HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #2161

Hey!

Please help me to make a choice here. I've no idea of which shipping service to use. Vpost, borderlinx or comgateway?? Do share w me your experience if you have used them! THANKS!
borderlinx have 20% shipping off till 20 july. need to enter promo code
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #2162
Arch-Supremacy Member

oh i see/

Any idea when cgw will ship out my items, i kinda need it urgently
Upon paying, it should ship out by that business day as well I think. My experience is that if you release by Wed, Sunday it should reach.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #2163
Supremacy Member

Shipped! Yesterday
Thanks. I got ur pm.
Nif1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #2164

20% off using 4JUL20. B4 20 July
I'm new to the site. Does it apply to Citibank CC holders only?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #2165
Supremacy Member

Upon paying, it should ship out by that business day as well I think. My experience is that if you release by Wed, Sunday it should reach.
Hoping i can receive my stuff by friday/sat!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Location Time
6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:17
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:48
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:47

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 Location Time
3 Departed Facility in PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:28
2 Processed at PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:27
1 Shipment picked up PORTLAND, OR - USA 14:17
Nif1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #2166

any discount code for hopshopgo? I missed the free express upgrade by 2 days
amigoeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #2167
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hoping i can receive my stuff by friday/sat!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Location Time
6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:17
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:48
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:47

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 Location Time
3 Departed Facility in PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:28
2 Processed at PORTLAND - USA PORTLAND, OR - USA 18:27
1 Shipment picked up PORTLAND, OR - USA 14:17
no problem one leg. Mine shipped out on Wednesday. Reached hk this morning alr. I expect delivery tmr if clears sg customs by today.
xtwis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #2168

Anyone know if we can ship laptop battery through comgateway ?
smsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #2169

Anyone know if we can ship laptop battery through comgateway ?
no. you can't ship batteries alone.

It's a US regulation, nothing to do with cgw, vpost, etc.
Old 15-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #2170

no. you can't ship batteries alone.

It's a US regulation, nothing to do with cgw, vpost, etc.
Thank you ..
smsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #2171

Just had a bad experience with vPOST with my items arrived damaged. Damage claim was rejected on the ground of "insufficient packaging". The explanation provided was quite an eye-opener so I would like to share it. Something to take note if you are considering to ship something small/light/fragile using vPOST.

vPOST does not sort the items during shipment: small/light items will be shipped together with heavy/bulky items. The CSO told me there was no vPOST staff in the US airport to do the sorting. In contrast, normal/registered/EMS mails are sorted (small items are shipped together and separated from heavy/bulky items).

I also asked whether the outcome will be different if I bought insurance prior to shipping. The answer is NO.

Ultimately, the advice is to pack your items using lots of bubble wrap and the external packaging have to be a box/cardboard material to be considered as "sufficient packaging" when you use vPOST. If you ship something with an envelope, unless there are signs that the envelope has been ripped off, vPOST will reject your claim. (One of my cardboard envelope is bent into 2 right in the middle. The others were grossly crumpled on all corners and some parts were torn. But no sign that they had been ripped off so vPOST is not going to be responsible).

It's my first time being told that shipping a book in a bubble-wrap padded envelope or a cardboard-material envelope is considered not good enough. I never have an issue with such packaging when I use normal/registered/EMS from different countries, bookdepository, amazon, etc previously.
liburan_natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #2172

Just had a bad experience with vPOST with my items arrived damaged. Damage claim was rejected on the ground of "insufficient packaging". The explanation provided was quite an eye-opener so I would like to share it. Something to take note if you are considering to ship something small/light/fragile using vPOST.

vPOST does not sort the items during shipment: small/light items will be shipped together with heavy/bulky items. The CSO told me there was no vPOST staff in the US airport to do the sorting. In contrast, normal/registered/EMS mails are sorted (small items are shipped together and separated from heavy/bulky items).

I also asked whether the outcome will be different if I bought insurance prior to shipping. The answer is NO.

Ultimately, the advice is to pack your items using lots of bubble wrap and the external packaging have to be a box/cardboard material to be considered as "sufficient packaging" when you use vPOST. If you ship something with an envelope, unless there are signs that the envelope has been ripped off, vPOST will reject your claim. (One of my cardboard envelope is bent into 2 right in the middle. The others were grossly crumpled on all corners and some parts were torn. But no sign that they had been ripped off so vPOST is not going to be responsible).

It's my first time being told that shipping a book in a bubble-wrap padded envelope or a cardboard-material envelope is considered not good enough. I never have an issue with such packaging when I use normal/registered/EMS from different countries, bookdepository, amazon, etc previously.
erh.. so using vpost is actually worse than singpost?
Old 17-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #2173

Yo bro
Last time I shipped via Borderlinx then Borderlinx enganged DHL
DHL also give me the same crap when the freaking box is wet then give lots of excuses blah blah blah. Not sufficient packaging.
Send email never reply after a while. My books is still there.
I ask for compensation. Borderlinx ask DHL
This crappy thing lasted a year as I almost give up hope. Then I ask again. Borderlinx give me some compensation. Then I close the case.

Bottomline DHL sucks
FYI my books still with DHL maybe the staff take home liao.
cloudcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #2174
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can't expect BIG organizations with half a brain to do sorting properly before shipping it out..
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #2175

Yo bro
Last time I shipped via Borderlinx then Borderlinx enganged DHL
DHL also give me the same crap when the freaking box is wet then give lots of excuses blah blah blah. Not sufficient packaging.
Send email never reply after a while. My books is still there.
I ask for compensation. Borderlinx ask DHL
This crappy thing lasted a year as I almost give up hope. Then I ask again. Borderlinx give me some compensation. Then I close the case.

Bottomline DHL sucks
FYI my books still with DHL maybe the staff take home liao.
you can threaten borderlinx using citibank (who are bound to help you because you're v important to them).

i did that and got my money back very quickly. 1 day from telling citibank, borderlinx quickly said they would give me all my money back (but i also got chided by the borderlinx cs staff for insinuating they would only bow to power).

before that, i complained for like 2 weeks (i think). borderlinx is horrible.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.