HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #3091

Also, can we transfer packages from comgateway to hopshop or vice versa?
Yup u can. I got my parcel transferred from HSG to CGW.
member_2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #3092

Received this email today. For info only.

Dear Customers,
Over the past week, we have been receiving queries from our customers about their packages, reflecting as "delivered" to our warehouse but not in their vPost accounts. Hence payment cannot be effected. We would like to inform you that our investigations with the US delivery providers show that many of these packages have not been physically received by us, but delivered to a wrong warehouse. Similarly we have also received some packages delivered to our warehouse not belonging to our vPost customers. The US delivery providers have informed us that they are doing their best to put right the situation.

Although such incidents are not within the control of vPost, in the interest of our customers, we have been working closely with the US delivery providers to locate any mis-routed packages that belong to vPost customers. We seek your patience in this matter as we do our best to reduce the inconvenience caused.

Please find below some answers to your frequently asked questions:

How do I know if my package is mis-routed?
If the scan status of your package is showing as 'delivered' but not showing in your vPost account after more than 3 working days, it is possible your package is mis-routed.

What can I do if my package is mis-routed?
Kindly raise an enquiry with the retailer who can request investigation from their delivery provider.

How long it take vPost to process delivered packages?
Extra manpower has been deployed at our US warehouse to process items round the clock. Packages received at our warehouse will be processed immediately, and should reflect in your account within 1 to 2 working days.

Deadline for delivery before Christmas
Today is the cut-off date for the payment of packages to receive your items before Christmas. Please proceed to make payment for all your current packages to ensure you received your packages on time.

What else can vPost do to help me with those packages mis-routed by US delivery providers
For mis-routed packages, vPost has made special provision for all our customers, to waive the base charge of the applicable shipping fee for those packages received after 12th December.

We thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Regards,
vPost
hognairda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #3093

Yup u can. I got my parcel transferred from HSG to CGW.
Thanks so much for confirming my suspicions

I guess as much as i had been bullshitted. Live chatted with them to transfer my items from HSG to CGW, manged to do it months back. Last week, they told me that they was a change in policy and refused to do so. Some silly security system in place where they can no longer transfer even if both accounts are registered in the same name unless i can prove to them that the parcel was sent to the wrong address.

I don't mind if they tell us upfront that they find it cumbersome to do transfer for us. But bullshitting the customer is a NO NO.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #3094

I think you are mistaken. My transfer was in end November. If what they told you was last week, your news is apparently updated. There could really be a new policy to limit how we can make use of our perks.

Thanks so much for confirming my suspicions

I guess as much as i had been bullshitted. Live chatted with them to transfer my items from HSG to CGW, manged to do it months back. Last week, they told me that they was a change in policy and refused to do so. Some silly security system in place where they can no longer transfer even if both accounts are registered in the same name unless i can prove to them that the parcel was sent to the wrong address.

I don't mind if they tell us upfront that they find it cumbersome to do transfer for us. But bullshitting the customer is a NO NO.
Old 13-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #3095
High Supremacy Member

Amidst all the poor service from 65daigou, IMO if they can survive this and get back to normal operations again, they shld still do okay as their rates for small parcels are still good.

Has anyone tried gshipexpress? Their partner is dhl, and got free repacking, which is v attractive to remove all the doubts of the buyer in terms of being charged excessively due to inefficient packaging. Their website nv say got base charge or not.
mokseng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 12:22 AM   #3096

Amidst all the poor service from 65daigou, IMO if they can survive this and get back to normal operations again, they shld still do okay as their rates for small parcels are still good.

Has anyone tried gshipexpress? Their partner is dhl, and got free repacking, which is v attractive to remove all the doubts of the buyer in terms of being charged excessively due to inefficient packaging. Their website nv say got base charge or not.
Gship Express

Did a calculation. An item with actual weight of 1.5kg, box dimension 12 inch x 10 inch x 5 inch would cost USD20.14

base fee USD9.90
Every 0.5kg $2.45USD / per 0.5kg
Fuel Surcharge $0.44USD / per 0.5kg
Old 14-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #3097
High Supremacy Member

Gship Express

Did a calculation. An item with actual weight of 1.5kg, box dimension 12 inch x 10 inch x 5 inch would cost USD20.14

base fee USD9.90
Every 0.5kg $2.45USD / per 0.5kg
Fuel Surcharge $0.44USD / per 0.5kg
Like tt quite ex right?
mokseng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #3098

Like tt quite ex right?
Same item over at CGW would be US19.55. Have not catered for the insurance and fuel surcharge.

