HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #2611

I am a Prime Rewards member for CGW myself but now i am just wondering if Citi Globestopper with the welcomepack is better or the DBS/POSB promo with Prime Rewards?
MESSY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #2612
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone got vpost buyforme discount code?
xiaowhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #2613
Supremacy Member

I am a Prime Rewards member for CGW myself but now i am just wondering if Citi Globestopper with the welcomepack is better or the DBS/POSB promo with Prime Rewards?
Borderlinx is located in Dayton, Ohio, and is subject to US sales tax (currently 7.25%).

CGW is located in Portland, Oregon, and has no sales tax (0.0%) currently.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #2614
XER

Any of these I can use to buy in store pick up item?

Last edited by XER; 19-01-2014 at 01:00 PM..
XER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #2615

I have been using CGW for about 7 years now. No problem, and for me, the most competitive pricing for US shipping to SG (prime account).

Any feedback on the 'new' VPOST for Japan to SG? Pricing good? I was looking around and Japan EMS quite similar. Additionally, can ship alcohol back using VPost?
Nightgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #2616
Supremacy Member

Any feedback on the 'new' VPOST for Japan to SG? Pricing good? I was looking around and Japan EMS quite similar. Additionally, can ship alcohol back using VPost?
For Japan, there is Vpost and Tenso.

You will should check with the forwarder directly before trying to export/import alcohol - Vpost shipping restrictions doesn't seem to indicate any (ex Japan, im Singapore; unless it is considered flammable...) Let us know how much taxes you had to pay if you do.
Old 20-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #2617

For Japan, there is Vpost and Tenso.

You will should check with the forwarder directly before trying to export/import alcohol - Vpost shipping restrictions doesn't seem to indicate any (ex Japan, im Singapore; unless it is considered flammable...) Let us know how much taxes you had to pay if you do.
I will check on tenso, because Vpost Jpn rates not competitive. Taxes I know what kind and how much.

I have shipped about 10 bottles of Whisky from Japan. If declaration is >$400; you pay 7% GST.

Alcohol tax is about $23 per bottle (for a 700ml 40% alc)
Old 20-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #2618

I will check on tenso, because Vpost Jpn rates not competitive. Taxes I know what kind and how much.
shipping yamazaki?

Tenso is NOT CHEAP!! vpost japan may actually be cheaper. for tenso, there's some ridiculous handling fee that increases in proportion to either the weight/the value of your item, making it possibly more ex from shipping the item from the U.S., and not a good sign if you're shipping alochol.

what you can do is wait for their promos with rakuten (50% off shipping with JPY10,000 or something similar) - sign up for their emails. these offers come like once every 2-3 months.

the service is great though. efficient, and my camera arrived in a very pretty package (with plastic and ribbon). since the invoices were inside the plastic package, either the seller delivered it that way, and they painstakingly undid and redid the ribbon, or they actually packed it nicely for me. thumbs up for effort
Old 20-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #2619

Rakuten, is like Japanese eBay? Yeah they have that 50% promo now.

Yes, the rates are same as Japan EMS. Japan EMS is shockingly cheap compared to most countries (ie SG). I import various whiskeys, cheaper overall but save maybe only 20-30% after shipping and tax. Trying to save more...
Old 20-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #2620
Supremacy Member

Borderlinx is located in Dayton, Ohio, and is subject to US sales tax (currently 7.25%).

CGW is located in Portland, Oregon, and has no sales tax (0.0%) currently.
Means our purchase will be subjected to further charges with borderlinx?
S1rius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #2621
Supremacy Member

Means our purchase will be subjected to further charges with borderlinx?
US sales tax is a little complicated. If it is payable, you will see it when you are buying the item (it will be in the price when checking out).

If the retailer you're buying from has no physical store in Ohio, you might not have to pay the sales tax there.

But everything shipped to Oregon has no sales tax, regardless, which is one thing less to bother especially when you plan to buy and consolidate from several sellers.
Old 22-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #2622

Used vPost & Borderlinx each a time.

vPost not too bad, only problem is very slow. 4 days from US to Changi, and 7 days from Changi to me.

Borderlinx....sucks! They charged me based on dimension of 10x3x12 inch. When I receive it, the actual box is 4x5x6 inch! After I checked with seller, I found out the original wrapping was a 4x9 inch padded envelope only! This is their free repack service!

The delivery is quick enough, 4 days from US to me. But that's DHL service.
Flanky likes this.

Last edited by gggofn; 22-01-2014 at 11:12 AM..
gggofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #2623

hey comgateway users, can help me here with how to use the live quote thingy? cause I am going to buy some tees but they are all different designs, so do I just use the live quote for just 1 item and select quantity 10 if I have ten tees? does the live quote guarantee works this way? anyway the c/o SGW-CTHGT just key in one of the address line also is it?
Aloylaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 03:36 AM   #2624
Master Member

Question!

I am buying some stuff from Amazon and a phone from Google play!

Below are the stuffs,

1 x Moto G --- $199 USD
1 x New Trent Battery --- $45.95 USD
1 x New Trent Battery --- $39.95 USD
1 x Nexus 5 --- $399 USD

how should i separate the shipment and what should i enter in the value column ?
should the currency entered in the value column be in USD or SGD ?

Im thinking of seperating the shipment as such

Nexus 5
===========

Moto G
NewTrent Battery1
NewTrent Battery2
===============

if i seperate like this only the Nexus 5 will kena GST right ?
XxlwAteRzlxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #2625
Supremacy Member

1 x New Trent Battery --- $45.95 USD
1 x New Trent Battery --- $39.95 USD
Might like to double check if they can still ship the batteries to you before buying.

As of the 1st of January, 2014, the regulations of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) will change regarding lithium batteries. From that date onwards, some lithium batteries or combinations of batteries will be considered "dangerous goods" and cannot be shipped .

In general, lithium ion batteries with laptops, cameras, mobile phones and similar products will be limited to one battery in the product and one spare battery. But don't rely on that rule of thumb; it's important to check the specifics of the battery or batteries you want to ship - before you purchase the product.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.