HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #2056
Great Supremacy Member

i wanted to help my gf ship some nail polish over but seems like US prohibits item like this. what can i do?
dont ship
by right nail polish not supposed to becoz flammable. perfume also.
Old 23-05-2013, 03:35 AM   #2057
Great Supremacy Member

I would like to ship 50g of tabacco from usa to singapore. Is it allowed in customs? Is there any tax? Is it prohibited? I using comgateway
no la
how can be possible? u cant even smoke them here without the logo. its illegal also unless u r those smoke at home n harm yr neighbours lo
i suggest u go check custom site for more information

Borderlinx users take note.

If your US purchase consistently comes in bigger
box then usual, regardless your items is big or small inside the box please post your description here for awareness.

I have had two small items from Amazon which weighs less than 1kg now becomes more than 2.5kg when arrived at my suite. (And yes I know what is volumetric weight.) And it seems every item you bought big or small will be at least 2.5kg when arrived at Borderlinx.

Amazon packing is usually within reasonable estimation depending on what your items are. For example. I bought a small item and the box is only 1/6 the size of a tissue box. But it came with a shipping box which could contain more than a dozen. I bought the same item last year and it came in a much smaller shipping Amazon box.

My past experience with Amazon packaging has been realistic and expected. Now it's getting very suspicious when arrived at Borderlinx. Everything is now minimum 2.5kg. So take note and take care of your wallet.
maybe r same big boxes. amazon many sizes.
once u get yr box, before open, measure first n take pics. then go calculate see accurate or not
Old 23-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #2058
Great Supremacy Member

Hi there

Do drop us an email if you want your items repacked, and we'll see how we can help.

Happy Monday!
whats the different using amex with cgw vs hopshopgo?
amex is auto upgrade to prime? dont have to send 3 shipments beforehand? thanks
Old 23-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #2059

Kate Spade is on sale at Gilt and Nordstrom. heeheeheeheehee.....
I saw on PurseBlog

I think there's a new way for us to get our fix.. other than from their official site
feist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #2060
Great Supremacy Member

Hi Laneige

Using American Express with comGateway is possible, because we accept most major payment methods, including American Express. On the other hand, HopShopGo is an exclusive shopping service provided by Paypal to its customers, and hence will only accept Paypal as payment.

Using American Express on comGateway will not give you an automatic upgrade to Prime.

Hope we've helped!
Buy from U.S. & Ship Internationally to Singapore or Any Country | Borderlessbuys - In Partnership with American Express

this one

Shop Online & Shipping Internationally Singapore, & USA
Cardmember benefits
In addition to opening doors to online stores right across the U.S., borderlessbuys.com.sg offers a range of services to American Express Cardmembers including:

•5 Times Membership Rewards points2 or double KrisFlyer miles2 on all international shipping until 31 March 2014
•Automatic upgrade to Gateway Prime Membership, the highest membership tier offered by comGateway
•Free upgrades to Express Delivery for international shipping
•Discounted rate on insurance coverage

Enjoy fantastic savings on everything from fashion and accessories to cosmetics and health supplements. With the concierge service, BuyForMe, purchases can be made on your behalf regardless of purchase value3. You can also benefit from one of the lowest shipping charges in town.

so err is the automatic upgrade true or false information?
Old 23-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #2061

vPost seems to be having some cock up, my item charges costs me $104.40 SGD, so by right I should be paying $93.96SGD after factoring in the 10% discount for paying via DBS/POSB.

When I proceed to the payment page, they're asking me to pay $95.86SGD instead. I know it's just $1.90SGD but hell, never allow a company to rip you off even more.
CombatKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #2062

vPost seems to be having some cock up, my item charges costs me $104.40 SGD, so by right I should be paying $93.96SGD after factoring in the 10% discount for paying via DBS/POSB.

When I proceed to the payment page, they're asking me to pay $95.86SGD instead. I know it's just $1.90SGD but hell, never allow a company to rip you off even more.
at least you got a discount.. the other time i tried a discount code it didn't work even though it was within valid period and was the norm 10% charge code. Had to use an alternative card before it worked.
playfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #2063
Supremacy Member

Borderlinx users take note.

