HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #3196

but i thought CGW were the cheapest :s
Yes, CGW is the cheapest among of the 3 forwarding services. just that I heard 65daigou is much cheaper so I was trying to find out how is the service. I decided stick with CGW since 65daigou is not reliable. Thanks!

My item is on the way to CGW now.
deepblueKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #3197

Hi guys.

There's a 3.5kg parcel (books) that I want to ship from the UK. Using Borderlinx will cost me $68 SGD... Are there other options? Any cheaper forwarder you guys know of?
BlueArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #3198
Supremacy Member

I'm going to share my horrible experience with vpost here to serve as a warning for you guys who uses vpost to always double check what are you charged for.

I shipped almost 1k$ worth of stuff from US within half a year, the shipping fees is starting to become more and more ridiculous. I paid without much thinking or checking for my first few parcels, careless on my part.

Just last week, i received 4 boxes of my parcel after a long delay, probably due to CNY, fine with me.

The 1st 2 boxes that arrived, 1 of my box was totally unsealed, my small items nearly dropping out of the box, the tapes were cut open and no effort made to seal back, the thing is, there wasn't repackaging for that parcel so why was it opened in the first place? Nevermind that, because nothing was missing even though a small item broke.

But the moment i lifted my other parcel up, i knew something was wrong.
The parcel's actual weight was 4.9kg, they repacked that particular parcel, from 12kg or so, into 7.5kg. Upon receiving, i saw that i was charged 7.6kg in my final invoice, that 100g, if they want to earn, i let them earn, but the horror i got was, i paid them $12 to repackage that particular box, yet the minute i opened the box, there was a totally EMPTY, no labels, nothing, totally empty box that measures 12 inch x 9 inch x 6 inch inside. My products are not really fragile, i've shipped more than 10 boxes from that seller for my beauty products, none of my box ever contained an EMPTY box.
I email-ed vpost asking for an explanation why did they ship me an EMPTY box all the way from US and charge me the volumetric weight, just to con their customers?
I shipped from that particular seller since a year plus ago, never once had i met a box that had a totally empty box inside which vpost claim was to protect my items and not their fault because it was packing material?

Their repackaging service is to help eliminate the space that are irrelevant and to help customers save on shipping fees, but that totally empty, no weight, no item, no label, NOTHING box, was left there, just like that, and shipped to Singapore.

Really don't understand VPOST. Is this how they run their business? Because i really don't wish to use them anymore. I know they are more expensive than most shipping companies, i'm willing to pay because my items usually arrive in acceptable condition, and i had a horrible experience with 65daigou where my item came all broken and damaged, but yet VPOST treats their customers like crap, totally NOT caring about what their customer is trying to say, i had to email them 4-5 times before they address my problem, (1st email - CS did not even read my enquiry and thought i was asking about volumetric weight, gave me standard copy n paste reply. 2nd bounced back saying email failed to send, sent another enquiry, replied with photos but cannot attach, their email only accept <2mb and 1 photo is already 1.x mb. 4th email, i gave them dropbox link, they said cannot, fine. 5th email i sent them a total of 7 email since they insist on photos through email, attached 1 photo in each email, then they replied that will get back to me 3 days later, and now 6th email reply me seller's fault.)

If they still refuse to give me a satisfactory reply on why my parcel was unsealed and repacked yet the empty box was not taken out, i'm gonna post everything on social media and on their FB page, which is already full of complains anyway.

I paid 12inch x 9inch x 6 inch volumetric weight because vpost choose to ship me an empty cardboard box from USA.
#vpostwin
i really really really really do feel for you. KNN if it's me i'll do the same **** too. I'll create a new facebook and just keep spamming their facebook post everyday when i'm free.

Knn seriously this is ********. Have you tried calling them and try to meet up of their CSO phyiscally? this way you can bring everything there and fk them up and bang table.

I know vpost is fked but so far it's the cheapest alternative for me as compared to the ones available now. now they even have a 30% coupon code IN032MAR.

You pay what you get . if really want better customer service, just go comgateway but it's not cheap though
xJessie and Peach Tea like this.
orlengtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #3199
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm going to share my horrible experience with vpost here to serve as a warning for you guys who uses vpost to always double check what are you charged for.

I shipped almost 1k$ worth of stuff from US within half a year, the shipping fees is starting to become more and more ridiculous. I paid without much thinking or checking for my first few parcels, careless on my part.

Just last week, i received 4 boxes of my parcel after a long delay, probably due to CNY, fine with me.

The 1st 2 boxes that arrived, 1 of my box was totally unsealed, my small items nearly dropping out of the box, the tapes were cut open and no effort made to seal back, the thing is, there wasn't repackaging for that parcel so why was it opened in the first place? Nevermind that, because nothing was missing even though a small item broke.

