HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #2476

Vpost service is appalling. I confirmed my consolidated shipment and it told me it would arrive 22-27 Nov. on 25th November I got an email saying my package was in singapore and out for delivery to jurong point post office which i chose as my delivery address but until 28th nov I had not got confirmation. I called them and they said it would be there within 3 work days. Called them again on 3rd December asking why I still had not got confirmation and this new lady says it was in JP post office on 21st nov but because I had not collected it, they sent it to paya lebar HQ! How ridiculous?! I asked her why I did not get any notification and why the previous person gave me wrong info 'our system got problem I can't do anything sorry' never using vpost again
FlushX likes this.
B4mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #2477

Vpost service is appalling. I confirmed my consolidated shipment and it told me it would arrive 22-27 Nov. on 25th November I got an email saying my package was in singapore and out for delivery to jurong point post office which i chose as my delivery address but until 28th nov I had not got confirmation. I called them and they said it would be there within 3 work days. Called them again on 3rd December asking why I still had not got confirmation and this new lady says it was in JP post office on 21st nov but because I had not collected it, they sent it to paya lebar HQ! How ridiculous?! I asked her why I did not get any notification and why the previous person gave me wrong info 'our system got problem I can't do anything sorry' never using vpost again
ya their cs all very polite but powerless.
my mom likes to use singpost (which uses the same customer svc team) to ship things to our relatives overseas.. which regularly get delayed/held up at customs...and i (as her personal assistant) need to liaise with singpost to get things sorted out. they are very good at pushing things to HQs at the wrong ends of singapore. their standard reply is to apologize and say that they cannot do anything. i seriously just wish they would clean up their act. they're like a public service
Old 03-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #2478

So u chose the 1st choice to earn cash back right? The borderlinx 25% discount on shipping must use AMEX card, do u need to use AMEX card for the merchant purchase as well to qualify?

Anyone here has account with both comgateway and hopshopgo? If u registered with either one, for example u have CGW a/c, can u use HSG without register with HSG. Or the other way work the same, HSG first then use CGW with register with CGW?
Clicking the first link will bring you to ebates amazon merchant page where you can then click through for them to track your shopping to give you cashback.

Ya, did not see that the 25% promo is not valid for citi-globeshopper account which is essentially all SG account. Sian.

Will stick with the promo code CGSBDL20 and pay with my citibank credit card for 20% off plus 5% cashback then.

I think your CGW and HSG account are not linked as HSG is exclusively for Paypal.
sngyanyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #2479
Arch-Supremacy Member

How safe is CGW when shipping electronics?

should i ship my 3ds xl, earphone now since they are almost 400 dollars. or take a risk and try squeeze in my jeans?

sucks that there is no promo code
mayorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #2480

Guys need your kind assistance for my first ever shipment.

I got a package from Amazon that is USD20, domestic shipping USD5.

Shipping package as advised by seller: 16.25" x 14.25" x 6.24", weight 4lbs.

What will be the cost for Vpost, Borderlinx and Comgateway?

Pls help me to breakdown the cost (i.e. base charge, weight charge, fuel surcharge, etc) so that for future orders I know how to calculate and compare. Ignore discount for now.

I have tried but couldn't get all the require cost from the 3 sites and/or understand how to apply and total them (e.g. Does all base charge include 1st 500g? Subsequent weight charge by 100g or 500g block? Fuel charge also by 1kg block? How to pro-rate these weight-based charge on the price per weight given?

I think if a clear calculation base on this example side by side may benefit other newbies as well.

Thanks in advance to whomever willing to help.
Downloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #2481

What bad luck...
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #2482

Hi CGW,

Will you be able to help buy items from Newegg ?

Thanks
blizzard04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #2483
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is cgw system still rounded upwards to nearest 0.5 kg?
And any deals to break vpost 30% shipping discount?
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #2484

How safe is CGW when shipping electronics?

should i ship my 3ds xl, earphone now since they are almost 400 dollars. or take a risk and try squeeze in my jeans?

sucks that there is no promo code
I had a 3ds xl delivered at CGW last wednesday Nov 27 and up to now still not available for shipping in my US address... its been a week since they got it less all holiday and weekends so 4 days and still not documented... i dont know what the hell is wrong they cant give me a straight answer...
jcml10588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #2485

How do i know my item has reached com gateway? just order today and i think will reach them by wed
even though it reached them according to them they need to document it before it appears on your US address then they will email you that your package arrived... but based on my experience it took a week and up to now my package still not documented!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #2486

QUESTION!!!

