HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #3706

so far i did't use ezbuy insurance before but this year alone i shipped almost 100 kg of items over from USA using ezbuy. so far all ok none got problem.
i only use comgateway shipped laptop once few yrs back and it ok too.
ok la to be fair to them, none of my things ended up damaged (yet), but they also have very dodgy wording on their site for insurance (I checked cos we shipping over $3000 worth of furniture), and indeed their CS staff very sketchy. in the end I gave up and started praying instead.

so far so good.

..an alternative: shop and ship down below is actually not bad -- their CS is in Singapore, and I think they're transitioning from being B2B, so the CS are actually still smart.. unlike the fools at FedEx (who once asked me why I was making his life difficult, when it was his deliveryman who couldn't figure out unit numbers), or ezbuy (who make me wait 30mins on live chat)
flexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #3707
Master Member

I've seen and heard alot of complaints about ezbuy recently online and offline.
iCubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:09 AM   #3708

Just had a bad experience with Comgateway also...
Bought a few small items from Amazon, each of them are like 0.1 to 0.2kg (socks, small replacement parts for my camelbak etc), but they actually round each of them up to 0.5kg first, then sum them up...
Ends up paying 5.5kg price for 1.9kg of stuff... And you know the best part? They actually charged me another 4USD for 'combining the shipment'.

Not sure about what's the policy from borderlinx or vpost, but at least that never happened when I bought things from Taobao.
geanguanxue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #3709

Bought a few small items from Amazon, each of them are like 0.1 to 0.2kg (socks, small replacement parts for my camelbak etc), but they actually round each of them up to 0.5kg first, then sum them up...
Ends up paying 5.5kg price for 1.9kg of stuff... And you know the best part? They actually charged me another 4USD for 'combining the shipment'.

Not sure about what's the policy from borderlinx or vpost, but at least that never happened when I bought things from Taobao.
I've seen and heard alot of complaints about ezbuy recently online and offline.
Die alr la. haha all my packages are coming in, and their support tells me rubbish like today is 7 December, your stuff arrived on 6 December, we are still clearing stuff from 2 December. Like it's my fault that their business is too good to handle.

And on a separate note, they found "meat" in the package of dog stuff i got - probably treats from the seller, and called the whole thing invalid to ship. I said to discard the meat content, but they suddenly tell me they can't tell me anything because there are "no updates in the system".

It sounds like they are a bunch of imbeciles being controlled via their hair like in Ratatouille.

I mean comgateway is expensive at a starting price of USD11, but at least when poop hits the fan, SOMEONE TAKES THE RAP within 24 hours, or you get some money back.

If i calculated all the time I've spent trying to work things out with ezbuy, CGW is probably gg to be cheaper.
flexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #3710

Which is the best usa forwarder now?
wishesgranted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #3711
Supremacy Member

myUS good ornot?
Old 15-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #3712
Arch-Supremacy Member

Trust me, having experienced how shyt Vpost is. Don't ever use them. Wonder how some of your parcels can go missing? Guess what, I've had mysterious packages delivered to my suite before.
Old 16-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #3713
Master Member

Sounds like you are very new with CGW. Your so-called bad experience are those supposed to be expected on how CGW calculates their fees/weights/etc. This is not a bad experience, this is ignorant, since all of them are clearly stated. If you weren't aware, that's not CGW fault, hence not bad experience. Bad experience is something like package lost/damaged, delayed response, unable/reluctant to solve issues/problems, etc. Those you mentioned above were not issues.

Minimum weight for CGW is 0.5kg regardless if actual/volumetric weight is less than that. All weights are also rounded up to nearest 0.5kg. Read here http://www.comgateway.com/rates-and-fees.

How many packages did you combine? For Standard account max is 3 packages, with additional $1 for each package thereafter. Again read here http://www.comgateway.com/rates-and-fees.

Different forwarders/merchants have their own policy, I suggest you to read their policies carefully next time, especially their rates and how they handle weights, package combination, etc.
kokitty and brandnewrock like this.

Last edited by batboyz; 16-12-2016 at 10:57 AM..
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 06:59 PM   #3714

is there any promo going on for CGW?
DMC_Coolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #3715

I use borderlinx so far no complaints
Pacman7365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 03:31 AM   #3716

GShip Express

Hi there,

I was googling Gship Express and this post came up.

So my story is, i ordered some stuff from UK and they shipped to the warehouse in UK, Gship express sent me an email informing me it had arrived and so i immediately went to the site and asked them to ship to me, so i paid all the shipping cost and etc.
The status has been in progress or shipping in progress since 26 Dec till now. I am getting quite worried that maybe this site is a scam or something and that my expensive items will never arrive from the UK.
I tried calling their UK number, not in use. Email customer service, no reply.
Do share with me how you managed to solve the issue or was there someone u managed to speak to, would be a great help.

Thank you very much!
w0shic0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #3717

Hi guys I would like to know if borderlinx allow other payment method now? or only citibank
darenlua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #3718

I want to buy an item from Amazon.jp. What is a good forwarder to use?

I see that Vpost, Prouter and Personalshopperj are available. Any of these I should avoid?
Shahmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 02:08 AM   #3719
Master Member

I want to order some stuff from Hong Kong and the only ones that I know of is borderlinx which requires a Citibank card and shopandship which is an Aramex company in Dubai but sign up membership fees are 45USD. Got any other forwarding places with Hong Kong locations?
CyberMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #3720
Master Member

I want to order some stuff from Hong Kong and the only ones that I know of is borderlinx which requires a Citibank card
Huh? Borderlinx accepts visa, master, paypal, etc http://www.borderlinx.com/en/pages/faq/payment-options. Not just Citibank cards. Where did you get your info from?
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.