HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #2446
High Supremacy Member

hi guys, i wanna buy sth fr US as i rem last yr got free 1kg or sth $10 off freight charges.

Currently, is there any discount for new signup or bank promotions for: cgw, borderlinx or vpost (last option)?

kindly advise, thanks
amberlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #2447

For spg Amex member only via borderlessbuys.

Promo: BLBXMAS2013

Effectively 10% off your shipping rate.
maxin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #2448
High Supremacy Member

hi guys, i wanna buy sth fr US as i rem last yr got free 1kg or sth $10 off freight charges.

Currently, is there any discount for new signup or bank promotions for: cgw, borderlinx or vpost (last option)?

kindly advise, thanks
anyone?
Old 30-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #2449

New to buying from US

Hihi, am totally new to buying any item online. As there will be a cyber monday coming up, was hoping to get something from amazon. But what are the better way i can use to ship my item over?? Been hearing about vpost from my friend but heard that it is pretty expensive and slow. Any other option?
pudding134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #2450
High Supremacy Member

Hihi, am totally new to buying any item online. As there will be a cyber monday coming up, was hoping to get something from amazon. But what are the better way i can use to ship my item over?? Been hearing about vpost from my friend but heard that it is pretty expensive and slow. Any other option?
heard amazon can ship direct for certain amt of purchase, read their fineprints

if not, got a few freight forward like Borderlinx, Comgateway and Vpost (this shld be the worst and most exp)
Old 30-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #2451

Hihi, some of the item that I wanted to buy shows ship only within US
Oh, vpost is the most exp. Then will borderlinx or comgateway be a better choice?

heard amazon can ship direct for certain amt of purchase, read their fineprints

if not, got a few freight forward like Borderlinx, Comgateway and Vpost (this shld be the worst and most exp)
Old 30-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #2452

Thumbs down NO MORE VPOST FOR ME!!

I was a long-time user of vPost but after a recent overpricing episode *, switched to a close rival whose charges are more reasonable.

In my opinion, vPost does not provide quality and efficient service (I tolerated various logistics hiccups with them in the past) and pricing-wise, they are UNCOMPETITIVE.

* PM me if u need more details on what happened.

Last edited by binary0018; 01-12-2013 at 07:41 AM..
binary0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #2453
High Supremacy Member

Hihi, some of the item that I wanted to buy shows ship only within US
Oh, vpost is the most exp. Then will borderlinx or comgateway be a better choice?
last time i calculated, vpost more exp overall. now idk

tbh, what i dislike abt vpost is the service...
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #2454

anyone knows how much it cost now to ship a 3 kg item back to sg using borderlinx?

according to this "Nathalie" in their live chat

Nathalie: That would be for US$18.95 and for the admin fee of US$20 and and US$15 per shipment

can some one confirm if their admin fee is really us$20??? that's freaking ex. when I ask about the us$15.. this Nathalie after taking ages, finally said that is the fee if u wan to return back to the merchant.which is still ex compared to cgw.

so.. do we really have to pay that usd$20 admin fee?
bruffchewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #2455

hi guys..

i been using comgateway for a while.. recently i did some shipment and realised that they use a 1.47+ exchange rate for USD to SGD. which means, if you buy something that is USD280, it will be about SGD411, which you will incur GST!
even XE rate for USD280 comes to only SGD351

From their website, they use the DBS and custom exchange rate.
Start Shopping US Websites | Ship Packages to Your US Address | Enjoy Lowest Shipping Rates Worldwide

am i also to assume that borderlinx and vpost also uses the same exchange rate? I can't find anywhere on borderlinx website about the exchange rate they use...

anyone knows?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #2456

hi guys..

i been using comgateway for a while.. recently i did some shipment and realised that they use a 1.47+ exchange rate for USD to SGD. which means, if you buy something that is USD280, it will be about SGD411, which you will incur GST!
even XE rate for USD280 comes to only SGD351

From their website, they use the DBS and custom exchange rate.
Start Shopping US Websites | Ship Packages to Your US Address | Enjoy Lowest Shipping Rates Worldwide

am i also to assume that borderlinx and vpost also uses the same exchange rate? I can't find anywhere on borderlinx website about the exchange rate they use...

anyone knows?
they don't use 1.47 exchange rate. that was an example.
bruffchewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #2457

Shop with Cash Back at overseas online stores

Since you are new to overseas online shopping, you should also take note that you are able to shop with cash back. Instead of going straight to buy from lets say Amazon.

You visit ebates --> sign in --> click to amazon --> shop as per normal

After the transaction, you will get cash back on your shopping.

Saved me quite a bit on my recent purchase at ebags.com where i got a 20% cashback for my Black Friday hoot.

You can check out their upcoming Cyber Monday sale here: Cyber Monday 2013 Coupons, Deals, Promo Codes & Discounts | Ebates
sngyanyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #2458

25% off with borderlinx

For spg Amex member only via borderlessbuys.

Promo: BLBXMAS2013

Effectively 10% off your shipping rate.
I saw on the borderlinx homepage that you can get 25% off your first shipment using the Promo Code: SHIPIT25
sngyanyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #2459

they don't use 1.47 exchange rate. that was an example.
so what do they use? is it the credit card rate? which will have add on?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #2460

Oh this is great news! I will check it out!

Since you are new to overseas online shopping, you should also take note that you are able to shop with cash back. Instead of going straight to buy from lets say Amazon.

You visit ebates --> sign in --> click to amazon --> shop as per normal

After the transaction, you will get cash back on your shopping.

Saved me quite a bit on my recent purchase at ebags.com where i got a 20% cashback for my Black Friday hoot.

You can check out their upcoming Cyber Monday sale here: Cyber Monday 2013 Coupons, Deals, Promo Codes & Discounts | Ebates
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.