HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #2356

cheapest vpost with their discount. recommended will be comgateway.
Thanks qsgsgs.
Will check it out.
jintonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #2357

For CGW, how to get live quote for mixture of items in the same parcel? Like 3 x A + 4 x B etc. The Live Quote website only have entry for one type of product/item leh.
GaaraOfTheSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #2358
High Supremacy Member

For CGW, how to get live quote for mixture of items in the same parcel? Like 3 x A + 4 x B etc. The Live Quote website only have entry for one type of product/item leh.
see under additional item lor.
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #2359

see under additional item lor.
Where to add additional item ah? I only see the following at CGW live quote page:

Enter URL of Product:
Quantity:
Shipping to:
Submit button

How to get one single live quote for a mixture of different products in the same parcel?
GaaraOfTheSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #2360
High Supremacy Member

Where to add additional item ah? I only see the following at CGW live quote page:

Enter URL of Product:
Quantity:
Shipping to:
Submit button

How to get one single live quote for a mixture of different products in the same parcel?
when u press submit, there will be two costs quoted to you for tt item.

one cost as a single item (you only shipping that item), one as additional item (u alr shipping one item, this item will cost u $x more)
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #2361
Supremacy Member

when u press submit, there will be two costs quoted to you for tt item.

one cost as a single item (you only shipping that item), one as additional item (u alr shipping one item, this item will cost u $x more)
the person is asking how to get live quotes for multiple items from the same merchant
eg u shop at Monoprice ...
u want to buy HDMI cable, VGA cable, HDMI Splitter ...

live quote only works for each item individually ...
the person is asking if possible to get ONE live quote, for all the 3 items in the example above ...

the answer is NO ... afaik

Jas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #2362
Supremacy Member

Enter URL of Product:
Quantity:
Shipping to:
Submit button

this term "same parcel" is wrongly used ...
no wonder the reply was off ...
bcos it was misunderstood as getting a quote for consolidated shipping ....

afaik ... u can't ... get single quote for multiple items from same merchant
bcos there's no way that CGW can ensure your items :
1) will be packed in a single box, and size and dimension of box cannot be ascertain or estimated ... eg Amazon ... loves to use big box
2) your items will all be shipped together ... sometimes, the merchant has different warehouses ... and as such they might send items in more than 1 package

Jas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #2363

Dear Uclick2buy,

What's your policy on shipping gold and silver?

I'm referring to

- bullion (coins with face value e.g American Silver Eagles, ingots and bars)
- rounds and medallions (no indicated value just like token)
- jewellery

Assuming it's under $400 will there be gst or any other charges?
goldnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #2364
Master Member

My shipping experience with uclick2buy.com was quite disastrous. Most likely that will be the last time i'm going to use their service.

Last edited by NCMK; 07-10-2013 at 02:44 PM..
NCMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #2365

People, please don't use vPost.

This is the tracking for one of my item:

Date Time Status
04/09/2013 10:37:38 PM Package Paid
06/09/2013 01:10:21 AM Package sent out from U.S.A/Japan/EUROPE
09/09/2013 06:44:53 PM *Estimated arrival in S`pore Airport Processing Ctr (11/09/2013)
11/09/2013 06:20:11 PM Arrival in S`pore
11/09/2013 06:22:13 PM Depart from S`pore Airport Processing Ctr

I have another 3 packages stuck at the same status since 19/9. The delivery time within Singapore is taking longer than shipment from USA.

Customer service email reply to this yesterday was "We have raised a request to the concern department to check on the status of the item. We request you to kindly wait for an update." Basically after waiting for 2 weeks, they are asking me to continuing waiting.

No concrete course of action taken, no approx waiting time. The items of the packages cost a few hundred dollars. I don't know if they will refund the declared value if the packages are lost. More importantly I can't reorder the item but can only wait for it to hopefully arrive someday.
An update to the situation. vPost replied a few days back saying that they couldn't find the package. They will be compensating the value of the item and the shipping charges.

The compensation is only up to $200, luckily mine was just over $100. If you are buying expensive items you may want to take note. They were also unclear about the shipping charges refund. As I had a $30 credit card discount the shipping was $10+, but I think they should refund the full original price since I could have used the discount on my 2nd shipment. In any case, it will be unfair to receive a refund less than the total reshipping cost of the item as I need to pay the base charge again, not considering the amount of time I have spent waiting.

I asked for clarifications and its another few days wait again for their reply.

Also, the 3 other packages have arrived, but the tracking status was not updated. It is no surprise that Singpost takes so much time to locate packages, as their tracking system is not up to par compared to DHL (comgateway) which updates the status electronically once you receive packages. Packages can easily go missing or stolen without any trace with Singpost.
rife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #2366

An update to the situation. vPost replied a few days back saying that they couldn't find the package. They will be compensating the value of the item and the shipping charges.

The compensation is only up to $200, luckily mine was just over $100. If you are buying expensive items you may want to take note. They were also unclear about the shipping charges refund. As I had a $30 credit card discount the shipping was $10+, but I think they should refund the full original price since I could have used the discount on my 2nd shipment. In any case, it will be unfair to receive a refund less than the total reshipping cost of the item as I need to pay the base charge again, not considering the amount of time I have spent waiting.

I asked for clarifications and its another few days wait again for their reply.

Also, the 3 other packages have arrived, but the tracking status was not updated. It is no surprise that Singpost takes so much time to locate packages, as their tracking system is not up to par compared to DHL (comgateway) which updates the status electronically once you receive packages. Packages can easily go missing or stolen without any trace with Singpost.
Don't forget to chase after them for the refund. I did not receive mine after >1 month. I went for holiday so I could only chase after them after I was back in town. Upon another enquiry, the CSO informed me that according to my case record, I would not be getting any refund.

Sent them the email I received to confirm about my refund and I demanded to speak to the person who sent me the mail. She apologised for the "delay" because there was some admin issue with the finance department I still think they deliberately did not process my refund lor.. Because this second time, I got my refund within 3 days after that person replied my email.
liburan_natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #2367
Master Member

My shipping experience with uclick2buy.com was quite disastrous. Most likely that will be the last time i'm going to use their service.
My shipment screwed up and their manager has not called me after 2 days. Clearly, Uclick2buy has not lived up to expectations, no follow up and their phone lines are not reachable. My honest opinion is their price can be slightly cheaper than borderlinx and comgateway but ur item takes longer time to reach u and their customer service is horrendous. Rather pay more to get hassle free service.

I will be going back to Borderlinx/comgateway as my sole USA forwarder.
NCMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #2368
Supremacy Member

any borderlinx promotion code?
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #2369

which service is now cheapest for importing a shoe ar? with e box or without lol

Make mistakes, take chances, be silly, be imperfect, trust yourself and follow your heart.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #2370
Supremacy Member

Hi, today I bought something using CGW using the BuyForMe option but later on I received an e-mail saying that they are unable to purchase because the item is out of stock.

Subsequently I cancelled my item purchase since the item is out of stock there's no point.

Will CGW give me a partial refund or a full refund?

Last edited by foo9883; 13-10-2013 at 09:10 AM..
foo9883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.