HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #3286
Arch-Supremacy Member

What about Gship Express? Based on what they do charge GST?
For Vpost, if the item sent separately but from the same merchant, will they combine the total cost? or still based on each invoice?
per invoice/pkg for vpost, guess the same with gship (cfmed with zodiac)
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #3287

COme come...share share lobang from AMEX and myUS:

http://www2.myus.com/amex50/en?om_ri...&om_lid=amex12

Anyone use their service before?

No one tried their service? I finally looked into their site after seeing the Amex emails for months. There is currently a 50% off discount until 31 May, and you get 2 years free subscription to their Premium Service (which gives cheaper shipping prices).

The best part is that they do not charge volumetric weight (except for oversized items - i.e around 150kg volumetric weight).

So taking my recent package with vpost: 8.7KG in total. I calculated that 4.1kg was charged in excess due to volumetric weight. Hence with MyUS this would be calculated as 4.6KG actual weight.

My vpost Bill was calculated as $73.50 SGD after 25% discount code.

The MyUS calculator shows the price for 4.6KG as 79 USD, and with 50% off it should be 38.50 USD = $52 / $53 SGD with forex fees. $20 cheaper than Vpost, and this pricing is for Fedex 1- 4 days shipping method.

I'm seriously considering switching over as I've had many issues with vpost. Especially during last year's Christmas where many of my packages were delivered 5 days after Christmas and the customer service was completely useless.

Before I try them out I thought it would be good to hear other's experience with this company.

I'm guessing they will open up and inspect all packages since they use DHL and FEDEX, and I'm not sure if you have to send them invoices which would be quite a hassle.

But their pricing looks really good once you ship more than 4kg.
avault1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #3288

No one tried their service? I finally looked into their site after seeing the Amex emails for months. There is currently a 50% off discount until 31 May, and you get 2 years free subscription to their Premium Service (which gives cheaper shipping prices).

The best part is that they do not charge volumetric weight (except for oversized items - i.e around 150kg volumetric weight).

So taking my recent package with vpost: 8.7KG in total. I calculated that 4.1kg was charged in excess due to volumetric weight. Hence with MyUS this would be calculated as 4.6KG actual weight.

My vpost Bill was calculated as $73.50 SGD after 25% discount code.

The MyUS calculator shows the price for 4.6KG as 79 USD, and with 50% off it should be 38.50 USD = $52 / $53 SGD with forex fees. $20 cheaper than Vpost, and this pricing is for Fedex 1- 4 days shipping method.

I'm seriously considering switching over as I've had many issues with vpost. Especially during last year's Christmas where many of my packages were delivered 5 days after Christmas and the customer service was completely useless.

Before I try them out I thought it would be good to hear other's experience with this company.

I'm guessing they will open up and inspect all packages since they use DHL and FEDEX, and I'm not sure if you have to send them invoices which would be quite a hassle.

But their pricing looks really good once you ship more than 4kg.

Hi avault1810,

But I am not sure your us shipping company is a good catch.. 1st, 50% promotion is till 31 May. Take note that discount is a bonus and is not a GIVEN. Company can cut off at any point.

For me, I prefer to look at facts and figures. And if you compare your recommendation myus.com, this is the one I would be fainted by the price.

Based on a 5 kg parcel calculation, here are the shipping cost comparison
(in order of cost)

GShipExpress - USD$34.84
Comgateway - USD$41.05
Vpost - SGD$58.90 (USD$43.62)
MyUSA - USD$80.97 (2.32x more costly than gship, way off scale)

Even myusa with 50% discount is only at USD$40 odd, which got to remain forever in order to use it. If one fine day, the promotion terminates, guess I will be stuck with shipment that need to pay EXTREMELY HIGH cost.

Big NO NO for me.
zodiac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #3289

What about Gship Express? Based on what they do charge GST?
For Vpost, if the item sent separately but from the same merchant, will they combine the total cost? or still based on each invoice?
Gship got charge GST for over SGD$400. I think that pretty standard. Based on your shipping invoice and your declared value.

Think you can get to declare the value of your individual package. So if merchant ships in 2 packages with a similar invoice showing $200 (both from the same order).

You can just declare $100 and $100 for each package or $25 and $175. Really depends on how you want it. Hope this helps.
Old 26-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #3290
Banned

I got a small item from US. < 500g
Seller quoted $25 using USPS to SG ( 6 to 10 days to SG )

Should I use vpost instead which could be cheaper and faster?
derazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #3291

Another vPost Refuses to Repack Story

Here's yet another warning about vPost.

