HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #3121

Went by 65dg warehouse yesterday to collect my parcel because I know they measured the volumetric weight wrongly. I tried telling them during checkout that the volumetric weight was wrong but they somehow reassured me that it is done correctly.

So when I requested to check the volumetric weight at their warehouse, one of them looked quite unhappy and went on to start measuring. I got my money back.

I am wondering how many parcels get wrong measurements and how many have paid more than necessary.
member_2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #3122

im a first time vpost user, thought with all the perks from citibank, shipping rate should be good. used vpost as my forwarder for my timbuk2 stuff and omg the charges are freaking expensive! can any vpost users share their insights on my costing?

From VPOST:
Category: Bags,
Product value: USD 265.00
Actual weight: 5.9 kg
Chargeable weight: 11.8 kg

Shipping Cost SGD 153.44
Base charge:13.40
Weight charge:84.96
Fuel surcharge:22.42
Repacking charge:0.00
Holding fee:0.00
Customs tax:32.66 - what custom tax? GST? my stuff did not hit S$400 what.

WTF! why is my actual weight to chargeable weight almost doubled? i called vpost on fri but they say call center overwhelmed and will call me back. still waiting for that call and decided to ask here as well.

my friend emailed vpost about repacking the items and vpost's response was:
We would like to inform you that vPost did not attempt repacking of the package. Kindly proceed to make the payment.

Vpost does repack the item under certain conditions and repacking is sole discretion of vpost.

WTF again! First you charge us for repacking service, secondly, since we are paying customers we dont get to choose for our items to be repacked, it is at vpost's discretion?!

can anyone pls share their vpost experience with me? thanks much!
That's probably a reasonably big bag. From experience, the chargeable weight is based on volumetric weight. Therefore, even if the item is light (actual weight) but it is large (volumetric weight), they will go with the higher of the two. As for GST, someone did explain that earlier
thkc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #3123

I am experiencing worse than this, they could not find my package and I have something to declare but the tracking number is different. Everyday I have been calling and till no hope

Posted the following in their FB page:
"vPost is just pathetic and not able to resolve even a simple missing package! I have other articles already on hold since 6 days and 1 article with a tracking number that does not reflect to the one that is still missing! How bloody useless this call operators are. Everyday I have been calling and each day the operator say they don't see the previous day's operator has followed up on the issue with vPost USA.
USELESS! THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I AM USING VPOST!!!!!!"
From experience, DON'T use vpost (apologies for the all caps). Experienced a lost item with them, took ages to get it resolved. Item still lost, all they said was sorry. My last shipment with vpost
thkc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #3124

Just tried to make payment for 12 items at CGW. Am a prime member till sept 2015, but was charge $9 for consolidation. Glitch in their site? Anyone can confirm they are experiencing this too?
raynerho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #3125

Had a bad experience with vShop4U, anyone with great experiences with other concierge services share their experience?
demandous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #3126

order from amazon, i used borderlinx, they ship to me using DHL, 3 day reach my house!
mascot1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 12:27 AM   #3127

order from amazon, i used borderlinx, they ship to me using DHL, 3 day reach my house!
Nice, will try it for next order. Was stuck betweem vpost and borderlinx previously... but was tempted by the misleading advertisement by vpost for xmas delivery.

Anyone else ordered via vpost before 12 dec but didnt receive their packages before xmas?
Old 28-12-2014, 04:39 AM   #3128

Nice, will try it for next order. Was stuck betweem vpost and borderlinx previously... but was tempted by the misleading advertisement by vpost for xmas delivery.

Anyone else ordered via vpost before 12 dec but didnt receive their packages before xmas?
Tracking by UPS says delivered on 7 december until now they can't find my package. Anyone else like this? They still try to blame UPS. screwed up service.
qsgsgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #3129

Tracking by UPS says delivered on 7 december until now they can't find my package. Anyone else like this? They still try to blame UPS. screwed up service.
I was thinking if we can report to CASE.
They said committed to deliver but never say what happens if they didnt commit
Old 28-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #3130

CGW said that their express takes 3-5 biz days?

If it's according to their estimation, it's 7 biz days. And I suay suay had to coincide with a PH + 2 weekends so in total took me 12 freaking days

Thank god I didn't pay a single cent for this.

Or maybe they prioritized paying customers first
expositox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #3131

CGW said that their express takes 3-5 biz days?

If it's according to their estimation, it's 7 biz days. And I suay suay had to coincide with a PH + 2 weekends so in total took me 12 freaking days
Eh? Good leh, at least it's on time. They never over-commit. Although different ppl have great experiences with cgw/borderlinx/taobao... seems like nobody has great experiences with vpost. Haha
Old 28-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #3132

Waaa free shipping!?

Can share if cgw has conceirge services?

Cant believe i paid vShop4u so much for delivery. Should have just paid borderlinx that 5% conceirge fees.
Old 28-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #3133

Waaa free shipping!?

Can share if cgw has conceirge services?

Cant believe i paid vShop4u so much for delivery. Should have just paid borderlinx that 5% conceirge fees.
Yep cgw has.
Register a new DBS card with them got free CGW$10, then Black Friday idk why they give me a free CGW$10 also (my item not even purchased during Black Friday).
So free lor hahaha not bad, they're making a loss serving me this customer.
expositox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #3134
N

Eh? Good leh, at least it's on time. They never over-commit. Although different ppl have great experiences with cgw/borderlinx/taobao... seems like nobody has great experiences with vpost. Haha
its just the holidays making the days feel soooo long. at least the courier is very polite and responsive in Singapore, and got people pick up the phone and give accurate information.

my item plus repack (save money) , plus weekend, plus christmas and boxing day, stuck there almost 10 days already. What to do, their union so strong...not like ours only sell FMCG and build club for FT.

sometimes i would say to myself, if only pay a bit more, no need to suffer this nonsense.... now paid a bit more (compared to other shippers) and less nonsense lor. if you think about how much you saved, it would make you smile.

Last edited by N; 28-12-2014 at 09:42 PM..
N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #3135

Hi, Anyone goods valued above $400 got GST ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.