HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #3001

wah thanks. i didnt know they do repacking that way. i will be buying less than $400 so i dont have to pay gst heh
kahkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #3002
Supremacy Member

1st time using 65daigou for US shipping. 65daigou is indeed much cheaper then CGW as they do not have base charge and the weight are cumulative. The difference is u need to self collect from 65daigou and shipping may be slightly longer (5 to 7 days).

My watch reached today, exactly 1 week after I submitted for shipping. Self collected at their Tai Seng warehouse. Damage is S$4.50 for shipping.

For those who intend to use 65daigou, take note that their chargeable weight is 1.1 of the total weight. As u can see for my case, my watch total weight is 0.3 kg, chargeable weight is 0.33 kg.
Callow Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #3003

My watch reached today, exactly 1 week after I submitted for shipping. Self collected at their Tai Seng warehouse. Damage is S$4.50 for shipping.

For those who intend to use 65daigou, take note that their chargeable weight is 1.1 of the total weight. As u can see for my case, my watch total weight is 0.3 kg, chargeable weight is 0.33 kg.
You are wrong about the chargeable weight being 1.1 of total weight.

65dg uses volumetric weight calculations to charge. I am not sure what figures they are using, some of the shipping companies go by

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/6000

while there are some that goes by

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/5000

or for that matter

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/8000

So before you go on to pick which one to use, 65dg, comgateway or vpost, find out what is their volumetric calculation. Find out of you have to pay fuel surcharge (comGateway charges 9% for nov and dec 2014!!!!!!) and also compulsory insurance (yes, comGateway also charges insurance!!!!!!)

There are bound to be terms and conditions on all these websites so read up or spend more than necessary.

There is a wicked trick you can use at comGateway. They have a liveQuote application that lets you key in the url of the item you are buying to get a quote of how much shipping "SHOULD" be. You can pay to buy this guarantee in the event that you KNOW how big the package is.

cheers
member_2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #3004

new kid on the block, dg65, best for single item, no base cost.

Trying first ebay item with them, and report later, reserving comment for their service quality vs lower rate value:
S$3 per 6000cm3 vkg against S$4.14 per 5000cm3 vkg (25-40% rates discrepancy), assume before any coupon/card/cashback discounts.
Where can I find the volumetric calculation used by 65dg? Thanks.
Old 18-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #3005
Supremacy Member

You are wrong about the chargeable weight being 1.1 of total weight.

65dg uses volumetric weight calculations to charge. I am not sure what figures they are using, some of the shipping companies go by

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/6000

while there are some that goes by

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/5000

or for that matter

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/8000

So before you go on to pick which one to use, 65dg, comgateway or vpost, find out what is their volumetric calculation. Find out of you have to pay fuel surcharge (comGateway charges 9% for nov and dec 2014!!!!!!) and also compulsory insurance (yes, comGateway also charges insurance!!!!!!)

There are bound to be terms and conditions on all these websites so read up or spend more than necessary.

There is a wicked trick you can use at comGateway. They have a liveQuote application that lets you key in the url of the item you are buying to get a quote of how much shipping "SHOULD" be. You can pay to buy this guarantee in the event that you KNOW how big the package is.

cheers

Of course 65daigou will calculate by volumetric weight otherwise they will lose $$.. i only want to highlight that they charge another 1.1 of the total weight/volumetric weight.

Last edited by Callow Guy; 18-11-2014 at 03:05 PM..
Callow Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #3006

Of course 65daigou will calculate by volumetric weight otherwise they will lose $$.. i only want to highlight that they charge another 1.1 of the total weight/volumetric weight.

That's pretty weird. It's like a 10% fee added on 65dg's part. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 18-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #3007

fedex is damn cui. wish they'd stop using them
you can contact cgw cs and tell them to only use DHL for your account, thats what I did. I prefer DHL for their flexible delivery, even on weekends cos usually my stuff arrives in Singapore on Fri night and I wanna get them asap.
laeticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #3008

my order (some tea leaves from US) from 65daigou was sent last friday and have arrived in their warehouse today (in 3 working days). That's much faster than their 5-7working day claim.
adv_illusioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #3009

how's the service satisfaction of 65daigou for US shipment?
Im thinking of using their 'ship for me' service.
yummylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #3010

how's the service satisfaction of 65daigou for US shipment?
Im thinking of using their 'ship for me' service.

i had some issues while using it(ship-for-me) as the tracking number i entered was rejected even thought it worked. Emailed them and took avg of 2 working days for them to reply. One reply was on saturday afternoon though. Eventually, it was resolved after another email.