But the moment i lifted my other parcel up, i knew something was wrong.
The parcel's actual weight was 4.9kg, they repacked that particular parcel, from 12kg or so, into 7.5kg. Upon receiving, i saw that i was charged 7.6kg in my final invoice, that 100g, if they want to earn, i let them earn, but the horror i got was, i paid them $12 to repackage that particular box, yet the minute i opened the box, there was a totally EMPTY, no labels, nothing, totally empty box that measures 12 inch x 9 inch x 6 inch inside. My products are not really fragile, i've shipped more than 10 boxes from that seller for my beauty products, none of my box ever contained an EMPTY box.
I email-ed vpost asking for an explanation why did they ship me an EMPTY box all the way from US and charge me the volumetric weight, just to con their customers?
I shipped from that particular seller since a year plus ago, never once had i met a box that had a totally empty box inside which vpost claim was to protect my items and not their fault because it was packing material?

Their repackaging service is to help eliminate the space that are irrelevant and to help customers save on shipping fees, but that totally empty, no weight, no item, no label, NOTHING box, was left there, just like that, and shipped to Singapore.

Really don't understand VPOST. Is this how they run their business? Because i really don't wish to use them anymore. I know they are more expensive than most shipping companies, i'm willing to pay because my items usually arrive in acceptable condition, and i had a horrible experience with 65daigou where my item came all broken and damaged, but yet VPOST treats their customers like crap, totally NOT caring about what their customer is trying to say, i had to email them 4-5 times before they address my problem, (1st email - CS did not even read my enquiry and thought i was asking about volumetric weight, gave me standard copy n paste reply. 2nd bounced back saying email failed to send, sent another enquiry, replied with photos but cannot attach, their email only accept <2mb and 1 photo is already 1.x mb. 4th email, i gave them dropbox link, they said cannot, fine. 5th email i sent them a total of 7 email since they insist on photos through email, attached 1 photo in each email, then they replied that will get back to me 3 days later, and now 6th email reply me seller's fault.)

If they still refuse to give me a satisfactory reply on why my parcel was unsealed and repacked yet the empty box was not taken out, i'm gonna post everything on social media and on their FB page, which is already full of complains anyway.

I paid 12inch x 9inch x 6 inch volumetric weight because vpost choose to ship me an empty cardboard box from USA.
#vpostwin
You received all your items ?
So VPOST overcharged you by 7.6kg + $12 ?

Next time maybe you can try CGW/HSG when they have promo.
koreanlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:08 AM   #3200

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that your bad experience with vpost. That's what I read from many comments and cannot confirm the shipping rate due to no cost calculator from their site, so I decided not to use vpost.

Also, just sharing here. Actually I have logged a case with them to inquiry about shipping cost calculator and what is their contact no in case need assistant with someone rather than log case and waiting for email.

A CS replied to me and confirmed there is no online calculator for shipping rate. She asked me provide them dimension of product and they will calculate the shipping rate for me. Other than that, actually they HAVE HOTLINE which is not state any where on their vpost website. Dial 1605 and selection option 4. Not sure why they don't publish it on their website.

Now, you should call them and settle your case with them directly.

Hope it helps!
Hello~
Their email CS is totally BS, they don't even bother reading before giving standard reply, tsk. I want to go down, but singpost staffs at the counters, their attitudes are horrible even though i was there to buy their courier bags, thus i feel even going to them would be practically useless, with the attitude, they won't really handle complains well too i guess.

And yes, their email replies used to be within 24 hours, after i submitted the photos of the empty box and stuff, they start taking 2-3 days before i get one reply that is short and not of help at all.
Am giving them another chance to reply a last email before i call in and scream. Really angry at them!!!
xJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:11 AM   #3201

i really really really really do feel for you. KNN if it's me i'll do the same **** too. I'll create a new facebook and just keep spamming their facebook post everyday when i'm free.

Knn seriously this is ********. Have you tried calling them and try to meet up of their CSO phyiscally? this way you can bring everything there and fk them up and bang table.

I know vpost is fked but so far it's the cheapest alternative for me as compared to the ones available now. now they even have a 30% coupon code IN032MAR.

You pay what you get . if really want better customer service, just go comgateway but it's not cheap though
IKR, i won't even create a new facebook, i'll just use my own account and spam them! to prove i'm not just a troll. got to show it to all their customers how dishonest they are and how bad they are at handling complains!
i'm not sure about how much CGW charges as i've not used them before, but after using borderlinx and vpost, the diff is not big and borderlinx uses DHL which took only 2 days to ship my parcel from US to SG and their first delivery failed, i called and they immediately rearranged for evening delivery, just 2 hours later!
very, very impressed with DHL and if vpost won't return my money that they scam, i'm definitely making it big, post everywhere to shame them and let them keep the money since they need it so desperately that they have to resort to this!
Old 11-03-2015, 01:18 AM   #3202

You received all your items ?
So VPOST overcharged you by 7.6kg + $12 ?