If your US purchase consistently comes in bigger
box then usual, regardless your items is big or small inside the box please post your description here for awareness.

I have had two small items from Amazon which weighs less than 1kg now becomes more than 2.5kg when arrived at my suite. (And yes I know what is volumetric weight.) And it seems every item you bought big or small will be at least 2.5kg when arrived at Borderlinx.

Amazon packing is usually within reasonable estimation depending on what your items are. For example. I bought a small item and the box is only 1/6 the size of a tissue box. But it came with a shipping box which could contain more than a dozen. I bought the same item last year and it came in a much smaller shipping Amazon box.

My past experience with Amazon packaging has been realistic and expected. Now it's getting very suspicious when arrived at Borderlinx. Everything is now minimum 2.5kg. So take note and take care of your wallet.
are you talking about amazon only or everything to borderlinx?

my active parcels with them now, smallest is 200g....

Anyway, what's the current promotion now? Got $5 off or something right?
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #2064
Supremacy Member

ok, just found this promo code for borderlinx "13741WY", $5 off...
Old 24-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #2065

Anyone knows of any other freight forwarder besides CGW that uses DHL to deliver? I don't have a Citibank card so Borderlinx is out of the question and anything relating to Singpost is my courier nemesis.

I find that CGW has been bumping up my item weight for my alot of my packages.

For eg.
Listed shipping weight on website : < 0.5kg
CGW weight : 0.51235135 kg
Payable Weight : 1kg

It seems CGW always adds a few grams to your package so that it will slightly cross the 0.5kg marker so that you will have to pay extra 3-4USD for your package.
I know CGW will outright deny this quoting that ground shipping is measured differently, but a friend told me he tried shipping two of the same items through DHL, one by hand and one using CGW, CGW measurement of weight was different(more).
AeonOfStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #2066

Hi
We see that you were referring to BorderlessBuys - this is a shopping service provided by American Express to its cardmembers. The information is true.

For more information on the service, please login to your BorderlessBuys account, and reach out to them via Live Chat (located under "Services and Support")
Even Citibank now has offer with Borderlessbuys.com website. they have a few coupons to give you free repacking/express upgrade/$5 off.
Preety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #2067
Master Member

ok, just found this promo code for borderlinx "13741WY", $5 off...
It's sgd$5 off.
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #2068
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys, I just shipped over some stuff from the US to Singapore via CGW. I thought the declaration was in SGD and ended up putting 220, with shipping coming to 70. So total 290USD. Did some math and decided that I won't tio the 7% GST. Also the checkout page says that "there will not be any additional charges due upon delivery" - does this refer to GST?

So I'm safe? Tio GST before...not funny.
derrickgyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #2069
Supremacy Member

Hey guys, I just shipped over some stuff from the US to Singapore via CGW. I thought the declaration was in SGD and ended up putting 220, with shipping coming to 70. So total 290USD. Did some math and decided that I won't tio the 7% GST. Also the checkout page says that "there will not be any additional charges due upon delivery" - does this refer to GST?

So I'm safe? Tio GST before...not funny.
GST limit is SGD$400. That's about USD316.

usually the courier company would charge you on IRAS' behalf one hehe...
Old 24-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #2070
Great Supremacy Member

Anyone knows of any other freight forwarder besides CGW that uses DHL to deliver? I don't have a Citibank card so Borderlinx is out of the question and anything relating to Singpost is my courier nemesis.

I find that CGW has been bumping up my item weight for my alot of my packages.

For eg.
Listed shipping weight on website : < 0.5kg
CGW weight : 0.51235135 kg
Payable Weight : 1kg

It seems CGW always adds a few grams to your package so that it will slightly cross the 0.5kg marker so that you will have to pay extra 3-4USD for your package.
I know CGW will outright deny this quoting that ground shipping is measured differently, but a friend told me he tried shipping two of the same items through DHL, one by hand and one using CGW, CGW measurement of weight was different(more).
thats what i noticed too u just reminded me
if not wwrong borderlinx will use the fixed measurement for dimensions. CGW might round up that measurement. after that means quite a different.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.