LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #2656

hi,

may i know which is cheaper?

1) manual ordering then send to borderlinx address followed by shipment to sg,
2) manual ordering sent to vPost address followed by shipment,
3) vPost4u,
4) comgateway BuyForMe?

also, is there a concierge shopping service by borderlinx?

sorry i'm rather new to all this and thanks in advance!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #2657

hi,

3) vPost4u,
4) comgateway BuyForMe?

sorry i'm rather new to all this and thanks in advance!
Avoid vPost. I had bad experience with them...having lost one item during shipment. The reply that I got is only "Sorry". Luckily, Amazon is able to get a replacement for me which I ship using borderlinx.
live2snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 AM   #2658
Supremacy Member

How long do your items take to be updated by cgw ah

my item was delivered over 24 hours ago and no update. Their customer service send meail also havent reply...
They usually need 1-2 days to match incoming packages to accounts.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:20 AM   #2659
Supremacy Member

3) vPost4u,
4) comgateway BuyForMe?

a) Avoid vpost. Read though the various threads on the random issues encountered (delayed, lost, misdirected, damaged packages; you name it, and you'll probably find a story, or six, about it on this thread...)
b) BL has a concierge service, and it's free. (CGW charges 5%)
c) If you can order it manually, it's usually cheaper than having the service buy it for you. (*) Use the 'buy for me' type of service only if the merchant does not accept SG issued CCs.
d) BL is located in Dayton, OH; and you may have to pay US sales tax (~7.25%) when buying from some merchants. CGW is in Portland, OH, and has no US sales tax (0%).

Cheapest may be to use Vpost; but you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay a few dollars more for a smooth and trouble-free purchase. You won't go too wrong with either CGW or BL.

HSG is CGW rebranded with a 10% discount on shipping rates, but you must pay with Paypal.

(*) While BL doesn't charge a concierge fee, you must pay with a Citibank CC, which doesn't give the best exchange rates. I usually get a better rate when I make overseas purchases with a non-citi CC.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #2660
Arch-Supremacy Member

They usually need 1-2 days to match incoming packages to accounts.
yea its been slightly over 2 days now, which is why I'm kind of worried

Previously all my other packages were matched within a day
Old 10-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #2661

Avoid vPost. I had bad experience with them...having lost one item during shipment. The reply that I got is only "Sorry". Luckily, Amazon is able to get a replacement for me which I ship using borderlinx.
a) Avoid vpost. Read though the various threads on the random issues encountered (delayed, lost, misdirected, damaged packages; you name it, and you'll probably find a story, or six, about it on this thread...)
b) BL has a concierge service, and it's free. (CGW charges 5%)
c) If you can order it manually, it's usually cheaper than having the service buy it for you. (*) Use the 'buy for me' type of service only if the merchant does not accept SG issued CCs.
d) BL is located in Dayton, OH; and you may have to pay US sales tax (~7.25%) when buying from some merchants. CGW is in Portland, OH, and has no US sales tax (0%).

Cheapest may be to use Vpost; but you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay a few dollars more for a smooth and trouble-free purchase. You won't go too wrong with either CGW or BL.

HSG is CGW rebranded with a 10% discount on shipping rates, but you must pay with Paypal.

(*) While BL doesn't charge a concierge fee, you must pay with a Citibank CC, which doesn't give the best exchange rates. I usually get a better rate when I make overseas purchases with a non-citi CC.
well one thing is I will avoid vPost. thanks.
but what about vShop4u? technically it's under vPost but any reviews about this service? as bad as vpost?

I did sign up for borderlinx account but turns out u need a citibank cc to complete the account registration. I thought they preferred citibank, not that it's a must. so I guess my choices are down to CGW and the hopshopgo which u just mentioned. will read up about it before deciding. thanks again!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #2662
High Supremacy Member

[HELP] Amazon shipped to my US Borderlinx address on Saturday

2/08/2014 - Saturday
1:05 pm
Delivery exception

DAYTON, OH

Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery

first time using a forwarder.
see my Borderlinx account theres no goods awaiting shipping. Borderlinx warehouse not operating on Saturdays?

I have emailed BL and they replied telling me to ask Amazon to send the shipment bet mon-fri.

hmm so will they call amazon/fed-ex to reschedule the delivery?
canot_lidat_lah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:29 AM   #2663
High Supremacy Member

hi guys,

any promotional code for cgw/hsg ? any credit card promo ?
jownsftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #2664
Master Member

[HELP] Amazon shipped to my US Borderlinx address on Saturday

2/08/2014 - Saturday
1:05 pm
Delivery exception

DAYTON, OH

Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery

first time using a forwarder.
see my Borderlinx account theres no goods awaiting shipping. Borderlinx warehouse not operating on Saturdays?

I have emailed BL and they replied telling me to ask Amazon to send the shipment bet mon-fri.

hmm so will they call amazon/fed-ex to reschedule the delivery?
Normally redelivery is automated. I encountered the same issue a few times before. They will attempt delivery on the next business day without having to call them.
iCubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #2665

Hmm, I've been using vpost for quite some years, bought many stuff from the US and shipped by vPostUSA, bought a couple of items from Japan by vPostJAPAN too, so far other than a few delays in shipment, all items arrived w/o any problem.

I used BL too, their service is great, fast and reliable. But their price isn't great, and they always open up boxes to check their contents, which I don't really like. I prefer using vPost for their cheaper fees and no-question-asked self declaration . Might change if I have bad experience w/ them.
fengwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 04:54 AM   #2666
Supremacy Member

Comgateway any comment regarding the rumor leak of credit/debit card information that lead to unauthorized transactions from neweb technology Taiwan?

Most people have their card information store in yr server before they are hack
Rainbow1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #2667

Reply from CGW

-----------
We understand your concern and we are more than happy to address this matter for you.

Please know that we are aware of the issue and we would like to let you know that comGateway IT system is undergoing PCI-DSS compliance (Payment Card Industry - Data security standard), a standard adopted to increase controls over cardholder information and to reduce fraud via exposures. With that, comGateway is well protected under industry standards and rest assured that your credit card accounts are not compromised.

Warm regards,

Jenny
comGateway Customer Service Supervisor
priomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #2668

They did not admit but it is very sure that credit cards info were stolen from CGW.

Be careful when you use CGW. Better do not save card info at the website.
priomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #2669
Supremacy Member

They did not admit but it is very sure that credit cards info were stolen from CGW.

Be careful when you use CGW. Better do not save card info at the website.
If you use HSG, it's CGW with a 10% discount. And because you must pay with PayPal, CGW doesn't have your CC info.
Old 14-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #2670

I read the news about the Taiwan unauthorised transaction but never heard that the info is obtained from CGW. Any info about it?
liburan_natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.