HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #3361

I bought a kindle, a cover for it, and some earphones from Amazon and had it forwarded via CGW. Total actual weight probably less than 400g but volumetric was 1kg. After DBS 10% off and free express shipping upgrade I paid US$16. Is this reasonable compared to the other services?
punggolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #3362
Master Member

I bought a kindle, a cover for it, and some earphones from Amazon and had it forwarded via CGW. Total actual weight probably less than 400g but volumetric was 1kg. After DBS 10% off and free express shipping upgrade I paid US$16. Is this reasonable compared to the other services?
Price is reasonable. You're getting express shipping for $16, what more can you ask for?
SkimMilk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #3363

From my past experience, this is a lucky incident. Last time when I brought my amazon and ship to CGW, amazon ship from different locations and ended I pay repacking fee for 4 packages. (repacking fee x 4 times)..

Anyway free express shipping is a standard shipping. I believe all the freight forwarding companies have this. Gshipexpress, Borderlinux, Vpost, CGW..

I got my package with gshipexpress within 2 days upon shipping confirmation. So I am not sure how express is for CGW. (3-5 days?)
But each person have different views. One thing for sure is i no need to pay repacking fee for gshipexpress. (unlike vpost and cgw).
Old 20-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #3364

From my past experience, this is a lucky incident. Last time when I brought my amazon and ship to CGW, amazon ship from different locations and ended I pay repacking fee for 4 packages. (repacking fee x 4 times)..

Anyway free express shipping is a standard shipping. I believe all the freight forwarding companies have this. Gshipexpress, Borderlinux, Vpost, CGW..

I got my package with gshipexpress within 2 days upon shipping confirmation. So I am not sure how express is for CGW. (3-5 days?)
But each person have different views. One thing for sure is i no need to pay repacking fee for gshipexpress. (unlike vpost and cgw).
I got amazon to reduce number of shipments so ended up having the earphones and kindle cover as one package, and the kindle as another. Yes, the express shipping is 3-5 days. Isn't the repacking by CGW optional? I've never used other forwarders as I've been quite satisfied with CGW. Borderlinx sounds good but the USA address I was assigned to incurred sales tax when buying and shipping from Amazon to it.
punggolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #3365

I got amazon to reduce number of shipments so ended up having the earphones and kindle cover as one package, and the kindle as another. Yes, the express shipping is 3-5 days. Isn't the repacking by CGW optional? I've never used other forwarders as I've been quite satisfied with CGW. Borderlinx sounds good but the USA address I was assigned to incurred sales tax when buying and shipping from Amazon to it.

Yeah, but my selection was from multiple merchants. So ended up with a couple of packages. CGW repacking is optional. But most likely you will need repacking fee, just for the savings on shipping cost. (Amazon packaging is always very bulky). So you save on shipping but spend on repacking fee.

Now, I switch over to gshipexpress.com (my friend recommendation) They give free repacking for your packages. So now, I save on shipping cost and no need to pay repacking cost. Tried 6 rounds of shipping with them. So overall experience, is quite good.

Borderlinux, yes they have tax. So will never use their address.
Old 21-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #3366
Master Member

stoopid vpost updated my package late and i missed vpost $30 voucher for orders above $80. anyone have anymore vpost voucher code?

Update: i used citibank code instead for $20 off CITI2080

Last edited by rza29; 21-07-2015 at 09:23 AM..
rza29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #3367
Master Member

You can actually see if your order at Amazon is being broken into different packages after you ordered. I once had an order broken into 3 packages (all small items). I chatted with Amazon customer service and managed to have 2 items lumped together. The 3rd item couldn't so I dropped that. You can always cancel the order if they are being broken up. Amazon has a 12~24hrs "cooling period" before they process your order for shipping.

BTW, free upgrade to express is not standard shipping for CGW. Their packages are upgraded for POSB everyday or Paypal users, and it's for a certain period, not always.

Haven't tried gshipexpress myself, so can't compare their services. Maybe I'll give them a go on my next shipment.
SkimMilk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #3368

stoopid vpost updated my package late and i missed vpost $30 voucher for orders above $80. anyone have anymore vpost voucher code?

Try this
IN072IND

30% off - expires today though

or RE073IND for 25% off
avault1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #3369

Here's an update to my Gshipexpres from 1 month ago.
I actually received my stuff in time for my trip to Europe so that is a plus. There's no tracking number but they did deliver on a Saturday (my flight was on Sunday).

However when they repacked and measured my package - it was over charged by 4KG!
Had to take pictures and measure and email them and they credited my account (cant get a refund).
Was quite a hassle but at least they did do the right thing.

Overall I'm on the fence about them. The price is good though if you have a small amount of packages to consolidate.

I have to use them again since I have a credit balance with them. Hopefully will be a better experience.
avault1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #3370
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dislike them for sending targeted emails to existing customers, with a good voucher code, that is valid only for 12 days. By the time you shop, processed, ship, delivered and update, already almost 12days. Kiasu, not sincere in my opinion.
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #3371
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looking to ship some education books from Gleim for CIA exams for my girlfriend. The official website quoted me USD76.38 for the 3 books (8lbs or 3.6kg, 19 x 13 x 3 inches) for direct shipping to SG, and USD16.95 for domestic shipping to a freight forwarder address like Borderlinx or HopShopGo.

My concern though, is that going via forwarders will likely incur customs and duties since the book value exceeds the SGD400 threshold value. And overall shipping fees from their shipping calculator will still exceed $80-100.

Any suggestions/recommendations on any forwarders with lower rates or experience in shipping heavy items? A pity Borderlinx's Economy service doesn't apply here.

Many thanks
victorian07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 11:34 PM   #3372

UPS has shipped an article to my Vpost address 24hr ago. Till now, Vpost has yet to update my account.
Anyone encounter same issue now?
Boeing101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 03:08 AM   #3373
Arch-Supremacy Member

Has anyone try out borderlinx dead weight shipping? Is it any cheaper?
http://www.borderlinx.com/SG/bx-sg/e...conomy-service
not really significantly cheaper.

And expect to not get the tracking number. Took like close to 3 weeks for my product to arrive. fugging slow compared to express shipping at 4 working days.

And its only 5 or 6 usd cheaper nia.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #3374

UPS has shipped an article to my Vpost address 24hr ago. Till now, Vpost has yet to update my account.
Anyone encounter same issue now?
They update me at 3am Sin time which is 28hr later after my goods reach their warehouse. Sad. Because of this i lost a chance to receive it next week. Most likely will receive next next week.
Old 28-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #3375

They update me at 3am Sin time which is 28hr later after my goods reach their warehouse. Sad. Because of this i lost a chance to receive it next week. Most likely will receive next next week.
Ok. I just received my package few hours ago.
That mean if you complete your online order with Vpost before US time on Friday, you have chance to receive the package early following week.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.