HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #2116
Supremacy Member

hehe next time switch your decisions around and perfect!
rAcEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #2117
Arch-Supremacy Member

9% for fuel surcharge in june and 0.65% for insurance.

i realised hsg and cgw have different shipping prices even though its the same company...
cgw is slightly cheaper (3.3 vs 3.4/0.5kg for express shipping or 2.7 vs 2.85/0.5kg for standard)...kinda negates the 10% off for hsg.

also, my experience with live quote completely depends on your luck.

they quoted 1kg for some pc parts i ordered from amazon, turned out to be 3.5kg. didn't buy the guarantee cause i thought the keyboard wouldn't be packed into a large box, turns out i was wrong. after repacking, its now 1.5kg. had to pay 0.5kg more and the US$7 repacking fee . the item became very expensive all of a sudden

they quoted 4kg for some shoes i ordered from amazon too, which i expected to turn up in a super huge and oversized box. turns out the shoes were only 2.5kg...and guess what, i bought shipping guarantee for that

talk about suay.
THks, lol to your luck..
Sts i wonder if the fwders purposely sarbo us.
By taking those repacked unwanted amz boxes, and packed our small items inside to blow up shipping revenues?..buy amz/woot until scared bytheir pkg sizes.

But now with amz FS to sg, can hoot safely, though with limited items.
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #2118

not sure if this has been shared, but hsg's latest 10% promocode: PPMIDYEAR
amigoeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #2119
High Supremacy Member

not sure if this has been shared, but hsg's latest 10% promocode: PPMIDYEAR
that promo code is for free live quote...not 10% off
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #2120
Banned

hi bros,

now use CGw better???

tks
derazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #2121

hi bros,

now use CGw better???

tks
Hmm.. Depends on your preference lor. If you got citibank, go for borderlinx. No citibank card, use cgw. Vpost? Dont even bother.
addicted-addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #2122

Hmm.. Depends on your preference lor. If you got citibank, go for borderlinx. No citibank card, use cgw. Vpost? Dont even bother.
If you don't think there'll be anything wrong with your order, use borderlinx.. if you think you may need help.. maybe cgw..

repack with borderlinx: they repacked my glass item without any protection and it broke, then they told me they can only claim up to $12 (or smth similar)... because citi insurance only covers payment via citi cards... and because i used their concierge (who dont use citi cards), my item is not covered by insurance. (so i pay the concierge with citi card is not counted)

i escalated the matter to citi, and got the matter solved over a few weeks... but not without a snarky reply from them. i have of proof ALL the communications. if you need it, pls ask me.

used borderlinx ever since 2010. but i will never use borderlinx again. unless my purchase is also paid for (i.e., no monetary investments on my end).

vpost... well.. i like being able to ask DHL/FedEx to deliver to my house at exactly what time.. vpost apparently must go office and collect. so havent try

cgw is more of.. nothing has gone wrong for me yet.
feist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #2123
Supremacy Member

hi bros,

now use CGw better???

tks
i haven't used Borderlinx in ages ... but dun think i in a hurry to use them again

vPost, can forget liao ... takes ages ... worst thing is delivery in SG ! tracking if any is slow ... and you dun have the option of those courier service companies or arranging what time u want items delivered (Speedpost/SingPost)

iParcel ... this one mentioned bcos Amazon direct shipping to SG (if your items eligible, most likely will be the courier used by Amazon cos cheapest)
upon arrival in SG ... will usually be handed over to Speedpost (SingPost) for local delivery ... same headache as vPost

CGW ... never looked back since i started using them earlier this year
have shipped more items and packages back with them, than all the previous years by vpost, Borderlinx combined lol
i dun really judge them by their shipping $ ... more for their efficiency.
I opt for express shipping (for the few bucks more) cos faster ... sometimes receive items within 4 days of shipping from US.
also paying for package insurance is compulsory (a fraction of total cost) ... worth it
i recently lost an item and was able to claim 100% of the item's cost (US domestic shipping charge if any is not covered) ... and furthermore can cham siong ... when i got replacement for that item, i asked if they could waive the express shipping for that item alone back to SG ... they readily obliged.
also some merchants in US never write my CGW customer code properly ... if vPost, most likely i will have to request a trace ... but CGW has come thru most times without alerting me ... they just send email to ask me to confirm if indeed mine ...

