HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #3211
Great Supremacy Member

Going to call vPost tomorrow..

I simply do not understand why is my chargeable weight 10kg when my parcel actual weight is only 3.1kg?! Similarly, another parcel that weigh only 1.6kg and they are charging 2.9kg?!

In fact, I calculated the weight for the first parcel is only 17.6ounce (approx. 500gm only) while the second one is only 31.5 ounce (not even 900gm, round it up to 1kg lah, if they want tot earn)

Now they are charging me 13kg when my total parcel weigh only 1.5kg at the most?!

What the hell is going on?
stardusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #3212
Supremacy Member

hi all. If you guys really scare about overcharges, use comgateway isntead.

They have this Start Shopping US Websites | Ship Packages to Your US Address | Enjoy Lowest Shipping Rates Worldwide
orlengtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 07:46 PM   #3213
Great Supremacy Member

hi all. If you guys really scare about overcharges, use comgateway isntead.

They have this Start Shopping US Websites | Ship Packages to Your US Address | Enjoy Lowest Shipping Rates Worldwide
Thanks for the link..

I will switch the next time.. but now, it's kinda of as I've already instructed the items to be shipped to vPost...

I really want to know how they calculate the items' weight...
stardusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #3214
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the link..

I will switch the next time.. but now, it's kinda of as I've already instructed the items to be shipped to vPost...

I really want to know how they calculate the items' weight...

Source
Probably the merchants used a big box.
What did you ship ?
If you ship items like bags then this is normal.

Last edited by koreanlover; 16-03-2015 at 09:51 PM..
koreanlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 10:37 PM   #3215

I simply do not understand why is my chargeable weight 10kg when my parcel actual weight is only 3.1kg?! Similarly, another parcel that weigh only 1.6kg and they are charging 2.9kg?!

In fact, I calculated the weight for the first parcel is only 17.6ounce (approx. 500gm only) while the second one is only 31.5 ounce (not even 900gm, round it up to 1kg lah, if they want tot earn)

Now they are charging me 13kg when my total parcel weigh only 1.5kg at the most?!

Don't bother with borderlinx or vpost. Vpost in particular is rather crap.

Been using comgateway for years. Realiable and reasonably priced.
65daigou not bad but website abit annoying. Suggest you use comgateway
Nightgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #3216

Contact your seller to get a brief measurement of the box they shipped in. They calculate base on volumetric weight, thus if the seller used a huge box this may be the case. don't bother trying to contact vpost though email. i tried and my whole issue dragged on for weeks. i posted on their facebook page, replied and resolved within hours.
xJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #3217

Don't bother with borderlinx or vpost. Vpost in particular is rather crap.

Been using comgateway for years. Realiable and reasonably priced.
65daigou not bad but website abit annoying. Suggest you use comgateway
i'm gonna try comgateway instead of vpost after i'm done with this set of shipment that's still with them. comgateway seems highly recommended, but the only reason why i use vpost is due to the discount from credit cards. maybe not worth the risk of their dishonesty afterall. pay peanuts, get grounded peanuts. rather pay and try CGW but they need to offer some promos to entice us to use too.
Old 18-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #3218

We are going to sound like nags but were you aware of actual weight vs volumetric weight? I wont be able to stay angry if I knew I was the one who did not find out what I am paying for.
member_2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 02:11 AM   #3219

We are going to sound like nags but were you aware of actual weight vs volumetric weight? I wont be able to stay angry if I knew I was the one who did not find out what I am paying for.

To be honest, from the way he replied, calculated actual weight, actually i think he's not aware of the volumetric weight thing... and honestly, it's kind of our responsibility to find out how it's charged before engaging the service but... =\
Old 20-03-2015, 12:49 AM   #3220

Review on Borderlinx

I have not really checked for reviews before using Borderlinx a few years back.

Managed to get a couple of shipments back in one piece.

However a few weeks back, I have had several wrong items shipped to me.

Wants me to pay again to send the correct items over, does not want to provide complimentary shipping to Comgateway, wants to charge me additonal USD20 per package plus USD20 for admin fee. It will total up to 200% of what the packages cost. Either pay that or they will very kindly "dispose" of the items for me. Fan"f*cking"tastic.

Customer Service is BullSh"t. Asked for compensation, says ok. Here's a discount code for 15%.CITI15ECO-Valid till 31March- . BUT, discount codes cannot be applied to items shipped to Comgateway. Hence, tried requesting to waive admin cost, they said ok. They will reduce it from 20USD to 20USD. Total Difference - $0.00USD.

Told them I will not be using them again.

Pretty much told me to go F*ck Myself.

Feel free to use them if you have plenty of time and money on your hands.
Here's a discount code for anyone still willing to use Borderlinx, CITI15ECO. Validity till 31 March.
mngbliiitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 06:29 AM   #3221
Supremacy Member

mngbliiitz: What do you mean by 'had several wrong items shipped' to you? And why should they give any form of 'complimentary' shipping to a competitor?
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #3222

You mean... They sent you someone else's stuff?

Sent from BellyButton using GAGT
flexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 03:46 AM   #3223

I have not really checked for reviews before using Borderlinx a few years back.

Managed to get a couple of shipments back in one piece.

However a few weeks back, I have had several wrong items shipped to me.

Wants me to pay again to send the correct items over, does not want to provide complimentary shipping to Comgateway, wants to charge me additonal USD20 per package plus USD20 for admin fee. It will total up to 200% of what the packages cost. Either pay that or they will very kindly "dispose" of the items for me. Fan"f*cking"tastic.

Customer Service is BullSh"t. Asked for compensation, says ok. Here's a discount code for 15%.CITI15ECO-Valid till 31March- . BUT, discount codes cannot be applied to items shipped to Comgateway. Hence, tried requesting to waive admin cost, they said ok. They will reduce it from 20USD to 20USD. Total Difference - $0.00USD.

Told them I will not be using them again.

Pretty much told me to go F*ck Myself.

Feel free to use them if you have plenty of time and money on your hands.
Here's a discount code for anyone still willing to use Borderlinx, CITI15ECO. Validity till 31 March.
Discount code sounds like a normal citibank code to me. trying to just brush you off with a code that can be used by anyone i guess.

why not try this. if you wish to still get your parcel, or a refund, arrange for your own local transport e.g. fedex, pick up item from their location and ship to your other preferred service or send back to get a refund from your sellers, telling them you have issues / reject the goods or whatever. then just pay them the 20$ usd admin fee and never deal with them ever again,
Old 22-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #3224

Looking for someone to combine shipment together (comgateway) for some savings! My orders have already reached the Portland warehouse. PM me.
failmuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #3225
Supremacy Member

Looking for someone to combine shipment together (comgateway) for some savings! My orders have already reached the Portland warehouse. PM me.
You do realize, all you're trying to save is USD8.55 right? (which is the price difference for the first 0.5kg).

Split by 2 is $4.27 each? To save this amount, I ship my purchases to your account? What stops you from keeping them for yourself. Anyone who does so is penny wise, pound foolish.

Would you like to ship all your purchases to my CGW account instead?
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.