HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #3391
Supremacy Member

Can anyone advise on a reliable forwarder from US to SG? Decided to stop using CGW after some fraudulent charges and their last screw up last month.

Prefer something with high efficiency

Is Gshipexpress reliable? Can send stuff from Amazon to Gship?
Of all the forwarders, I still find the best is CGW.
But I use HopShopGo instead - it's CGW rebranded with Paypal as the payment gateway, so they never have your CC details at all.
dreant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 03:22 AM   #3392
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just chanced upon this thread and would like to seek some advise regarding my purchase...

My sis wants to buy quite a lot of pokemon figures from amazon & ebay, would it be better to have them all ship to CGW and ship all of them back to SG?

Or separate the shipments? like ship amazon order back first, thereafter ebay order?
silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 03:32 AM   #3393
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can anyone advise on a reliable forwarder from US to SG? Decided to stop using CGW after some fraudulent charges and their last screw up last month.

Of all the forwarders, I still find the best is CGW.
But I use HopShopGo instead - it's CGW rebranded with Paypal as the payment gateway, so they never have your CC details at all.
can also use paypal as payment on CGW too, thats wat i did for my last purchase.

hmm anyway, realised that cgw's shipping charges has increase compared to last yr may/june...
Old 28-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #3394

actually if you dont use CGW, you can use Borderlinx. i use them for my UK stuff now. they're quite efficient...as long as you dont request anything too difficult

i realized most positive posts by gship are by like one or two persons only.. so still waiting for more legit people to come forth with positive experiences before i commit
Old 28-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #3395
Supremacy Member

can also use paypal as payment on CGW too, thats wat i did for my last purchase.

hmm anyway, realised that cgw's shipping charges has increase compared to last yr may/june...
Then you should switch to HSG, because you get 10% off for paying by PayPal there...
dreant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #3396

Been doing Amazon all along using GShipExpress. No issue with it.
zodiac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #3397
Master Member

Other than VPost with buyforme service from Japan. Any other recommendations?

Need to get a pair of shoes from Japan but unable to register. I think need someone there to help me purchase.
kawatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:36 AM   #3398
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just chanced upon this thread and would like to seek some advise regarding my purchase...

My sis wants to buy quite a lot of pokemon figures from amazon & ebay, would it be better to have them all ship to CGW and ship all of them back to SG?

Or separate the shipments? like ship amazon order back first, thereafter ebay order?
hello guys, any advise ?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:40 AM   #3399
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then you should switch to HSG, because you get 10% off for paying by PayPal there...
a quick glance at hsg website, seems that their charges are da same as cgw...

CGW currently also has a on-going promo with 10% off using dbs/posb credit/debit card, until 30th sept rite ?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #3400

Splitting up your orders means more boxes. CGW charges round up to per 500g. all under one parcel would be better / less hassle.

a quick glance at hsg website, seems that their charges are da same as cgw...

CGW currently also has a on-going promo with 10% off using dbs/posb credit/debit card, until 30th sept rite ?
That's because HSG is CGW. just a different website but same company.
addicted-addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:22 AM   #3401

Just a heed up for anyone who intent to use Comgateway, if you have multiple names to ship to the same comgateway address, you need to be careful how you deal with them.

We purchase products from third party merchant, with multiple different shipping names (under our customer names), and ship to our comgateway address. Comgateway has determined that our account is compromised, I not sure how they determine compromise, perhaps they think there is some credit card fraud involve since there are different multiple shipping names.

Comgateway told me that the merchant say that our accounts are compromised, and they are returning the goods back to the merchant.

I have checked with the merchant that they did not demand any return, and my account(s) are still active with the merchant. If there is fraud involve, the account(s) should be suspended. So I am unsure if Comgateway has lied to me, taking matter in its own hand.

I email Comgateway with proof that we have purchase this products with Gift Card (using cash), and they are still not satisfied.

In this case, Comgateway is the judge, and they determine the account is compromised, because of multiple different names. We lose money in this issue, so LPPL.

