HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #2296
Arch-Supremacy Member

Who did you call?

There's no customer service officers in Singpost afaik.
IntelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #2297

I've always used vpost for many years, many transactions.. and even combine package on hold...

I've had no problems at all.. everything was accounted for, well tracked.. and i always collect from the post office by myself.

I don't know why others are having so much problems with the vpost service. If it helps, mine were all apparel items..
Evielicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #2298

I've always used vpost for many years, many transactions.. and even combine package on hold...

I've had no problems at all.. everything was accounted for, well tracked.. and i always collect from the post office by myself.

I don't know why others are having so much problems with the vpost service. If it helps, mine were all apparel items..
Consider yourself very lucky. I shipped ~10x with vPOST and I always prefer to collect items from post office directly. I find external packaging always shows signs of poor handling: dirty, black marks, envelopes torn, boxes crushed, etc. No damage except for my last shipment which finally made me decide to try comGateway instead. Despite the evidence of poor handling (my envelope was folded and torn at all corners and had black dirt all over), vPOST refused to take responsibility of the damage. The reason was: the packaging was not good enough to withstand their poor handling (in their words was: to withstand the way they handle and process items).

Not to mention that various CSO only repeated the same unhelpful reply to my emails. When I asked what vPOST deems as satisfactory/good packaging, the answer given to me was: "Let us not discuss about the details". Sigh..

Who did you call?

Most of the time I communicate via email so that I have a written proof of their reply. If still unsuccessful after a week via email, then I will call the number listed on their website.

As it was beyond a reasonable timeframe to receive registered item for 3 weeks and I wanted them to refund me the registered mail cost. She insisted say it was not possible and finally after much unpleasant talking over 3-4 phone conversations. She finally relented to send a booklet of 10 pieces of local stamp as a compensation. Wasted so much of my time calling and writing email and talking to them. (Anyhow, it was me suggested her to give compensation in term of voucher or other stuff). They are totally inflexible and irresponsible.
Similar experience here with my damaged vPOST shipment. Out of goodwill, vPOST agreed to just refund the shipping fee plus discount for future shipment (as if I am going to trust them anymore). I waited for a month and the promised refund cheque never came. Spent another week to chase after their promise and after some lame excuse, the cheque came within 2 days. Perhaps they were hoping that I would just forget about the cheque.

Anyway, just to share my first experience with comGateway (which ships by DHL). Chargable weight: 4.5kg. Total shipping charge: ~USD50 (including mandatory insurance at 0.65% of declared value+shipping fee). I chose express shipping. Item was shipped on Tuesday (US time). Expected arrival and delivery is the coming Monday 9 Sept.

Item arrived on Friday midnight Singapore time and delivery attempted at 1030am. Did not expect it to arrive today so I was not at home. Called them after work (at 730pm) to arrange delivery time and phone conversation was superb: no automated messages asking to hold, the guy immediately offered me delivery on Saturday or Sunday, then waited 1 minute while he confirmed with his warehouse, and that's it!

And surprise... the delivery guy came again for another delivery attempt at 930pm so I got the item today! Very very happy.

If I use vPOST, the shipping fee will be ~SGD50 (excluding insurance of SGD18 or 3% of declared value+shipping fee whichever is higher). If you include the insurance, the difference between vPOST and comGateway becomes minimal. I prefer paying more (comGateway+DHL) for faster shipping, better item tracking and possibility to arrange delivery time, even on weekends.

No experience with comGateway+DHL in the event that the item arrived damaged though.

Last edited by liburan_natal; 07-09-2013 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: additional comments
liburan_natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #2299

how to buy abercrombie product from USA site?
CGW and sing post are not able to buy for me.

Last edited by revolta; 07-09-2013 at 01:36 PM..
revolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #2300
Supremacy Member

Citibank debit card

Does borderlinx accept Citibank debit cards?
Teakopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #2301

I realized smth quite important when i was comparing borderlinx with comgateway. please correct if u have more accurate information. Currently i use more on comgateway than bonderlinx and hope other ppl can contribute more specially the shipping charges.

borderlinx
pros
-free repack
-citibank offer free concierge
-UK & US address

cons
-sales tax state

comgateway
pros
-tax free u.s address
-citibank offer 1st time welcome package (Free quote, 3x Repack, 2x Express upgrade & $5 discount)
-dbs free express upgrade
-dbs 1st time $10 discount shipping rate
-5% shipping rate
-multiple discount code usage (To be confirm)

cons
-no free concierge
-no free repack
-only US

Last edited by winterrealm; 10-09-2013 at 11:10 PM..
winterrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #2302

oops.. too many places to reply, so i reply in the quotey bit! hope you dont mind