bottomline, it's up to each individual and which one u comfortable with ...

cheers

disclaimer : i not CGW's employee or associate in any way

Jas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #2124
Supremacy Member

the chosen courier also plays an important part ...

again, i'm not promoting an company nor dissing them
just sharing what i know (i think lol)

CGW ... usually use DHL (i've yet to receive packages via Fedex) ...
so far the best courier

DHL vs UPS :
- DHL online tracking is better than say UPS, more detailed ... and offers more flexibility in terms of notifications
- DHL Hotline CSO is also "friendlier", and efficient
- i staying in the west : DHL can deliver to me in the morning if i see that my package is already with courier (out on the road already) ... UPS (no can do ... before noon is reserved for priority customer and companies ... wtf sia lol ... was told this when i called to request a package sent by Amazon under Express UPS Shipping !!! dunno why no qualify lol) ...
DHL can ask where delivery man is ... got chance to plan if i should stay home wait or go out ... usually the time quoted for delivery is within 2 hours vs UPS 3 eg UPS will deliver between 7-10 pm, 1-4 pm, etc vs DHL 6-8pm, 1-3pm ...
- UPS ... i told them to instruct delivery man no need waste time to come by my place since no one's gonna be home (Sat) ... they work until 6pm ... i rescheduled delivery for another day ... delivery man no get update and hours later (since i called in) arrived at my doorstep lol ... luckily i was delayed so able to collect package lol

but again, sometimes depends ... if you got rapport with delivery man ... may work to your advantage
UPS delivery man once called me up and asked if ok for him to leave small package in between gate and door (outta arm's reach of cos, cos i was out) ...
i agreed cos win-win situation ... all i needed was to send an an sms of approval to him

cheers

Last edited by Jas007; 18-06-2013 at 10:34 PM..
Jas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #2125

the chosen courier also plays an important part ...

but again, sometimes depends ... if you got rapport with delivery man ... may work to your advantage
UPS delivery man once called me up and asked if ok for him to leave small package in between gate and door (outta arm's reach of cos, cos i was out) ...
i agreed cos win-win situation ... all i needed was to send an an sms of approval to him

cheers
thats so cool! that time i shopped frm shopbop and they used UPS - the item dawdled in Shenzhen for 3 days (maybe they go and copy my bag), then in SG for like 4+ days before delivering to my house.

then while typing an email to scold them the item arrived lol
Old 20-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #2126

hey peeps,

I am trying out cgw for the first time, but the welcome pack promocode for 10% off doesnt seem to work.

and does it mean, 10% can stack with the dbs card promo too?

thanks!
shinobiIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #2127

Express Upgrade via CGW - EXPRESS1
edmwfan likes this.
Old 24-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #2128

Exclamation Comgateway registration problem?

Hey anyone knows what's with Comgateway registration module?

I tried registering but there seems to be a problem as their system is not responding. Any idea how to get round it? Don't seem to be able to find any email address for enquiries too.
WendyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #2129

Been using borderlinx. The shipping cost is a bit high and there was no promo code recently. However, was surprised by DHL Sunday delivery even though the package arrived in Singapore on Saturday late evening and cleared custom on Sunday morning. Great job but expensive.
JTMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #2130

Hi,

May I know how does CGW calculate their volumetric weight? It is very clearly stated in borderlinux, but for CGW they only show the first 0.5kg and the additional 0.5kg charges.

Also, are odd-shaped items usually resulting in higher charges after volumetric weight is calculated? Are fragile items also higher in volumetric charges than non-fragile items?

Thanks!
WadsUpDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.