely to be their fault. Have you double checked with the invoice slip included in the package and the invoice from cgw to verify that thy purchased the wrong thing and that its not the merchant's fault? Because if its merchant fault they wont hold responsibility
addicted-addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #1665

My cleanser is 16.9oz. they just delivered 1 unit with 8.4oz. I checked with merchant directly although this order is through BuyForMe... they might deliver 2 unit of 8.4oz.. the invoice is still 16.9oz cleanser at 1 unit.. I suspect either merchant delivered 2 unit of 8.4oz and comgateway lost 1 of it in their warehouse because they suppose to check when receive the parcel from merchant since the package weight is exactly 0.5kg for 16.9oz in the shipment record. if only 1 unit of 8.4oz it should be less than 0.5kg. sigh... waiting for one night to reach they through live chat but the live chat always suddenly drop in the middle of the conversation. email also haven't replied..
xuan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.