HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #2281

hi,

your "Personal Shopper" rate is 20% fee. that means the discount i saved from buying the item all gone to you.

borderlinx's concierge service is free.
vpost concierge service is 5% fee.
that's quite extortionate...
anw can i ask why the address appears to be a house?

Last edited by feist_; 29-08-2013 at 08:49 PM..
feist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #2282

that's quite extortionate...
anw can i ask why the address appears to be a house?
I think so that they appear to be a private buyer.

Most well known 3rd party forwarder's addresses are being blocked by US merchants like lego.com, US toys R US.
Old 30-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #2283

any 1 know how to do shipping from US to singapore? am a noob here and need some teaching.

i wanna buy some clothes from US nautica Polo Shirts, Rugby Shirts and Golf Shirts for Men by Nautica

any ideas how to ship back to sg? thanks in advance,,
Vongola10th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #2284
Master Member

Does anyone know how the tax for CGW work? Im trying to ship a scooba 530 with 9kg chargable weight. Value of item is $279 usd
CGW charging me 90+usd total $25 on tax alone.
bibu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #2285
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does anyone know how the tax for CGW work? Im trying to ship a scooba 530 with 9kg chargable weight. Value of item is $279 usd
CGW charging me 90+usd total $25 on tax alone.
Roomba or scooba?

Anyhow, GST is charged on cost of item plus shipping to Singapore, if the total exceeds SGD400.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #2286

Is it possible to arrange specific delivery time with comgateway?
If yes, how do I go about doing it?
liburan_natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #2287

liburan_natal,

I've shipped many items using CGW, they use DHL as their main courier to SG I believe. If you need to arrange for a specific time, give DHL a call and arrange it with them, citing your airway bill number (i.e. tracking no.) and the date / time you want. I've done this twice in the past, DHL appears to be very accommodating; I even managed to squeeze a delivery in at ~9pm.
lippylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #2288
Master Member

Is it possible to under declare like $30 to siam gst?
Old 31-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #2289

Is it possible to under declare like $30 to siam gst?
Custom is not stupid also, you can try , when they get confiscated don't ask why
Old 31-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #2290
Master Member

ok. Think go legal way play safe better...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #2291
Great Supremacy Member

Bumps bumps. So out of the 3, which is the best? I fun have citibank card so..
Mr Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #2292

Bumps bumps. So out of the 3, which is the best? I fun have citibank card so..
My personal experience, vPOST is the worst.
i've tried vPOST 3 times. tried to give chance and tried for a 3rd time but they still CMI. their system is the most user unfriendly. they are slow in support enquiries, slow in verification of parcel and slow in delivery.

Tried 3 times Borderlinx (2 times using the concierge service). Concierge service is free. Positive experience. Delivery time is okay. They can even arrange delivery during after working hours.

Tried CGW once. Smooth experience based on that 1 time.
bigpelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #2293
DW

Hi CGW

I got the free live quote guarantee for a new user.

I'm planning to purchase 2 items from US.

Will this free live quote only apply to just 1 item or both items?
DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #2294

My personal experience, vPOST is the worst.
i've tried vPOST 3 times. tried to give chance and tried for a 3rd time but they still CMI. their system is the most user unfriendly. they are slow in support enquiries, slow in verification of parcel and slow in delivery.
Not to mention that it is a nightmare if your item is lost or damaged. They will shirk responsibilities and you will be fed up speaking/writing to their incompetent customer care officers. Avoid vPOST if you can!
liburan_natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #2295

Not to mention that it is a nightmare if your item is lost or damaged. They will shirk responsibilities and you will be fed up speaking/writing to their incompetent customer care officers. Avoid vPOST if you can!
By all mean, if possible avoid using VPost/SingPost. Personally, i got very bad experience with them. Local to local registered mail and it took 3 weeks for me to receive the parcel. Called them, emailed them and wrote to them at the website feedback form all no reply. Via phone they just keep pushing to one and another and even the so-called CS manager also push it away and say item is at their base office. (Internet tracking also showing item at: Base office).
After calling them almost everyday and bugging them for the item. The registered item finally received 3 weeks later. And I need to personally picked it from their Post office centre. Made an official complained to the manger when picking up the item and want them to assure me I will get a reply from them. Few days later a manger called and apologized. As it was beyond a reasonable timeframe to receive registered item for 3 weeks and I wanted them to refund me the registered mail cost. She insisted say it was not possible and finally after much unpleasant talking over 3-4 phone conversations. She finally relented to send a booklet of 10 pieces of local stamp as a compensation. Wasted so much of my time calling and writing email and talking to them. (Anyhow, it was me suggested her to give compensation in term of voucher or other stuff). They are totally inflexible and irresponsible.

Registered item in SG to SG and it took 3 weeks to receive it. For international item I dare not place my bet on them. They are expensive, irresponsible and delivery is slow. If item is lost, good luck to you!

Just sharing my truth encounter with everyone
h2charn is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.