HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #2206

The only reason I used Vpost was because they had $20 off but the measurement didnt seem to be right, so I had a less than 1kg package weighted at 1.5 kgs = $27. I paid 7 for the shipment, then kthxbye lol.

I'm glad Amazon provides free shipping for order over US$125 to Singapore, but too bad a lot of things I need is not eligible.
What card did u use or promotion and got the $20 off. Let me know thanks
kinfonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #2207

Smile

The same thing happened to me now except it is with CGW CitiGlobeshopper. I just came across this thread and going back a bit and found the above which is very similar to my situation now.

My package is 0.64kg and shows up as 7x7x7 inch in Fedex. It is a very light and flat item. Using comgateway calculation, it should be 1.2 kg volumetric weight, but the package status is in CGW shows up a 2.28kg volumetric weight? And round up to 2.5kg, exactly as stated above. (I tried 8x8x8 inch and it still comes out as 1.7kg, I wonder how they got 2.28kg. Do they round up the inches so much??)

How do we go on disputing this with CGW? I already email them but I now felt that I will get the standard reply.

Should I re-dispute with them when I receive my parcel? I don't mind paying for 2.5kg if the parcel is really bigger, but Fedex measurement shows that the size is really not that big. 1kg extra is approx usd6.8(?) if use express. Not a big number but I don't like being taken for a ride or a fool. My earlier shipment was like 1.3kg + 2.1kg, but I was still being charged 1.5kg + 2.5kg = 4kg (instead of 3.4kg or 3.5kg). Certain borderline practises, based on practical reasons, I can give allowance for, but this parcel overcalculation to to me is a bit excessive.

I seriously hope this is not an unethical practice by CGW. I really like the earlier services from them and had fast items shipped before this.
one should not fully rely on Fedex's measurement for reference. I have, in certain cases, found Fedex's measurement to be completely off.
Comgateway responded with an actual picture of the package and the measurements today. Pic apparently taken when it reached them. Damn impressed. I wasn't expecting that. Basically, I underestimated the way it was packaged by Amazon. It's overkill but it does look packaged neatly.

This could be useful if anyone want to check their package size with them. You can ask CGW politely for verification and request a photo if they do not provide one.

now. Good customer service from CGW.

ps. On the other hand, Fedex measurement totally off.
zabuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #2208
Arch-Supremacy Member

What card did u use or promotion and got the $20 off. Let me know thanks
Go to "vPost" site

Click on "promotions" tab

Read "T&C" for respective card
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #2209
Supremacy Member

Hi. Which service offer non PO Box delivery? Vpost or CGW?
wiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #2210
jf

Hi. Which service offer non PO Box delivery? Vpost or CGW?
that would be me. What are you trying to buy?

Over a decade of professional, battle-tested Linux consulting and services
jf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #2211

1st time using vpost.
Amazon sent 3 packages to vpost USA but the vpost site only show 1 package?
The tracking number of that package belongs to the last package that amazon sent.
The first 2 were tracked as delivered earlier.
Does that mean vpost consolidated the 3 packages into 1 for declaration, payment and shipment?

Thanks to advise

Last edited by elimmel; 01-08-2013 at 11:34 AM..
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #2212

1st time using vpost.
Amazon sent 3 packages to vpost USA but the vpost site only show 1 package?
The tracking number of that package belongs to the last package that amazon sent.
The first 2 were tracked as delivered earlier.
Does that mean vpost consolidated the 3 packages into 1 for declaration, payment and shipment?

Thanks to advise
no it certainly does not. you better contact vpost asap.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #2213

I have paid for shipment to comgateway but two working day already and n have yet to receive my airway bill number.

Sent comgateway three email also no reply.
Feel like being scammed.
oriserzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #2214
Master Member

Hi may I know why am i being charged Taxes & Duties $ 23.41 for my shipment even though total decalred value is 268.1 USD? Comgateway user here.

What exchange rates are you guys using?
littlegrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #2215

pls learn from metzalx who is using common sense to identify that the live quote may cost him more, and making the cognitive Decision to not use it. You can do it too.

If you want the item repacked specifically you can give explicit instructions (like you want it folded in half, etc). I emailed them before regarding a canvas tote and they did do it.

Also I got the same issue before - the different carriers got different way of measuring. My FedEx label once said 4 lbs when the actual item was 1kg (I bought necklaces from jcrew. It came in a small pizza box).

In the end i started measuring every pkg. quite a few shipments so far. So far so good. No discrepancies
U mean live quote wat? Explain?
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #2216

Hi may I know why am i being charged Taxes & Duties $ 23.41 for my shipment even though total decalred value is 268.1 USD? Comgateway user here.

What exchange rates are you guys using?
Fyi, Gst include shipping costs.
zabuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #2217

Hey guys, just wanna check roughly how much does it cost to ship a pair of shoe over from the US using comgateway? TIA!
yeswecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #2218
Master Member

Hey guys, just wanna check roughly how much does it cost to ship a pair of shoe over from the US using comgateway? TIA!
if ur shoes available in amazon.com
then try to accumulate above USD125 to get free shipping ba
Ralphel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #2219

if ur shoes available in amazon.com
then try to accumulate above USD125 to get free shipping ba
Yup I got it from amazon but unfortunately they don't provide shipping to SG...
yeswecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #2220

U mean live quote wat? Explain?
I mean if live quote looks like a more expensive option to you, then don't use.
I don't remember them saying that it was meant to be a cheaper solution to shipping.

If you use the service (or any service at all) with the key intention of gaming the system, then .. I dunno how to help you
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.