HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #3751
Master Member

[QUOTE=stiwipl;109346553]

Wow, what a rip off. But Borderlinx has ripped me off as well and rejected repacking clothes...

I still don't understand why you guys are not using ShopAndShip. In your example, 3.5kg shipment would cost you the total of S$45. I have no physical ability to test it out in Singapore, since I moved to Dubai (where I discovered S&S since it is UAE company), but this is what I would be using in SG too.

S&S doesn't charge by volumetric weight but by physical (real) weight. Lifetime membership cost US$45 but you can get it for free with the coupons located here.

Please check S&S rates here, details below:

Seriously, is vPost or CGW cheaper than that?
The only S&S con is that they do not offer consolidation. Delivery is by Aramex courier.
ezbuy is cheaper. It's good alternative if you buy in places not supported by ezbuy. Actually there is a cheaper alternative with good options, but I can't remember the website right now. Most importantly signup is free.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by CyberMew; 24-07-2017 at 10:23 AM..
CyberMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #3752

ezbuy is cheaper. It's good alternative if you buy in places not supported by ezbuy. Actually there is a cheaper alternative with good options, but I can't remember the website right now. Most importantly signup is free.
It may be cheaper, but they charge by volumetric weight, not real weight like ShopAndShip. Beside with S&S you get addresses in 22 countries. Sign up is free with S&S with promo codes I gave above.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #3753
Master Member

Hard to compare S&S and CGW, since CGW is using DHL/Fedex compared to S&S that is using Aramex. Different service level and shipping time. Personally, I prefer DHL. DHL is the best in SG at least.

Comparing just the rates, CGW rates fluctuates from our perspective, since their rates are in USD compared to SGD for S&S.

In addition, I noticed S&S warehouse in US is in NYC. NY is not a tax-free state, unlike CGW's warehouse in Oregon which is a tax-free state.

Last edited by batboyz; 11-08-2017 at 03:41 PM..
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #3754

Has anyone tried Vshop4u?

I'm tryin to ship 3 stethoscopes from a USA website, and I've never tried any parcel forwarding services before, but I'm rly quite hesitant to use Vpost or any of the other services after reading all these nightmare reviews...

Has anyone tried vshop4u before? It's run by vpost, where they'll help me buy the item from the website I want and handle everything. They claim that they'll give me an "all-inclusive, guaranteed price quote" (which im assuming includes delivery to singapore), but how can they give me a quote if they don't even know how heavy or large my parcel is? What if they rip me off and demand further payment for delivery after I pay for my stethoscopes (via vshop4u)?

Edit: I looked at some other threads and saw that ppl recommended gshipexpress cos it's more reliable, have any of you tried it before?

Last edited by inspirit; 29-08-2017 at 11:35 AM..
inspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #3755

Shipping from jackspade

Hi,

I am trying to acquire some jackspade item from US and heard from some friends that jackspade does not allow shipping to a proxy address. May I know if these is any forwarder that can do the shipping from us to sg for Jackspade ?
phodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:09 AM   #3756

Process of order - shipment - receiving

Hi,

sorry if this sound too noob. Fact is, ive never sent my online orders through other forwarding companies, but as ill have to "purchase" a couple of ebay items worth USD 1500 each, i was hoping to know what to do to reduce the entire cost involved.

So, are the following the correct steps:-

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc),

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay? how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged?

appreciate your time to provide some guidance.

cheers!
plsoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #3757

Hi,

I have provided my answers to your questions in red. Hope this helps!

Hi,

sorry if this sound too noob. Fact is, ive never sent my online orders through other forwarding companies, but as ill have to "purchase" a couple of ebay items worth USD 1500 each, i was hoping to know what to do to reduce the entire cost involved.

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc), Yup.

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above. Yup.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay? Yes, they will inform you when the item arrived at their warehouse.how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged? It depends on whether the forwarder provides re-packing service.

cheers!
yongster84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #3758

Hi could anybody help me, i'm trying to ship some spare light bulbs over from Mathmos UK but i got rejected both by Comgateway and Vpost.

Anyone got any lobang how to ship stuff over from UK? Seems like there's a problem with taxes and surcharge with comgateway and vpost...

Really needing those bulbs dearly!
Greenworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #3759
Supremacy Member

Hi could anybody help me, i'm trying to ship some spare light bulbs over from Mathmos UK but i got rejected both by Comgateway and Vpost.

Anyone got any lobang how to ship stuff over from UK? Seems like there's a problem with taxes and surcharge with comgateway and vpost...

Really needing those bulbs dearly!
U got try the vpost UK address? I sent via vpost UK before. Very expensive
hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #3760

I bought something off Grailed.com and the seller shipped via USPS insured to CGW. Instead of shipping to PORTLAND, OR, 97252. They sent it to PORTLAND, OR, 97238. What's happening.
manXeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #3761
Featured Sponsor for Ratings Boards

Lightbulb For Regular Shippers, Here's a Great Option

Hi plsoong
Your items are high-value, so make sure your forwarder has shipment insurance just in case. Our service, Shopandship.com, provides free shipment protection of up to USD100. For USD 100 and up to USD 2500, the protection fee will be 1%.

For Regular Shippers, you may check out our FLEX membership which entitles you to free shipment protection and large cost savings with shipping fees calculated at per 100g basis only.

Example: Many forwarders charge by per 500g, so even if your shipment weight is 1.6kg, you would need to pay for 2kg. For our FLEX membership, members only need to pay rates for 1.6kg exactly.

Shop & Ship Flex Rates (Actual Weight):
Ship from US & UK at
S$9 for the first 100g
S$1 for each additional 100g

Above 3kg - Special Rate
S$4 per 500g

Find out more at our website

Hi,

I have provided my answers to your questions in red. Hope this helps!
Hi,

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc),Yup.

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above.Yup.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay?Yes, they will inform you when the item arrived at their warehouse. how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged?
It depends on whether the forwarder provides re-packing service.

cheers!
ShopandShip.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #3762
Master Member

Hi just to check does best buy ship to comgateway?
Or any forwarded that they do?
George Soros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #3763

Anyone use MyUS? Tried to buy a gpu from nvidia store with comgateway, it always failed and came with error "Payment authorization failed, please try again or use another payment method."

Not sure if use other shipping vendor can help or not...
Old 29-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #3764
Supremacy Member

Anyone use MyUS? Tried to buy a gpu from nvidia store with comgateway, it always failed and came with error "Payment authorization failed, please try again or use another payment method."

Not sure if use other shipping vendor can help or not...
means they probably accept US-only credit cards.
you probably need to use the BuyForMe service in ComGateway (which means paying a % more for the item you want)
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #3765

means they probably accept US-only credit cards.
you probably need to use the BuyForMe service in ComGateway (which means paying a % more for the item you want)

That sucks........
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.