HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2016, 01:11 AM   #3676
Master Member

Quick question: If they say shipping 3-4 days. DHL accepted in US on Friday, does the 3-4 days taken account into weekend?
aerolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #3677
Master Member

Quick question: If they say shipping 3-4 days. DHL accepted in US on Friday, does the 3-4 days taken account into weekend?
If shipped by DHL today, should arrive SG on Monday. Yes, including weekends.
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #3678
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did anybody have their orders wrongly sent to their vpost address?
xtwis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #3679

Anyone knows if Borderlinx USA can ship back a laptop (with battery disconnected) bought from eBay? Not sure if laptop is a restricted item.

Many years ago, I shipped a laptop worth over SGD 2000 using vpost from USA , and dispite tracking info said it arrived at Singpost processing center, it was declared lost. After a very long complain, I finally got compensated the full sum by Singpost. Never dare to ship expensive stuff with them again.
iosnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #3680

personally, for me, i shipped a dell laptop using comgateway from US, no problems.
MoosePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #3681

Tempted to get a PSVR through Amazon then ship via Comgateway... But do they rough handle your packages? And usually takes how long between receiving the package on their end and shipping?
Eilumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #3682

I think I'm finally done with vPost. I ship very frequently, and every few shipments I get some issue that drags on and on. Most recently, I received two damaged items in one shipment. For one of them, their staff opened up a bubble mailer by slicing open, thereby slicing my magazine inside. I've submitted my claims and no news after more than a month. Monday need to call in and talk to the nice supervisor again, who is about the only competent person on their team. Such a clear cut case (pun intended), they literally took a knife to my item, and I have to chase them for compensation. The other is a rolled up poster that I believe they damaged also when they took out to "inspect".

It's time for me to switch forwarder again, but having gone through CG and BL and a couple of lesser known ones, I've effectively blacklisted everyone. I think everyone who's been doing this for a while can agree all forwarders basically suck. Only one left for me is EZBuy, but somehow don't trust them not to get my things damaged. Nowadays high value items just pay more and ship direct, at least if damaged I can claim from the seller.

Hi gibberish, you can try Gshipexpress. They do free repacking and cheaper to Vpost and CGW. Use them in since my last year Christmas shopping until now. Shipping fast and free repacking. weight per kg cheaper also.

EZBuy, use them long time back. But now it seems like they are focusing on retail rather than shipping. Last time use them once and they screw up during christmas delivery. Not using them anymore.
zodiac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #3683

anyone have experience with Uclick2buy?

Currently a borderlinx and CGW user. But looking for a new fresh option.

Recently found Uclick2buy after applying CIMB bank cards. So curious to know if its a new start-up since I've never heard until recently. How was the service?
lewissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #3684

anyone have experience with Uclick2buy?

Currently a borderlinx and CGW user. But looking for a new fresh option.

Recently found Uclick2buy after applying CIMB bank cards. So curious to know if its a new start-up since I've never heard until recently. How was the service?
How come you want to change? Borderlinx and CGW too ex?

Last edited by natzboyz; 14-11-2016 at 01:58 PM..
natzboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #3685

Hi does anyone wants to share shipping cost with me? I'm planning to ship a pair of adidas sneakers from UK, and now it's in Borderlinx warehouse. Please PM me if you're interested..
slayerkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #3686

personally, for me, i shipped a dell laptop using comgateway from US, no problems.
Tempted to get a PSVR through Amazon then ship via Comgateway... But do they rough handle your packages? And usually takes how long between receiving the package on their end and shipping?
personally i found CGW to be the most premium - so that works if your things are ex. They haven't handled my things rough, but what i've found was that US things tend to be abit dustier, i don't know why? the first time it happened to me, it was when a face mask i got had a dented outer box..when it happened inconsistently across shipments but consistently from specific stores, i figured it was the store itself.

so far CGW, ezbuy, all match things fast, and ship things fast (within 24h). the problem is when they can't find your things due to the package not having your name, or they're just plain lazy (i suspect for ezbuy, it's the latter), such as when you ship whole tables and chairs.
flexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #3687

Hi gibberish, you can try Gshipexpress. They do free repacking and cheaper to Vpost and CGW. Use them in since my last year Christmas shopping until now. Shipping fast and free repacking. weight per kg cheaper also.

EZBuy, use them long time back. But now it seems like they are focusing on retail rather than shipping. Last time use them once and they screw up during christmas delivery. Not using them anymore.
How reliable is gshipexpress? I just checked out their site based on your recommendation and their rates seem to be cheaper than what borderlinx quoted.

Also - if say I want to ship something here that costs about €380, what are the chances of taxation?

thanks in advance
nchyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #3688
Master Member

Also - if say I want to ship something here that costs about €380, what are the chances of taxation?
Very simple, anything above SGD$400 (declared item value + insurance + freight) will be charged GST.
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 11:14 PM   #3689

Anyone able to ship G by Guess clothings from Amazon to SG via forwarder?
PandoraZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #3690

How reliable is gshipexpress? I just checked out their site based on your recommendation and their rates seem to be cheaper than what borderlinx quoted.

thanks in advance
I also using gshipexpress. So far, quite reliable.
Been using them for my business. Their shipping charges are lower than vpost and CGW. And repacking is free if you want to get volumetric weight down.

For your tax, you see how you declare your value.
If got incur tax, it will show on the checkout page.
But same thing, your SGD shipment does not exceed $400.

Value of your item + shipping fee < $400 (no tax)
Value of your item + shipping fee > $400 (7% GST)

Last edited by hwspreee; 15-11-2016 at 05:55 PM..
hwspreee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.