HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #2791

If you are a first timer, then go with hsg, since you will get discounts with Paypal etc.

For me, I personally feel that hsg charges a bit higher than cgw (they are the same company!), so I tend to use them less. Almost all of my shipments go thru cgw.

Note: I have never tried vPost or BL so I cannot comment on their prices / standards.
thank you thank you. shall give them a try then.
fishofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #2792

Here is another stupid user to confirm vpost is rubbish. I usually use CGW but they don't do deliveries from Europe so I decided to give vpost a try over borderlinx after reading negative feedback about borderlinx, despite also having read tons of negative feedback about vpost (some stupid **** notion about national pride - vpost is part of our national postal service yeah?).

I recommend vpost, IF you have worms in your brain.
humph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #2793
High Supremacy Member

got 1 parcel coming from US by vpost, crossing fingers
didn't use cgw due to the CC fraud saga.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #2794
Master Member

got 1 parcel coming from US by vpost, crossing fingers
didn't use cgw due to the CC fraud saga.
Since that saga, I have been using Paypal to pay for most of my online purchases / deliveries.
SkimMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #2795

Hi, the volumetric weight quoted by hopshopgo is beyond my expectation. Can I ask hopshopgo to return the package to the merchant?
sk2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #2796
Supremacy Member

Hi, the volumetric weight quoted by hopshopgo is beyond my expectation. Can I ask hopshopgo to return the package to the merchant?
Feel free to ask them about any requests u have. I think they have a live chat feature
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #2797

thanks. Just did that and make the return arrangement. Need to pay US5 admin fee + shipping.

Feel free to ask them about any requests u have. I think they have a live chat feature
sk2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #2798

hsg review

im trying out with hsg atm, and i have to say there is really a lot of hidden charges which i didnt expect from them. have to say it doesnt make it a good experience at all.

for example they have repack fees that actually makes it more expensive to repack the items tgt which really dont make any sense.

and when i bought 2 of the same items but they were shipped separately by amazon, they actually came back with 2 different weights after hsg measured them.

there is also fuel surcharge which you cant find on their website.

have to say it is an overall bad experience.
fishofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #2799
High Supremacy Member

im trying out with hsg atm, and i have to say there is really a lot of hidden charges which i didnt expect from them. have to say it doesnt make it a good experience at all.

for example they have repack fees that actually makes it more expensive to repack the items tgt which really dont make any sense.

and when i bought 2 of the same items but they were shipped separately by amazon, they actually came back with 2 different weights after hsg measured them.

That's how most/all forwarders work.

Fuel surcharge is stated on their website.
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #2800

ahem.. if i may be so humble as to point out - repacking them so it makes it cheaper for you to ship.. doesn't make alot of business sense for them either. cos to achieve your standards, someone needs to take all your stuff out, and pack it nicely, and this takes time (have you tried wrapping xmas presents before? i'm sure you'd understand).. and time is money

also.. i'm a frequent shopper with amazon. they like to ship things in big boxes. i don't think this is hsg's fault? if you can, just use amazon free shipping.

if cannot, then only ship if it's cheaper than what you can get locally (i would think this is obvious). if shipping makes it more expensive, then return it - I think you can get them to return it for free once? after that, you should really exercise your good judgement..

If it isn't cheaper..... but you still want it because it's special, then just remember that those goods were not meant for you. they were meant for trendsetting U.S. consumers. that's why it's so cheap. cos when they buy, everyone else around the world will buy too... from their expensive local retailer, who've paid the manufacturer more for those goods. that's how manufacturing works..
Old 22-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #2801
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought two identical items from the same retailer with the BuyForMe service yet one package is slightly bigger. Don't understand how that happens man. Should have just put in one order, basket.
Old 23-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #2802
Supremacy Member

Here is another stupid user to confirm vpost is rubbish. I usually use CGW but they don't do deliveries from Europe so I decided to give vpost a try over borderlinx after reading negative feedback about borderlinx, despite also having read tons of negative feedback about vpost (some stupid **** notion about national pride - vpost is part of our national postal service yeah?).

I recommend vpost, IF you have worms in your brain.
Vpost now like singpost... Sold away le... But share keep gg high high
brownkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #2803
High Supremacy Member

Anyone tried OCBC comgateway shoponline, any discounts or codes?
Old 24-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #2804
Great Supremacy Member

any promo code for borderlinx?
dnsfpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #2805

HSG still got 10% off?
yes, using paypal.
beckhamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.