Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #3181

Just sharing: Borderlinx launching Economy service

"pay only based on actual Dead weight"
wenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #3182

Hi all!

Can anyone give some advice on how to buy from coachfactory? Ive been wanting a bracelet but they blocked my card, refuse to ship to any forwarder Ive got (cgw, hsg, borderlinx)

Even hsg buyforme didnt work..

Please advise!
s0tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #3183

Has anyone had an item repackaged by Vpost before? Do they cut/fold the existing box, or do they use a brand new one?
Hi Clowie,
Vpost cuts the existing box and folds it down.
shoppingaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #3184

WTF vpost
Product value: USD 54.48
Actual weight: 1.0 kg
Chargeable weight: 13.1 kg

Really?!
kudoboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #3185

Just sharing: Borderlinx launching Economy service

"pay only based on actual Dead weight"
just received email blast; details below
Borderlinx - create your own US and UK address and shop online!
Old 24-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #3186
Master Member

just received email blast; details below
Borderlinx - create your own US and UK address and shop online!
Pretty exciting to hear this but I just did a calculation at their site. Based on dead weight of 0.75lbs, shipping is going to cost US$13.13 or S$17.84.

Not an attractive figure for shipping such a small item. The amount is pretty similar to my usual shipping costs with CGW...
SkimMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #3187

CGW asking for feedback on self-collection points...
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/dhlselfcollect

looks like all the forwarders trying to outdo each other; good for consumers
Old 27-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #3188

Going to get some posters and shirts on ebay... Which forward shipper right now would be the best? Borderlinx? CGW?
BlueArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #3189

Hi,

Never use 65daigou before and need some advise here. If I am buying one item only is it better to go with vpost or 65daigou?

If my product from amazon is cost USD 185 and shipping weight between 300 to 400 grams. May I know is the shipping fee at 4.50 only? (every 500g = 4.50)

For the forwarding address, should I use my name or the name that 65daigou provided like Merlion XXXX?

Thanks in advance!
deepblueKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #3190
Supremacy Member

65daigou? good luck. It's not like there's no other option available right now, there are vpost, comgateway and borderlinx.
orlengtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #3191

Pretty exciting to hear this but I just did a calculation at their site. Based on dead weight of 0.75lbs, shipping is going to cost US$13.13 or S$17.84.

Not an attractive figure for shipping such a small item. The amount is pretty similar to my usual shipping costs with CGW...
Hi, I get the customer service calculate for me. for my amazon item, the estimated shipping cost is even more expensive than CGW!!!

Product Dimensions: 5 x 3.8 x 3.3 inches; 12.8 ounces
Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces

Total shipping cost SGD 27.27 USD 20.00

So expensive....

Last edited by deepblueKM; 06-03-2015 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: Found the answer
Old 06-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #3192

65daigou? good luck. It's not like there's no other option available right now, there are vpost, comgateway and borderlinx.
Thanks for the advise.

After I logon to vpost, I can't find their shipping cost calculator. I saw some comments that vpost always charge extra by volume weight. Also, there is no chat room or contact no to call their customer service except feedback form only. What if I need customer service help immediately? (Both CGW and borderlinx have chatroom service for their customer service, what a wonderful service by Sing Post)

Borderlinx, I found out their shipping cost is even more expensive than CGW. what kind of economy mode?

CGW, there is no promotion at the moment and the shipping cost is slightly cheaper than borderlinx only.

So I just trying to find out any other cheaper service other than all the options above.

Last edited by deepblueKM; 06-03-2015 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #3193
Supremacy Member

65daigou ftw.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:39 AM   #3194

VPOST - probably the master con artist for shipping from US

I'm going to share my horrible experience with vpost here to serve as a warning for you guys who uses vpost to always double check what are you charged for.

I shipped almost 1k$ worth of stuff from US within half a year, the shipping fees is starting to become more and more ridiculous. I paid without much thinking or checking for my first few parcels, careless on my part.

Just last week, i received 4 boxes of my parcel after a long delay, probably due to CNY, fine with me.

The 1st 2 boxes that arrived, 1 of my box was totally unsealed, my small items nearly dropping out of the box, the tapes were cut open and no effort made to seal back, the thing is, there wasn't repackaging for that parcel so why was it opened in the first place? Nevermind that, because nothing was missing even though a small item broke.

But the moment i lifted my other parcel up, i knew something was wrong.
The parcel's actual weight was 4.9kg, they repacked that particular parcel, from 12kg or so, into 7.5kg. Upon receiving, i saw that i was charged 7.6kg in my final invoice, that 100g, if they want to earn, i let them earn, but the horror i got was, i paid them $12 to repackage that particular box, yet the minute i opened the box, there was a totally EMPTY, no labels, nothing, totally empty box that measures 12 inch x 9 inch x 6 inch inside. My products are not really fragile, i've shipped more than 10 boxes from that seller for my beauty products, none of my box ever contained an EMPTY box.
I email-ed vpost asking for an explanation why did they ship me an EMPTY box all the way from US and charge me the volumetric weight, just to con their customers?
I shipped from that particular seller since a year plus ago, never once had i met a box that had a totally empty box inside which vpost claim was to protect my items and not their fault because it was packing material?

Their repackaging service is to help eliminate the space that are irrelevant and to help customers save on shipping fees, but that totally empty, no weight, no item, no label, NOTHING box, was left there, just like that, and shipped to Singapore.

Really don't understand VPOST. Is this how they run their business? Because i really don't wish to use them anymore. I know they are more expensive than most shipping companies, i'm willing to pay because my items usually arrive in acceptable condition, and i had a horrible experience with 65daigou where my item came all broken and damaged, but yet VPOST treats their customers like crap, totally NOT caring about what their customer is trying to say, i had to email them 4-5 times before they address my problem, (1st email - CS did not even read my enquiry and thought i was asking about volumetric weight, gave me standard copy n paste reply. 2nd bounced back saying email failed to send, sent another enquiry, replied with photos but cannot attach, their email only accept <2mb and 1 photo is already 1.x mb. 4th email, i gave them dropbox link, they said cannot, fine. 5th email i sent them a total of 7 email since they insist on photos through email, attached 1 photo in each email, then they replied that will get back to me 3 days later, and now 6th email reply me seller's fault.)

If they still refuse to give me a satisfactory reply on why my parcel was unsealed and repacked yet the empty box was not taken out, i'm gonna post everything on social media and on their FB page, which is already full of complains anyway.

I paid 12inch x 9inch x 6 inch volumetric weight because vpost choose to ship me an empty cardboard box from USA.
#vpostwin
xJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #3195

I'm going to share my horrible experience with vpost here to serve as a warning for you guys who uses vpost to always double check what are you charged for.
I paid 12inch x 9inch x 6 inch volumetric weight because vpost choose to ship me an empty cardboard box from USA.
#vpostwin
Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that your bad experience with vpost. That's what I read from many comments and cannot confirm the shipping rate due to no cost calculator from their site, so I decided not to use vpost.

Also, just sharing here. Actually I have logged a case with them to inquiry about shipping cost calculator and what is their contact no in case need assistant with someone rather than log case and waiting for email.

A CS replied to me and confirmed there is no online calculator for shipping rate. She asked me provide them dimension of product and they will calculate the shipping rate for me. Other than that, actually they HAVE HOTLINE which is not state any where on their vpost website. Dial 1605 and selection option 4. Not sure why they don't publish it on their website.

Now, you should call them and settle your case with them directly.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by deepblueKM; 10-03-2015 at 10:41 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.