I have a package sitting at their warehouse that's being charged for 8.7 vkg. I know the exact dimensions of the contents, it's just 3.2 vkg. I told them to check for repack, and they sent me this image:

s29.postimg.org/6blhwhrgn/OHG0735_2.jpg

The merchant double boxed the contents. I explained carefully to them how the extra boxes only serve as additional padding and can be removed without harm to my items. I have shipped these items many times before without double boxing. The reply was "the photo clearly shows there's no extra space". I was stunned like vegetable. Clearly never even bother to read what I wrote.

If it's their policy whatever, so be it, but I really cannot stand being treated like an idiot by customer service. Looking for alternative now, been screwed the same way by Borderlinx before. Was quite happy with CGW until they recently where they mis-measured one parcel and another got PIERCED through along with the item inside.
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #3292

Here's yet another warning about vPost.

I have a package sitting at their warehouse that's being charged for 8.7 vkg. I know the exact dimensions of the contents, it's just 3.2 vkg. I told them to check for repack, and they sent me this image:

s29.postimg.org/6blhwhrgn/OHG0735_2.jpg

The merchant double boxed the contents. I explained carefully to them how the extra boxes only serve as additional padding and can be removed without harm to my items. I have shipped these items many times before without double boxing. The reply was "the photo clearly shows there's no extra space". I was stunned like vegetable. Clearly never even bother to read what I wrote.

If it's their policy whatever, so be it, but I really cannot stand being treated like an idiot by customer service. Looking for alternative now, been screwed the same way by Borderlinx before. Was quite happy with CGW until they recently where they mis-measured one parcel and another got PIERCED through along with the item inside.

Hi Gibberish, already walk the path that you walk..
So I am using gshipexpress now. You can consider it.
For gship, they do free repack which I like and their shipping charges are lowest so far. And never encounter such issue like what you are facing.

You can check out their website if interested.
Just my recommendation
www.gshipexpress.com

Quite extreme for your experience with vpost I would say. Coz last time, vpost did not even provide me with photo. haha..
Old 28-04-2015, 07:34 AM   #3293

Quesion. I have a sibei bulky item.
Weight 15.1 pounds,
volume 44in by 10in by 8in..minimum, depending on packaging.
Crom us, which shipping the cheapest.
ckappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #3294

So cheapest is gshipexpress. Any one try ComGateway before? How is your experience?
Old 29-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #3295
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quesion. I have a sibei bulky item.
Weight 15.1 pounds,
volume 44in by 10in by 8in..minimum, depending on packaging.
Crom us, which shipping the cheapest.
wait for 25-30% discount/credit card code from CGW, (usually for newlyregistered only )
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #3296

For gship, they do free repack which I like and their shipping charges are lowest so far. And never encounter such issue like what you are facing.

Just my recommendation

Quite extreme for your experience with vpost I would say. Coz last time, vpost did not even provide me with photo. haha..
Thanks. I already have my first package en route to GShipExpress. I find it really frustrating to always have to argue with these companies over repacking. If they're not willing to do it according to common sense, then don't offer the service. If GShipExpress indeed repacks everything automatically without charge, then they really get it. I believe for those of us who use forwarding services regularly, repacking is the biggest issue we constantly grapple with.

Regarding this vPost case, I got the exact same template reply from a different staff member. I finally got a supervisor to call me, and he was very apologetic and sincere, and gave me a discount even though I told him I'll no longer be using vPost. He also offered to remove the extra internal cartons, but told me by their policy they cannot insure it. I didn't take that offer, what if suay suay this one time really kena damaged?

Regarding comGateway, their customer service is actually fantastic, the best out of all I've used so far. But somehow they made some serious mistakes, and they don't have the best rates. I was going to go back to them, but then I discovered GShipExpress so gonna try it out first.

The mis-measureing incident was like this. I had two subscription boxes from the same service, same month, which you all know are shipped in the same box. They reported different measurements. I wrote to them to explain, but they insisted the merchant used different shipping boxes. I had to wait until I received the boxes to send them photo proof. They gave me some credit. This shows that, pre-shipping, they don't physically check and investigate queries.
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #3297

Any recommended uk forwarders? How is borderlinx ? Anyone tried Forward2me before?
Old 30-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #3298
N

Just my recommendation
www.gshipexpress.com

gshipexpress looks decent, price difference is negligible if u r already prime customer on CGW. the repacking is interesting, look forward to see your review on the overall experience.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #3299

Any recommended uk forwarders? How is borderlinx ? Anyone tried Forward2me before?
I used to use bongo when i ship from europe.
If your item is able to ship to belgium, from belgium to sg is cheaper than UK to sg. (I use bongo previously, they use FEDEX which is really thumbs up... they sms me the day before they will be delivering the next day)

Not the cheapest, but good service.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #3300

gshipexpress looks decent, price difference is negligible if u r already prime customer on CGW. the repacking is interesting, look forward to see your review on the overall experience.
They have website issue, unable to register as new member now.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.