I not saying comgateway is not good. Just need to be careful if you need to have multiple shipping names that need to be shipped to comgateway.
weeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #3402

Just a heed up for anyone who intent to use Comgateway, if you have multiple names to ship to the same comgateway address, you need to be careful how you deal with them.

We purchase products from third party merchant, with multiple different shipping names (under our customer names), and ship to our comgateway address. Comgateway has determined that our account is compromised, I not sure how they determine compromise, perhaps they think there is some credit card fraud involve since there are different multiple shipping names.

Comgateway told me that the merchant say that our accounts are compromised, and they are returning the goods back to the merchant.

I have checked with the merchant that they did not demand any return, and my account(s) are still active with the merchant. If there is fraud involve, the account(s) should be suspended. So I am unsure if Comgateway has lied to me, taking matter in its own hand.

I email Comgateway with proof that we have purchase this products with Gift Card (using cash), and they are still not satisfied.

In this case, Comgateway is the judge, and they determine the account is compromised, because of multiple different names. We lose money in this issue, so LPPL.

I not saying comgateway is not good. Just need to be careful if you need to have multiple shipping names that need to be shipped to comgateway.
Weeds, in the first place why do you require multiple address?
I honestly do not see the need unless you are doing some business or others..

But based on what you comment, I think CGW is taking matters in its own hand. You may want to check if your items are indeed return to the merchant?

I think you can check on the tracking number of your goods. That should reflect the package status returning to merchant. OR demand the return tracking number from CGW to prove that they REALLY returned it .

At least you can get your REFUND from the merchant if the goods are RETURNED. If not, they are really stealing your goods.

Based on your findings, you may wish to report this to the POLICE with the evidence or approach CASE for resolve.

Just my feedback on your troubled issue.
zodiac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:59 AM   #3403

Yes, we are doing business, and therefore require the parcels shipped under different names so that we can identify easily.

I have offered to send them proof that we use gift card / cash, to purchase this goods, and they are still not satisfied, and deem it as fraud. I have also offered to meet them in office or even offer my number for them to call me, they are not willingly to do so. They only can resolve this issue via email. An email to the CEO, doesn't yield any response as well.

If there is fraud involve, would I be stupid enough to send parcels to my residential address, offering them my phone number and even offer to meet in their office to resolve this issue which may lead to the relevant authority investigation?

I check with merchant, they did not demand any return, so I am unsure how Comgateway say that merchant demand the return.

Comgateway, thanks for the offer, but I am tired of dealing with comgateway again since you all are not willing to resolve this issue with me in the first place. My contact with various reps have difference response, so I am not sure which is fact or lie.

If you all have indeed returned about 20 parcels back to the merchant, I will just sort it out with the merchant directly.

Thank you.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:06 AM   #3404
Arch-Supremacy Member

Splitting up your orders means more boxes. CGW charges round up to per 500g. all under one parcel would be better / less hassle.
yeah i guess so, but my item is a lot for the 2 orders, if ships both back at once probably would be hit by gst.

so not sure wat would be a appropriate way to handle it...

That's because HSG is CGW. just a different website but same company.
ah i see, just saw the " powered by comgateway " label...
Old 05-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #3405

Well, just an update here on comgateway.

Went to sort out refund with the merchant and check with them if they have received the parcels back, they responded that they have not received any returns and didn't generate any prepaid UPS label for any returns. It has been more than 7 days comgateway has said they had returned all the parcels back.

Went to comgateway and ask for tracking numbers of the returns, they are not able to provide me.

Found similar case as mine, though they are 2 years ago.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ra...l#post74856705

I have use several forwarders, and did not counter any issue. This is the first time I am using comgateway and encounter this.

Comgateway maybe keeping goods for themselves, I not sure, I just want to advise users how they are handling their parcels when using comgateway, and not have any issue and lose money like me.

Its okay for end-users to purchase. But my advice for business users who have unexplainable way of purchasing goods, because they need to purchase products in bulk
1) to avoid gst, hence the needs to split orders
2) qty limitation by merchant
3) many other reason, etc.
hence the multiple same type of orders, is to avoid forwarder like comgateway.

Last edited by weeds; 05-09-2015 at 01:33 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.