HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #2581
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any other currency is always first converted to USD, then to SGD. It's transparent to you, but it's in your CC's T&C and you're effectively hit by their exchange rate spread twice.

They do not pack everything into a single box; but GST is still chargeable. I can only guess with Singpost as the postal carrier that status perhaps allows their Vpost some latitude.
Didnt know about it thanks
jgyy1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #2582

Hi.

Thanks for the quick response.
I pay in USD. I have read the above link before posting here. I even called singpost n they say they will not charge me gst because my order is less than sgd$400 but the above link means order amt + vpost = over $400 will charge gst.

I'm so confused. y cant all online provide international shipping....
Don't worry, you should be safe. GST is charged for the value of the goods (S$390 in your case), before any shipping fees are applied.
BlackLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #2583
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't worry, you should be safe. GST is charged for the value of the goods (S$390 in your case), before any shipping fees are applied.
Incorrect.

Charges & payment | vPost

The calculation of the Customs GST is based on the Cost, vCare and Freight (CIF) value of the item plus all duties payable.

Customs GST relief is granted on items (excluding intoxicating liquors and tobacco products) imported by a total value not exceeding S$400.
Where the value exceeds S$400, the entire sum would be subject to Customs GST.

The current Customs GST rate is 7% of CIF.
Total Customs GST Chargeable = 7% on [Cost + Insurance + Freight]
where Cost is the total cost of products in a package / order paid to seller / Merchant that includes the item value, domestic shipping, handling charge etc., while vCare is the cost of purchasing optional insurance from vPost and Freight is vPost shipping charge for that item.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #2584

i tried Vpost 2 times, not going to use them again, the food item received from vpost turn bad.

Never had this problem with CGW.
revolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #2585

The coach had lock the shipment from those shipping company, is there any way to ship USA coach item to Singapore?
revolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #2586
Master Member

comGateway only packs everything into a single box if it is requested. To request this, do email customerservice@comgateway.com.

Otherwise, repack simply means we cut down on each package's external packaging (i.e., transfer tshirt from box to bag, cut down a box's height from 20cm to 15cm, etc).

Items that are shipped together are then billed together, but arrive in their own packages. The benefit of shipping items together therefore, is that only Item 1 will pay the base charge, and Items 2,3,4 will only pay the incremental charge.

Hope this helps!
Hi comGateway,

Just want to check if there's any other credit card promotion going on now that the DBS promo is over? I really enjoyed the free express upgrade with my DBS CC previously and I love comGateway's fast and reliable service particularly with your local partner DHL here, shipped more than 10 packages and with the free upgrade made it really affordable. Hope that there's some other promotion you can point us to so that we could continue to enjoy your great service!
SquallLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #2587

Incorrect.

Charges & payment | vPost
I meant the shipping costs of forwarding from US to SG, duh. That was that the person was asking about right?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #2588
Arch-Supremacy Member

I meant the shipping costs of forwarding from US to SG, duh. That was that the person was asking about right?
And that shipping cost from US to SG is taken into consideration for GST. Please read carefully, for your benefit, in bold are the pertinent information.

The calculation of the Customs GST is based on the Cost, vCare and Freight (CIF) value of the item plus all duties payable.

Customs GST relief is granted on items (excluding intoxicating liquors and tobacco products) imported by a total value not exceeding S$400.
Where the value exceeds S$400, the entire sum would be subject to Customs GST.

The current Customs GST rate is 7% of CIF.
Total Customs GST Chargeable = 7% on [Cost + Insurance + Freight]
where Cost is the total cost of products in a package / order paid to seller / Merchant that includes the item value, domestic shipping, handling charge etc., while vCare is the cost of purchasing optional insurance from vPost and Freight is vPost shipping charge for that item.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #2589

buying laptop on ebay - CGW or vPost

hi all,

I saw from vpost website that they do not forward computer products purchased on ebay that contains batteries....is this true?

Will CGW be able to forward my purchase to me?

Thanks a lot for all replies in advance!
alan_shearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #2590

And that shipping cost from US to SG is taken into consideration for GST. Please read carefully, for your benefit, in bold are the pertinent information.
Ah got it. My bad then. Could've sworn that wasn't the case previously.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #2591
Master Member

any promo codes from hopshopgo or comgateway avail fir use? TIA.
android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #2592
Master Member

if anyone need help with a USA credit card purchase to freight forwarders can pm me for help
Deathzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #2593
Arch-Supremacy Member

Using HSG now.

Have 3 packages :

1) Actual weight : 0.07kg
Vol. weight : -
Chargeable weight : 0.5kg

2)Actual weight : 0.50kg
Vol. weight : 0.87kg
Chargeable weight : 1kg

3) Actual weight : 0.07kg

Upon checking out, the weight was 2kg for shipping.

Is this normal? Does HSG use physical weight as it will be less than 1kg
winthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:25 AM   #2594
Master Member

Using HSG now.

Have 3 packages :

1) Actual weight : 0.07kg

2)Actual weight : 0.50kg
Vol. weight : 0.87kg
Chargeable weight : 1kg

3) Actual weight : 0.07kg

Upon checking out, the weight was 2kg for shipping.

Is this normal? Does HSG use physical weight as it will be less than 1kg
Yes, Most forwarders charge based on volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher., so if your item is very small but very big in size or packaging then the shipping cost will be high.........

Last edited by android; 08-01-2014 at 12:27 AM..
android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #2595
Supremacy Member

Any CGW promotions for local banks this year?
I know last year use DBS cards get you free upgrade + 10% discount.
foo9883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.