Aside from CGW and Borderlinx and Vpost, what other freight forwarder is available for us to use?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #2487

As someone who has done A LOT of overseas shipping before, here's my experience with the local freight forwarding services.

Reading other posts describing personal experiences with the 3 services, I can see that everyone has different opinions about each, so maybe this will just confuse those who are new to this, but I hope some will find it useful anyway.

vPost
Used them for a very very long time, like since they first showed up years ago. Probably done about 30+ shipments (not packages) total with them, each usually at least 5 packages, sometimes over 10.
Especially before Amazon offered free global shipping, I used them like almost every other month.

Contrary to a lot of users here, in ALL my many shipments with them, they have not lost a single package. Not one at all. Across over 30 shipments, that's about 200+ packages.
Maybe it's just my neighbourhood post office workers were more competent or something, or I've been lucky all this while, but I've never had a single problem with lost packages with vPost.

I actually find the fact they're under SingPost quite convenient cause the post office is nearby and I'm usually not home when they deliver at office hours, so I can always collect the next day. Even moreso now with their locker service, can just collect after office hours.

The one and only bad experience I had in all my years using vPost was when they once miscalculated a package's dimensions and I ended up paying a lot more for shipping of that small package, and when I went back to them with the error after receiving the package, I had to jump through a lot of hoops just to get a refund back, cause the aunties at the post office front desk had no idea how to handle such a case.

Last time I would say one general negative of vPost was the time it took to process packages and enter them into the system for you to identify, especially years ago when it was all manual e-mailing of invoices, but these days that's less an issue since they have a new interface which is pretty easy to use. (Just select goods type and enter value, done.)

Shipping from the time you consolidate and check out your packages is usually around 1˝-2 weeks, and they almost always have 10% promo codes with whatever card you use to pay.

comGateway
Tried their concierge service once cause I heard they had good rates, but they messed up a single order BIG TIME and even blamed me for the problem initially, until I showed them definitive proof (which I got off my account on their site, so they were either in denial or too lazy to get it themselves) that the error was on their end, so I never went back.

Even lost a bit on the cost of shipping the item here cause I insisted I did not want to keep the one they wrongly ordered for me, and they agreed to ship it back at their cost but I would only get refund for the initial cost of the item, not the shipping cost.

Either way, I never managed to get the item I had originally wanted them to order cause it sold out after they missed the boat with their cock up.
No apology, no compensation, no nothing. Terrible customer service, will never consider them again.

Borderlinx
Actually giving them a shot now, cause their free repackaging service sounds useful (had to pay a lot of useless "volumetric shipping" fees with vPost), and they offer a longer holding period to consolidate multiple orders (1 month as opposed to vPost's 3 weeks) so will report back with how it goes soon.

One minor drawback I've noticed so far is that their forwarding address is in Ohio, and some of the sites I shop on charge taxes to that state, whereas vPost's address is in Oregon and avoided those, so that might be something to take note of.

Last edited by BlackLab; 05-12-2013 at 06:55 PM..
BlackLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #2488

As someone who has done A LOT of overseas shipping before, here's my experience with the local freight forwarding services.

Reading other posts describing personal experiences with the 3 services, I can see that everyone has different opinions about each, so maybe this will just confuse those who are new to this, but I hope some will find it useful anyway.

vPost
Used them for a very very long time, like since they first showed up years ago. Probably done about 30+ shipments (not packages) total with them, each usually at least 5 packages, sometimes over 10.
Especially before Amazon offered free global shipping, I used them like almost every other month.

Contrary to a lot of users here, in ALL my many shipments with them, they have not lost a single package. Not one at all. Across over 30 shipments, that's about 200+ packages.
Maybe it's just my neighbourhood post office workers were more competent or something, or I've been lucky all this while, but I've never had a single problem with lost packages with vPost.

I actually find the fact they're under SingPost quite convenient cause the post office is nearby and I'm usually not home when they deliver at office hours, so I can always collect the next day. Even moreso now with their locker service, can just collect after office hours.

The one and only bad experience I had in all my years using vPost was when they once miscalculated a package's dimensions and I ended up paying a lot more for shipping of that small package, and when I went back to them with the error after receiving the package, I had to jump through a lot of hoops just to get a refund back, cause the aunties at the post office front desk had no idea how to handle such a case.

Last time I would say one general negative of vPost was the time it took to process packages and enter them into the system for you to identify, especially years ago when it was all manual e-mailing of invoices, but these days that's less an issue since they have a new interface which is pretty easy to use. (Just select goods type and enter value, done.)