I then proceeded to ship it on friday afternoon (friday morning in US) and i received an email on tuesday afternoon that it has arrived in their taiseng warehouse. Thats exactly 3 working days unlike that 5-7 working days as quoted(might increase due to black friday/cyber monday).

So far so good. Will update on friday night ~2130 when i collect my item from them.

Last edited by adv_illusioned; 19-11-2014 at 09:30 PM..
Old 21-11-2014, 04:19 AM   #3011

tried www.mygermany.com

Recently I bought a Bose sound system from Germany and had it shipped to India using myGermany. I thought to share the experience:

Comes without saying that before trusting the service I did my best to search information online in regards to this post forwarding service.

I did find some few info, but most of them went back to the product release period when they had many unhappy customers experiencing delays.

Well I personally have been quite satisfied. I think the most stressful moment is when you can see that your item has been shipped to your myGermany address but you can't yet see it present in your account - you really wonder where in limbo is your pricey item, if all of it was a scam!

Then about one day after delivery you see it in your account and can have it shipped.

The parcel has then been shipped with DHL very fast: sent on a Thursday evening from Germany and received on Monday afternoon in Chennai. Impressed!

Price? On top of the standard phone price myGermany asked me for a fee of 27Euro (WOW). I think that is more than fair considering the delivery method.

Also, it's better to get it this way than from an eBay or shop seller because getting from Bose you are sure you get a recently manufactured and original one.

Perhaps I have been lucky. What if my system would have been lost? It seems their official policy doesn't cover the full price if e.g. the phone is lost. But then again their Customer Service told they would indeed refund the whole thing in case.

Bottom line, I am happy I went this way and can recommend it, although if I were able to get it directly from a German store or via a friend living in Germany I guess I'd save all the forwarding stress : )
FishVille likes this.
erik400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #3012
Supremacy Member

i had some issues while using it(ship-for-me) as the tracking number i entered was rejected even thought it worked. Emailed them and took avg of 2 working days for them to reply. One reply was on saturday afternoon though. Eventually, it was resolved after another email.

I then proceeded to ship it on friday afternoon (friday morning in US) and i received an email on tuesday afternoon that it has arrived in their taiseng warehouse. Thats exactly 3 working days unlike that 5-7 working days as quoted(might increase due to black friday/cyber monday).

So far so good. Will update on friday night ~2130 when i collect my item from them.
For e.g. Amazon, the tracking number is not the order number. The tracking number is the Tracking ID after they have delivered.

According to 65daigou staff, their staff will take 1 - 3 days to scan into their system after arriving at their US warehouse.

I think it will be faster to call them at their local number.
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #3013

For e.g. Amazon, the tracking number is not the order number. The tracking number is the Tracking ID after they have delivered.

According to 65daigou staff, their staff will take 1 - 3 days to scan into their system after arriving at their US warehouse.

I think it will be faster to call them at their local number.
i know that too.but since i was able to get tracking detail from usps tracking, i told them about the issue.

oh and i just went to pick up my item. the uncle asked for my phone number to cross check then ask me to check and sign on his tablet.
10/10 will use again. haha. damn convenient to collect myself since its so close.
Old 22-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #3014

i know that too.but since i was able to get tracking detail from usps tracking, i told them about the issue.

oh and i just went to pick up my item. the uncle asked for my phone number to cross check then ask me to check and sign on his tablet.
10/10 will use again. haha. damn convenient to collect myself since its so close.
any agent fee for ship-for-me service?
i used once long long time ago for taobao service.. but that is buy-for-me so there is agent fee.
yummylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 07:41 AM   #3015

any agent fee for ship-for-me service?
i used once long long time ago for taobao service.. but that is buy-for-me so there is agent fee.
none for ship-for-me.

just pay for the shipping
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.