HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #2461

Cyber Monday at Ebates is starting at 1pm SG Time

Oh this is great news! I will check it out!
FYI, their Cyber Monday sale is starting at 1pm SG time.

Cyber Monday 2013 Coupons, Deals, Promo Codes & Discounts | Ebates
sngyanyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #2462

hey guys. i've got a couple of items that i'd like to purchase from amazon.
so whats the best option here?
vpost (have an account but not used yet)/borderlinx/comgateway/ebates?

thanks!
kidxcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #2463
Arch-Supremacy Member

is there promo code for CGW?
mayorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #2464

is there promo code for CGW?
I know that they are having a promotion with DBS cards.

US$10 off international shipping for first-time customers
5% off international shipping
Free Express international shipping upgrade
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #2465

Since you are new to overseas online shopping, you should also take note that you are able to shop with cash back. Instead of going straight to buy from lets say Amazon.

You visit ebates --> sign in --> click to amazon --> shop as per normal

After the transaction, you will get cash back on your shopping.

Saved me quite a bit on my recent purchase at ebags.com where i got a 20% cashback for my Black Friday hoot.

You can check out their upcoming Cyber Monday sale here: Cyber Monday 2013 Coupons, Deals, Promo Codes & Discounts | Ebates
Hi! I am new. Anyone tried to use ebates and use the hopshopgo shipping promo for paypal at the same time?

I am not sure the hopshopgo shipping promo for paypal must make purchase through hopshopgo website or can I make purchase through ebates and then use hopshopgo shipping service and still can get the hopshopgo shipping promo for paypal?
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #2466

hey guys. i've got a couple of items that i'd like to purchase from amazon.
so whats the best option here?
vpost (have an account but not used yet)/borderlinx/comgateway/ebates?

thanks!
i've encountered all of them all.. so..

vpost - my sister used this. they lost my sister's stuff so i had to help her resolve it. they had v poor cust svc, CS appeared to be outsourced to philippines.... and spoke english but did not understand me, or answer my questions. i will never use them for my own stuff...
ALSO, they use singpost.. i dont like singpost.. it's slow and they lost all my mail when i used their mail redirection service......

borderlinx - first time okay (2010), second time (2013) - declared my item value wrongly (USD199 became USD299, and then they asked me to pay GST), they then repacked my items even when it was unsafe, resulting in my things getting broken, tried to play T&C with me, refused to refund me all my money, and told me they would refund me a fraction of it "out of goodwill" (wtf) i had to escalate to citibank to get the issue resolved. after everything was resolved, think they dropped me an email asking me for feedback or something. to which i replied my dissatisfaction over the need to engage an external party to resolve the issue. i then received an email from them scolding me for making assumptions and reiteratiing that my rightful refund was given to me out of goodwill. and for the record, i wasn't even trying to smoke them. i just wanted what was mine....
cs appeared to be outsourced to india or middle east. i would use them again if got discount and shipping low value things i guess. they use DHL

cgw - >5 shipments alr (2011, 2012), so far so good (but i havent had issues with my items before.. so. people with poor experiences may say smth different). they say they use fedex and dhl.. but i only ever get dhl..not that im complaining.
barurutor likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #2467

i've encountered all of them all.. so..

vpost - my sister used this. they lost my sister's stuff so i had to help her resolve it. they had v poor cust svc, CS appeared to be outsourced to philippines.... and spoke english but did not understand me, or answer my questions. i will never use them for my own stuff...
ALSO, they use singpost.. i dont like singpost.. it's slow and they lost all my mail when i used their mail redirection service......

borderlinx - first time okay (2010), second time (2013) - declared my item value wrongly (USD199 became USD299, and then they asked me to pay GST), they then repacked my items even when it was unsafe, resulting in my things getting broken, tried to play T&C with me, refused to refund me all my money, and told me they would refund me a fraction of it "out of goodwill" (wtf) i had to escalate to citibank to get the issue resolved. after everything was resolved, think they dropped me an email asking me for feedback or something. to which i replied my dissatisfaction over the need to engage an external party to resolve the issue. i then received an email from them scolding me for making assumptions and reiteratiing that my rightful refund was given to me out of goodwill. and for the record, i wasn't even trying to smoke them. i just wanted what was mine....
cs appeared to be outsourced to india or middle east. i would use them again if got discount and shipping low value things i guess. they use DHL

cgw - >5 shipments alr (2011, 2012), so far so good (but i havent had issues with my items before.. so. people with poor experiences may say smth different). they say they use fedex and dhl.. but i only ever get dhl..not that im complaining.
thanks for your response.
i actually just went with borderlinx since they have a 25% off the first shipment thing.
so do you think i should opt out of the repacking service that they provide?
i ordered 3 items via amazon. and they're all expected to arrive at the US address on 4 dec, wed.
1 question will they be consolidating all of the items and then making 1 shipment or as an individual item as they come? i would prefer they consolidate and then ship so i get the 25% off all items. do i need to make a request?