I realized smth quite important when i was comparing borderlinx with comgateway. please correct if u have more accurate information. Currently i use more on comgateway than bonderlinx and hope other ppl can contribute more specially the shipping charges.
unlike cgw, blinx like got no rates table; but so far i seem to be paying less via cgw. possibly due to the exchange rate (blinx charge in sgd).

borderlinx
pros
-free repack - they break your things then you know. at least cgw tells me when i wanna repack smth fragile. blinx anyhow pack and break your things.. then dont wanna return you money (or at least take 2months to. when you're a student with a $500 card... this is not good).
-citibank offer free concierge
stupid concierge cannot shop all the good stores lor.. i tried ruelala, armani exchange, bloomingdales, all cannot. in fact, this was why i made the switch to cgw.
-UK & US address

cons
-sales tax state
-add in their bad CS.. outsourced to goodness knows where. talk to them can vomit blood. at least the CGW one speaks decent english

comgateway
pros
-tax free u.s address
-citibank offer 1st time welcome package (Free quote, 3x Repack, 2x Express upgrade & $5 discount)
-dbs free express upgrade
-dbs 1st time $10 discount shipping rate
-5% shipping rate
-multiple discount code usage (To be confirm)
not always stackable?

cons
-no free concierge
-no free repack
-only US

no issues with cgw so far
Old 12-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #2303

Who did you call?

I made complain to the manager in-charge when picking up the register item at post office. And make sure someone from higher position to call me and gave me an explanation.
h2charn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #2304

U are lucky and hope you will never experience such bad encounter which i had before.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #2305

Consider yourself very lucky. I shipped ~10x with vPOST and I always prefer to collect items from post office directly. I find external packaging always shows signs of poor handling: dirty, black marks, envelopes torn, boxes crushed, etc. No damage except for my last shipment which finally made me decide to try comGateway instead. Despite the evidence of poor handling (my envelope was folded and torn at all corners and had black dirt all over), vPOST refused to take responsibility of the damage. The reason was: the packaging was not good enough to withstand their poor handling (in their words was: to withstand the way they handle and process items).

Not to mention that various CSO only repeated the same unhelpful reply to my emails. When I asked what vPOST deems as satisfactory/good packaging, the answer given to me was: "Let us not discuss about the details". Sigh..

Most of the time I communicate via email so that I have a written proof of their reply. If still unsuccessful after a week via email, then I will call the number listed on their website.

Similar experience here with my damaged vPOST shipment. Out of goodwill, vPOST agreed to just refund the shipping fee plus discount for future shipment (as if I am going to trust them anymore). I waited for a month and the promised refund cheque never came. Spent another week to chase after their promise and after some lame excuse, the cheque came within 2 days. Perhaps they were hoping that I would just forget about the cheque.

Anyway, just to share my first experience with comGateway (which ships by DHL). Chargable weight: 4.5kg. Total shipping charge: ~USD50 (including mandatory insurance at 0.65% of declared value+shipping fee). I chose express shipping. Item was shipped on Tuesday (US time). Expected arrival and delivery is the coming Monday 9 Sept.

Item arrived on Friday midnight Singapore time and delivery attempted at 1030am. Did not expect it to arrive today so I was not at home. Called them after work (at 730pm) to arrange delivery time and phone conversation was superb: no automated messages asking to hold, the guy immediately offered me delivery on Saturday or Sunday, then waited 1 minute while he confirmed with his warehouse, and that's it!

And surprise... the delivery guy came again for another delivery attempt at 930pm so I got the item today! Very very happy.

If I use vPOST, the shipping fee will be ~SGD50 (excluding insurance of SGD18 or 3% of declared value+shipping fee whichever is higher). If you include the insurance, the difference between vPOST and comGateway becomes minimal. I prefer paying more (comGateway+DHL) for faster shipping, better item tracking and possibility to arrange delivery time, even on weekends.

No experience with comGateway+DHL in the event that the item arrived damaged though.

I like hopshopgo or comgateway. Used both before and so fast delivery time is fast and reliable.
Sorry to say Vpost service is suck and not very cheap too.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #2306

anyone got valid discount code for hopshopgo? TIA!
sakuragi_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #2307

vpost offering 25% discount till end of the month for posb card holders.
qsgsgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #2308
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone knows how to deactivate a cgw account?
Old 12-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #2309
Supremacy Member

vpost offering 25% discount till end of the month for posb card holders.
... I wouldn't use Vpost, even if they gave a 100% discount.

Actually, I wouldn't use Vpost even if they *paid* me to.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #2310

I had issues with their delivery and also a misplaced package which they fixed so i'll go with them again cos it's such a huge discount. What happened to CGW posb card discount?
qsgsgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.