HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #1861

Angry Unable to complete purchase

Can someone help me ??
I tried to do a puchase from US under Vpost yesterday but but couldn't complete the order as I keep getting that msg "credit card is not charge, try again"

But after, I receive a call from my credit card co. informing me that the attempts that I had tried earlier has been reflected on their end. Only that the payment has not been accepted by the seller from US.

Thinking that it might be due to the fate that S'pore issued credit card is not accepted, I went on to tried on Comgateweay, using the "Buy for Me"option.
But again, almost to the end of completeing the purchase, I got the prompting again, "credit card has not been charged, try again".......

Has anyone encountered wat I am encountering, or any advise to how to complete any purchase from US that do not accept local CC......
seeabdullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #1862

I ordered many time from CGW and never exceeded $400.. what is the cost of your total purchase?
It's USD1000.

But does that matter?

I've already paid for 7% GST at customs, and I don't know how Comgateway spilts the rest with DHL, or if they even split the cost.
louisatanhuiying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #1863
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's USD1000.

But does that matter?

I've already paid for 7% GST at customs, and I don't know how Comgateway spilts the rest with DHL, or if they even split the cost.
Stop worrying, DHL is not going to ask you to pay for GST. CGW has already collected it from you, as part of the shipping charges.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #1864
Supremacy Member

Stop worrying, DHL is not going to ask you to pay for GST. CGW has already collected it from you, as part of the shipping charges.
Your package will arrive duty paid, so there is nothing else payable.

However, when you buy via CGW, you actually pay *more* for GST, as they effectively collect 7.35% from you instead.

US$360.80 x 1.494= S$539.04

7% GST = S$37.73
+ 5% Service Charge (because we incur bank processing charges too) = S$1.89
Total Tax = S$39.62 (USD26.79)
In other words, shopping with CGW = 7.35% GST!
Guess I'll stick with Borderlinx.

Last edited by dreant; 29-03-2013 at 06:14 PM..
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #1865
Master Member

Can someone help me ??
I tried to do a puchase from US under Vpost yesterday but but couldn't complete the order as I keep getting that msg "credit card is not charge, try again"

But after, I receive a call from my credit card co. informing me that the attempts that I had tried earlier has been reflected on their end. Only that the payment has not been accepted by the seller from US.

Thinking that it might be due to the fate that S'pore issued credit card is not accepted, I went on to tried on Comgateweay, using the "Buy for Me"option.
But again, almost to the end of completeing the purchase, I got the prompting again, "credit card has not been charged, try again".......

Has anyone encountered wat I am encountering, or any advise to how to complete any purchase from US that do not accept local CC......
Ur bank like many prob hor, u ask the bank did the block u from buying overseas stuff like capp u at 500 n u buy 1k? Some need authentication on purchase..
Try another card is my suggestion.

Me use debit uob also ok..

As for the tax for goods exceeding 400$, cgw will charge u w the shipment when they received it so pay them will do.
foreveru13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #1866

Can someone help me ??

hi there,

i'm running a little startup that could help you with purchases that do not accept local CC. we offer a buyforme service that would allow you to purchase from websites that accept only us-based credit cards, and have the products sent to your address with any freight forwarder.

the cost in sgd is simple to calculate: 1.29 * (total cost of goods in USD).

you can visit us at BuyForMe Express!
kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #1867

anyone know how much is the lowest shipping cost Borderlinx charge for just a micro usb cable?
kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #1868
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone know how much is the lowest shipping cost Borderlinx charge for just a micro usb cable?
it is probably not cost effective to ship a micro USB cable from USA via BDL or CGW. eBay will be a better solution for you.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #1869
Supremacy Member

what's the current borderlinx promotion code?
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #1870
Arch-Supremacy Member

The declaration of the value at CGW is in USD right?
Old 31-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #1871

The declaration of the value at CGW is in USD right?
Yup. In USD
darkhell26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #1872

Shipping laptop using cgw

Hi, I was thinking of using CGW to help me ship a laptop from lenovo US. Is this adviceable? how much extra cost would i have to pay?

i read abt the shipping cost frm cgw, insurance cost frm cgw, BuyForMe cost frm cgw, den there is tax by sg customs and dangerous goods surcharge by dhl...? so how exactly does it work? thanks!

package is worth 650 USD and ard 6.61lbs (3kg)

Thanks!

p.s i calculated a value of 850 USD is it correct??

Last edited by nnkkff; 31-03-2013 at 04:54 AM..
nnkkff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #1873
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I was thinking of using CGW to help me ship a laptop from lenovo US. Is this adviceable? how much extra cost would i have to pay?

i read abt the shipping cost frm cgw, insurance cost frm cgw, BuyForMe cost frm cgw, den there is tax by sg customs and dangerous goods surcharge by dhl...? so how exactly does it work? thanks!

package is worth 650 USD and ard 6.61lbs (3kg)

Thanks!

p.s i calculated a value of 850 USD is it correct??
Still have to add 7% GST. Does Lenovo has international warranty if not I don't think it's worth it to get big item, especially electronics.
Old 31-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #1874

Still have to add 7% GST. Does Lenovo has international warranty if not I don't think it's worth it to get big item, especially electronics.
added GST le.. the warranty dnt have nvm ba.
But is CGW better den borderlinx for laptop shipping? as in reliable and safe?

Thanks!
nnkkff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #1875
High Supremacy Member

and power pin you need to bring a converter wherever you go...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.