Shipping from the time you consolidate and check out your packages is usually around 1˝-2 weeks, and they almost always have 10% promo codes with whatever card you use to pay.

comGateway
Tried their concierge service once cause I heard they had good rates, but they messed up a single order BIG TIME and even blamed me for the problem initially, until I showed them definitive proof (which I got off my account on their site, so they were either in denial or too lazy to get it themselves) that the error was on their end, so I never went back.

Even lost a bit on the cost of shipping the item here cause I insisted I did not want to keep the one they wrongly ordered for me, and they agreed to ship it back at their cost but I would only get refund for the initial cost of the item, not the shipping cost.

Either way, I never managed to get the item I had originally wanted them to order cause it sold out after they missed the boat with their cock up.
No apology, no compensation, no nothing. Terrible customer service, will never consider them again.

Borderlinx
Actually giving them a shot now, cause their free repackaging service sounds useful (had to pay a lot of useless "volumetric shipping" fees with vPost), and they offer a longer holding period to consolidate multiple orders (1 month as opposed to vPost's 3 weeks) so will report back with how it goes soon.

One minor drawback I've noticed so far is that their forwarding address is in Ohio, and some of the sites I shop on charge taxes to that state, whereas vPost's address is in Oregon and avoided those, so that might be something to take note of.
I'm curious to your vPost's miscalculation. Because right now I'm puzzled. I bought 3 items from Amazon and use the single packaging option. That means they will put all 3 items into 1 box. When it reached vPost, they then repack the box (for god knows why). This repacking makes the box from 1.9kg to 2.6 kg now. Then vPost then charge me $12 for the repacking.

Seems like a red flag to me. See attached.

Oh and worst part about vPost is their customer service. So I emailed them to ask why is my packaged being repacked, it gained 0.7kg and I'm being charged $12 for this?

See the reply by this Jerna Bustamante :-

Last edited by EddyVlad; 05-12-2013 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: Missed some details
EddyVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #2489

I'm curious to your vPost's miscalculation. Because right now I'm puzzled. I bought 3 items from Amazon and use the single packaging option. That means they will put all 3 items into 1 box. When it reached vPost, they then repack the box (for god knows why). This repacking makes the box from 1.9kg to 2.6 kg now. Then vPost then charge me $12 for the repacking.

Seems like a red flag to me. See attached.
To be honest I've only ever used their repackaging service like only 2-3 times ever, and usually for individual packages that had their items shipped in huge boxes with a lot of empty space within, not for repacking multiple shipments into a single box.

Bearing in mind that they charge packages at about under $10 per kg (weight or volumetric), the difference must be huge (over 1kg) for repackaging to be worth the $12 fee, hence my limited use of that service.

That said, looks like there's some error there. You might wanna check with them. Could it be that their interface is not clear, and 1.9kg is actually the weight of just 1 of your 3 original packages, and not the total for all 3?

Otherwise, best to clarify with them how they can justify packing it to a higher weight value and charging you further for it.

Have found vPost's customer service to be the typical tedious but reliable sort, i.e. they will find a solution for you but can be quite frustrating trying to explain to them the situation.
BlackLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #2490

To be honest I've only ever used their repackaging service like only 2-3 times ever, and usually for individual packages that had their items shipped in huge boxes with a lot of empty space within, not for repacking multiple shipments into a single box.

Bearing in mind that they charge packages at about under $10 per kg (weight or volumetric), the difference must be huge (over 1kg) for repackaging to be worth the $12 fee, hence my limited use of that service.

That said, looks like there's some error there. You might wanna check with them. Could it be that their interface is not clear, and 1.9kg is actually the weight of just 1 of your 3 original packages, and not the total for all 3?

Otherwise, best to clarify with them how they can justify packing it to a higher weight value and charging you further for it.

Have found vPost's customer service to be the typical tedious but reliable sort, i.e. they will find a solution for you but can be quite frustrating trying to explain to them the situation.
My items are packed in a single package by Amazon. So there's no point in repacking but vPost did it anyway so they can charge me the repacking fees.

The templated email I received from vPost did state that they will repack at their discretion.

I did wrote a reply asking for further clarifications 2 days ago and yesterday. Nobody replied to my email. So I guess I just have to suck thumb and pay before they charge me for storage as well.

I've used their service like 5 times already. This will be the last time I'm using vPost.
EddyVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.