thanks.
kidxcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #2468

thanks for your response.
i actually just went with borderlinx since they have a 25% off the first shipment thing.
so do you think i should opt out of the repacking service that they provide?
i ordered 3 items via amazon. and they're all expected to arrive at the US address on 4 dec, wed.
1 question will they be consolidating all of the items and then making 1 shipment or as an individual item as they come? i would prefer they consolidate and then ship so i get the 25% off all items. do i need to make a request?

thanks.
i think if you're shipping smth breakable, you shld make a decision on your own. if you decide not to repack, and make sure they get it into their heads, and then save the conversation until you receive your items undamaged.

by consolidating - you just choose ship everything together and it'll all arrive on the same day, but their own little boxes. if you want everything in the same box, i think they may do it but charge extra. but i won't trust ppl to help me anyhow repack again. they repacked my glass jar into a DHL envelope.. to which my reaction was...
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #2469

Hi! I am new. Anyone tried to use ebates and use the hopshopgo shipping promo for paypal at the same time?

I am not sure the hopshopgo shipping promo for paypal must make purchase through hopshopgo website or can I make purchase through ebates and then use hopshopgo shipping service and still can get the hopshopgo shipping promo for paypal?
you will be able to use both promo. In my case when i purchased at eBags.com, I use ebates to access eBags.com so that i can get the cash back and when i check out at eBags.com, i ship it to borderlinx to take advantage of borderlinx current 25% promo.

Your process will be the same, just ship it to your HSG address and you will be able to take advantage of the shipping promo that they are currently having.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #2470

you will be able to use both promo. In my case when i purchased at eBags.com, I use ebates to access eBags.com so that i can get the cash back and when i check out at eBags.com, i ship it to borderlinx to take advantage of borderlinx current 25% promo.

Your process will be the same, just ship it to your HSG address and you will be able to take advantage of the shipping promo that they are currently having.
Thanks for answering. The promo code was send from Paypal. I called Paypal to and CS answered that I must use the HSG website to link to amazon and make purchase. I think I only can use the promo code after item reached HSG U.S address before ship to Sg during the process of shipping fee payment, right?

For the Ebates, is it only some items in amazon are qualify to earn the cash rebate? I did a rough check for the thing I want at Ebates search bar. The result did not show the lowest price that amazon is offering now. I did not click further to the links, I guess the Ebates will channel me to the link that are qualify for cash rebate but not the lowest price in the net. Am I right this is how Ebates work?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #2471

Thanks for answering. The promo code was send from Paypal. I called Paypal to and CS answered that I must use the HSG website to link to amazon and make purchase. I think I only can use the promo code after item reached HSG U.S address before ship to Sg during the process of shipping fee payment, right?

For the Ebates, is it only some items in amazon are qualify to earn the cash rebate? I did a rough check for the thing I want at Ebates search bar. The result did not show the lowest price that amazon is offering now. I did not click further to the links, I guess the Ebates will channel me to the link that are qualify for cash rebate but not the lowest price in the net. Am I right this is how Ebates work?

This is interesting, as i am also a user of HopShopGo and when i was searching for Amazon on HSG. I see the following:

But i got to agree that you can only use the promo code only when you want to ship it back to SG.

As for my experience in using Ebates, it is just a portal that allows us to earn cashback for our online shopping. Clicking through to amazon just allow ebates to track your shopping so as to credit back the appropriate cash back into your account.

As for the eligible category, you can check it out here: Amazon Cash Back Shopping and Amazon Promo Codes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #2472

i tried ebates and got cashback in my acct.
it's super irritating to have to stay in that window while shopping. esp if youre like me and have multiple windows all over the place.

all you need to do, is shop whatever you want, fill your cart
go to ebates, click the store (like amazon), and you'll be brought to amazon, where your cart will be full of the items you've found. check out using that window and you'll get your cashback.
vddgnd and sngyanyuan like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #2473

This is interesting, as i am also a user of HopShopGo and when i was searching for Amazon on HSG. I see the following:

But i got to agree that you can only use the promo code only when you want to ship it back to SG.

As for my experience in using Ebates, it is just a portal that allows us to earn cashback for our online shopping. Clicking through to amazon just allow ebates to track your shopping so as to credit back the appropriate cash back into your account.

As for the eligible category, you can check it out here: Amazon Cash Back Shopping and Amazon Promo Codes
So u chose the 1st choice to earn cash back right? The borderlinx 25% discount on shipping must use AMEX card, do u need to use AMEX card for the merchant purchase as well to qualify?

Anyone here has account with both comgateway and hopshopgo? If u registered with either one, for example u have CGW a/c, can u use HSG without register with HSG. Or the other way work the same, HSG first then use CGW with register with CGW?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #2474

Cool

In my experience, when used with a SC Singpost creditcard (15% discount + 50% cheaper repacking), Vpost is cheaper than CGW or BL, especially if you don't buy the optional insurance.

One thing I have noticed is that Vpost takes more than 3 working days to determine if a package with a 3kg or more difference between gross & actual weight can be repacked.

Eg: My package arrived on Wed. I paid up the next Monday night & I was given the option to repack 2 days later (though I have already paid up).
It's a hiccup on their system.
gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #2475

How do i know my item has reached com gateway? just order today and i think will reach them by wed
runningman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.