Next time maybe you can try CGW/HSG when they have promo.
my parcel's actual weight is 4.9kg, (actually i weight my items and its less than 4kg so i really don't understand how they weigh the actual.) but they charged me 7.6kg for volumetric weight, but before checking out, it was stated 7.5kg online, and on box print vol. weight is 7.4kg, so invoice they added 200g, and upon opening, there was a totally empty box measuring 12 inch by 9 inch by 6 inch, no labels, nothing inside.
The most ridiculous part was, vpost charged me $12 to open my parcel, fold it in, to minimize the extra space. (repackaging) but did not remove that totally empty box, which took more than half of the space in the box.

anyway, to make things easy, here's the picture of the box when i opened it up.
just so everyone don't get bored of my long winded story

the amount they overcharged me for the vol. weight of that empty box is approx 1.8kg, about... $20? i don't know if that's how you count, and the amount is not very very big, but i'm just angry at how dishonest they are.

Last edited by xJessie; 19-03-2015 at 02:15 AM..
Old 11-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #3203
Arch-Supremacy Member

my parcel's actual weight is 4.9kg, (actually i weight my items and its less than 4kg so i really don't understand how they weigh the actual.) but they charged me 7.6kg for volumetric weight, but before checking out, it was stated 7.5kg online, and on box print vol. weight is 7.4kg, so invoice they added 200g, and upon opening, there was a totally empty box measuring 12 inch by 9 inch by 6 inch, no labels, nothing inside.
The most ridiculous part was, vpost charged me $12 to open my parcel, fold it in, to minimize the extra space. (repackaging) but did not remove that totally empty box, which took more than half of the space in the box.

anyway, to make things easy, here's the picture of the box when i opened it up.
just so everyone don't get bored of my long winded story

the amount they overcharged me for the vol. weight of that empty box is approx 1.8kg, about... $20? i don't know if that's how you count, and the amount is not very very big, but i'm just angry at how dishonest they are.

Source

Volumetric weight of the box = ((12*2.54cm)(9*2.54cm)(6*2.54cm))/5000 = 2.124 kg.
koreanlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:21 AM   #3204

Source

Volumetric weight of the box = ((12*2.54cm)(9*2.54cm)(6*2.54cm))/5000 = 2.124 kg.
Thanks for the calculation!
I need to make them pay me back 2.1kg worth!

and their reply today is, they refuse to compensate but "out of good will" offer me 15% off my next shipment - here's the ironic thing. my credit card offers me 20% off each shipment. why would i want their 15%?!? vpost is ridiculous.
Old 13-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #3205

Does comgateway charge according to volumetric weight or just the dead weight?
Rocket3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #3206
Supremacy Member

Does comgateway charge according to volumetric weight or just the dead weight?
no delivery service will charge by dead weight. If they do, the price will be much more expensive.

For example borderlinx
All you need to know about this new Economy service to Singapore:
The shipping cost is US$14.50 for the first lb and then +US$3,50 / lb up to 22lbs. It's all based on dead weight.
This shipping service is available only in the USA and for single parcels up to 22lbs.
The delivery time is 10 to 12 business days and is trackable.

If you guys really want a safer choice, choose comgateway and do a live quote. This way they will give you a live Gage of the price of the weight, and you can pay insurance to assure that they guarantee the price.
orlengtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #3207
High Supremacy Member

can ship dry pet food a not?
sg too over price. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #3208

Hi,

Never use 65daigou before and need some advise here. If I am buying one item only is it better to go with vpost or 65daigou?

If my product from amazon is cost USD 185 and shipping weight between 300 to 400 grams. May I know is the shipping fee at 4.50 only? (every 500g = 4.50)

For the forwarding address, should I use my name or the name that 65daigou provided like Merlion XXXX?

Thanks in advance!
I have just used 65daigou to ship some products amounting to approx 5kg from US.
Was deciding between using 65dg or Borderlinx Economy but i couldnt get any estimate pricing from Borderlinx Economy service. I figured it is better for me to know how much i am expected to pay which was transparent in 65dg. You can expect the charges to be about 1.1x of your deadweight charges which cost me about $46+ (since there was a 10% discount promo!). I self collected from their warehouse since it was near for me. Still cheapest option for shipping IMHO.

Yes, you need to use the address given by 65DG which is Merlion XXXX etc.
deepblueKM likes this.
benlauhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #3209

How reliable is hopshopgo?

What are some good forwarders in the UK?
BlueArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 02:22 AM   #3210

I have just used 65daigou to ship some products amounting to approx 5kg from US.
Was deciding between using 65dg or Borderlinx Economy but i couldnt get any estimate pricing from Borderlinx Economy service. I figured it is better for me to know how much i am expected to pay which was transparent in 65dg. You can expect the charges to be about 1.1x of your deadweight charges which cost me about $46+ (since there was a 10% discount promo!). I self collected from their warehouse since it was near for me. Still cheapest option for shipping IMHO.

Yes, you need to use the address given by 65DG which is Merlion XXXX etc.
Just a heads up, i contacted Borderlinx few days ago and they told me they removed the economy shipping already. I asked them why was there no notification or informing, they said will send a mass email but nothing, but can see that they removed the details of economy shipping from their web already.
I recently shipped a 1kg+ parcel over, economy quoted me $23.50 and express was $25. So of course i chose express. Economy don't seem to be much different, maybe they realize it looks like a scam so they removed it lol
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.