I would think quite similar lah.

But the same parcel will be SGD18 or SGD23.50 on 65dg depending on the 1.1 times chargeable volumetric weight.
Old 15-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #3099

if..they..can.. find it. I actually shipped smth to them using 2 day shipping and it hasn't been found after 3 days.
Old 15-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #3100
Master Member

im a first time vpost user, thought with all the perks from citibank, shipping rate should be good. used vpost as my forwarder for my timbuk2 stuff and omg the charges are freaking expensive! can any vpost users share their insights on my costing?

From VPOST:
Category: Bags,
Product value: USD 265.00
Actual weight: 5.9 kg
Chargeable weight: 11.8 kg

Shipping Cost SGD 153.44
Base charge:13.40
Weight charge:84.96
Fuel surcharge:22.42
Repacking charge:0.00
Holding fee:0.00
Customs tax:32.66 - what custom tax? GST? my stuff did not hit S$400 what.

WTF! why is my actual weight to chargeable weight almost doubled? i called vpost on fri but they say call center overwhelmed and will call me back. still waiting for that call and decided to ask here as well.

my friend emailed vpost about repacking the items and vpost's response was:
We would like to inform you that vPost did not attempt repacking of the package. Kindly proceed to make the payment.

Vpost does repack the item under certain conditions and repacking is sole discretion of vpost.

WTF again! First you charge us for repacking service, secondly, since we are paying customers we dont get to choose for our items to be repacked, it is at vpost's discretion?!

can anyone pls share their vpost experience with me? thanks much!
Old 15-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #3101
Master Member

im a first time vpost user, thought with all the perks from citibank, shipping rate should be good. used vpost as my forwarder for my timbuk2 stuff and omg the charges are freaking expensive! can any vpost users share their insights on my costing?

From VPOST:

Shipping Cost SGD 153.44

WTF! why is my actual weight to chargeable weight almost doubled? i called vpost on fri but they say call center overwhelmed and will call me back. still waiting for that call and decided to ask here as well.

We would like to inform you that vPost did not attempt repacking of the package. Kindly proceed to make the payment.

Vpost does repack the item under certain conditions and repacking is sole discretion of vpost.

WTF again! First you charge us for repacking service, secondly, since we are paying customers we dont get to choose for our items to be repacked, it is at vpost's discretion?!

My colleague had some bad experience with them as well. He asked for the item to be destroyed or rejected instead as he doesn't want to pay vPost at all. They finally rejected the item back to Amazon and my colleague got a refund.

I personally have not used their service at all, and am actually afraid to use them.

I've shipped a Timbuk2 bag to SG before, via comgateway. Also horrendous pricing due to the packing. They don't fold the bag in half, just dump it into a big box. Comgateway offered to repack it and so I saved on the shipping. The bag I got wasn't expensive though, only US$29 (after steep discount).
SkimMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #3102
Supremacy Member

Shipping Cost SGD 153.44

USD265*1.3051 (from here)=SGD345.85
345.85+153.44 = SGD499.29; hence GST.
member_2359 likes this.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #3103

From VPOST:

Shipping Cost SGD 153.44

what a rip off ,i ordered from amazon . The shipping is only $18.45 for a mid size D-lux messenger bag.

fivefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #3104
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have a comgateway and borderlessbuys account. They both have the same US address. If I sent items to this address, would I be able to check out using either one?
I sent to CGW but they directed to borderlessbuy instead. My accounts are on different email some more man.
Old 16-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #3105
Supremacy Member

Ordered with 65dg using their buy for Me service. Been 2.5 weeks and still no status updates from them lol.
foo9883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.