HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #3841

First time using US forwarder, HopShopGo and seems like they always charge the weight as 3x more than it actually is? The live quote gave me 14kg for a 5kg item (that is usually packed in a box that is to size) and my recent package weighing 0.5kg was charged as 1.5kg. The DHL tracking even states that its weight is 1lbs.

Also what's the difference between HopShopGo and ComGateway if they're both ComGateway? I thought it was because HopShopGo accepts paypal but apparently CGW accepts paypal too

EDIT: The package arrived and boy the volumetric dimensions are crazy! Also the DHL guy actually sent my package to my neighbours who just took it! I had to walk over and intercept. He didn't even check identity and just asked for name which they could have easily gotten by looking at the box he already passed to them

Last edited by Tacky667; 11-12-2018 at 01:19 AM..
Tacky667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #3842

Anyone tried purchasing off ebay recently? The vpost address given not recognised by USPS, ebay suggested diff address...
spectrearc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #3843

Anyone tried purchasing off ebay recently? The vpost address given not recognised by USPS, ebay suggested diff address...
Yeah for some reason the address given by VPOST is not compliant with the USPS addressing format. It's better to use the ZIP+4 so the package can be routed better. I normally use the following for Amazon shipments:

FIRSTNAME LASTNAME-SGXXXXXXX
18432 NE SANDY BLVD
STE 5001 SGXXXXXXXX (your VPOST mailbox number)
PORTLAND, OR 97230-6835

I have no idea why Multnomah county needs to be added in line 2 of the address when the zip code will do.

STE stands for "SUITE" which is an (American English) abbreviation for secondary unit within a building something like an apartment number.

I stick the VPOST number on the last name field to avoid it getting truncated.

Always check the UPS/USPS label printout when your VPOST box arrives to check if the address is getting printed properly.

You can check the following link for USPS addressing compliance:
tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

Common postal abbreviations are here:
pe.usps.com/text/pub28/28apc_002.htm

I've not had ebay shipments go to the VPOST address but just be aware that some ebay sellers may not be willing to ship to freight forwarders.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Out of curiosity I looked at Google Street View to figure out what the warehouse looked like, it's near PDX and a couple of Costco and Albertsons distribution centers...
eightyhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #3844

For ebay shipments, is it worth going through such forwarders, or just directly use their Global shipping?
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #3845

won't use uclick2buy

I just signed up for Uclick2buy and decided to send them an inquiry. They mentioned there was a welcome voucher but I did not see it in my profile. So I decided to email and ask. This is what I got.

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to customersupport@uclick2buy.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
CyberMew likes this.
haans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #3846

Anyone knows if gshipexpress is still operational? Item seemed to have been delivered to them by eBay seller since a week ago but website still doesn't reflect arrival. Anyway to claw back if site is dead?
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:07 AM   #3847
Master Member

any forwarder to recommend for shipping of stuffs from amazon uk?
android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #3848

I just received my parcel from comgateway, it was really well packed
Doubleuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #3849
Master Member

its been 1 week since my i paid my shipping and item still at uclick2buy warehouse shipping a backpack from usa to here cost $70 i might as well do direct delivery next time
Spladox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 12:34 AM   #3850
Supremacy Member

this thread like not much chat nowadays...
everyone switch to taobao already ah? LOL
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 03:36 PM   #3851
Master Member

Any forwarders that supports bestbuy.com? looking to buying hdd from best buy...
Old 26-04-2019, 03:23 PM   #3852

Never use vpost. You need to wait long long for the item to be tagged to your account. unprofessional customer service
agustino.lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #3853

Hey!

Please help me to make a choice here. I've no idea of which shipping service to use. Vpost, borderlinx or comgateway?? Do share w me your experience if you have used them! THANKS!
Say no to vpost. Really terrible service
agustino.lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #3854

yeah I experienced it too.

their promo is also not very clear. they some discount but they dont publish fine print like minimum ship amount required

Never use vpost. You need to wait long long for the item to be tagged to your account. unprofessional customer service
warehaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #3855

Dropping by again to mention how happy I am with ComGateWay, especially with their OneBox service that combines multiple packages into 1, and they also remove all unnecessary space (got pros and cons), saving a bit of money from the combined shipment (depends on how much air and empty space the original packages can be cut down from).

Have been shipping once every 1-2 months. Maybe next time I'll take a picture of the package next time.

Also, kind of feel deserving that Borderlinx has went down, especially after what they did to my previous package:

felali is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.