HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #496

anyone knows of any besides Borderlinx that does concierge for UK shipping?

The item I'm looking for has run out at the US website n is only available on their UK website. *cries*
Looking for one too. Just asked this at the bottom of my long post three posts ago, so hopefully someone can find something.

Can't use Borderlinx cause I don't have a Citibank credit card.
KidOcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #497

How does comgateway charge gst??
Declared value + shipping + insurance??
my orders as followed Total Declared Value:US$ 253.32 and US$29.08 for shipping n insurace.
i wont be charged gst will i? n how they calculate xchange rate?
islubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #498
Arch-Supremacy Member

How does comgateway charge gst??
Declared value + shipping + insurance??
my orders as followed Total Declared Value:US$ 253.32 and US$29.08 for shipping n insurace.
i wont be charged gst will i? n how they calculate xchange rate?
yes, GST is based on CIF (cost insurance freight) value, as per regulations. as far as i know, CGW will include any calculated GST into the shipping and insurance quote.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #499
Arch-Supremacy Member

after 3 experiences with vpost in the past.
I've been using cgw the last 3 times..pleasant, fast, but somewhat costing and weighing a little unfair...Merchant;s parcel delivery reads 2.0 lbs, cgw weighs 1.02 kg, and rounded to 1.5kg on 2 pkgs.
Now reverting to vpost for a few tries, to recoupe my lost faith with them.
Also due to pro-rated weighing and gst based on individual itme or invoice, to lower overall costs..

will report their improvement if any.
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #500
High Supremacy Member

4days so fast? i ordered in amazon on 15april, delivery estimated is 21-Apr to 23 April leh, you mean it could be earlier? sorry for the question 1st time order from overseas. please be patient with me
4 days is from USA to get to you, not from amazon to forwarder.
Old 21-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #501
High Supremacy Member

No comment on customer service or anything yet, but their high costs are quite a turn off, so might not be using them again. Will stick to vPost's crappy invoice e-mail system if I have to.

Always wanted to try Borderlinx too, cause it's the only one of the three that does conceirge for UK, but they're not accepting my Citibank debit card for now.
Does anyone know of any other UK conceirge services?

the hassle to go pick up yourself as well as unable to deliver at your appointed time is already a big turn off. dhl can always arrange to deliver between 7pm to 10pm when most are already home. don't you think that's a good plus point?

of course vpost has it's more useful plus point as well which i shan't mention here.

anyway, why don't you get a citi clear card? income of 18k can get already with $500 limit.
Old 21-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #502
High Supremacy Member

one quick qns on borderlinx

can i pay the merchant other than citi CC?

do i need to do anything after i ordered from a website. eg input a invoice number into my borderlinx account?
to buy from merchant, it's between you and merchant. borderlinx is only responsible to ship the item to you.

unless you order through their concierge service, then you have to pay using citi cc.
Old 21-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #503
High Supremacy Member

after 3 experiences with vpost in the past.
I've been using cgw the last 3 times..pleasant, fast, but somewhat costing and weighing a little unfair...Merchant;s parcel delivery reads 2.0 lbs, cgw weighs 1.02 kg, and rounded to 1.5kg on 2 pkgs.
Now reverting to vpost for a few tries, to recoupe my lost faith with them.
Also due to pro-rated weighing and gst based on individual itme or invoice, to lower overall costs..

will report their improvement if any.
bro, go with borderlinx ba.
Old 21-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #504
Arch-Supremacy Member

bro, go with borderlinx ba.
The State tax 6-7% alr + kg rounded upwards + slightly 10% higher cost to cgw (more to vpost) + total cannot >$400 alr jitao sian Liao.
It's like the combis of the worst practices of the other two. Mmw mai
Old 21-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #505
Arch-Supremacy Member

The State tax 6-7% alr + kg rounded upwards + slightly 10% higher cost to cgw (more to vpost) + total cannot >$400 alr jitao sian Liao.
It's like the combis of the worst practices of the other two. Mmw mai
what state tax are you referring to? I've never been hit with any for Borderlinx (nor CGW).
Old 21-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #506

the hassle to go pick up yourself as well as unable to deliver at your appointed time is already a big turn off. dhl can always arrange to deliver between 7pm to 10pm when most are already home. don't you think that's a good plus point?
Well, to be honest, sometimes that's kind of a plus point for me. Cause I do order a lot online, I'd rather they not deliver straight to my home otherwise my parents will nag at me for buying stuff online again, or worse, have to trouble themselves to sign all those notices when they receive for me when I'm not home (more nagging about the hassle ), so it's better sometimes for the courier to just leave the delivery notice and I go pick up at the nearby post-office on the weekend.

I do realise I am the minority in that since most would rather just receive it on their doorstep right away, but I'm lucky in that my post office is like a 5 minute walk away, so even if I get bulky boxes it's not too bad carrying it back.

Speaking of CGW's DHL service, my package from them is shown to have arrived at the DHL facility and is now with the delivery courier, but contrary to what their e-mail said, no one has called me or anything to schedule a delivery. Am I supposed to call them myself? Or are they already delivering to my home now?
Old 21-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #507
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which email promised you a follow up call to schedule delivery?

you have to call 1800 285 8888 and schedule a delivery slot yourself, if not DHL will just deliver at their earliest convenience.
Old 21-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #508
Arch-Supremacy Member

what state tax are you referring to? I've never been hit with any for Borderlinx (nor CGW).
State tax i think 6.5% for ohio (borderlinx) is sts absorbed by some merchants, or alr included in price. Other merchants for different pdts may charge VAT.
Old 21-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #509

Which email promised you a follow up call to schedule delivery?

you have to call 1800 285 8888 and schedule a delivery slot yourself, if not DHL will just deliver at their earliest convenience.
After I paid for the consolidated delivery, CGW sent me an automated e-mail with the header "Your shipment is on its way to you!"

And after the summary of packages within,
"What's Next? - Delivery! Our shipping agent will call you to agree a convenient time."

So yeah.. This being my first experience with CGW, I wouldn't know better.
Old 21-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #510

Ok, my shipment from CGW/DHL arrived, and it's the first and last time I'll be using CGW, or at least their useless concierge service.

First bad enough they took the wrong shipping option when I specified to opt for free shipping cause I specially added some small items to my order from the merchant to make up US$100 and qualify for free shipping (the extra items actually cost less than shipping).

Well stupid CGW still went ahead and selected express shipping, making the extra items redundant cause I didn't need them afterall if I was gonna go for express shipping. So in all I paid over US$20+ extra.

Then now, when my order is finally delivered to me, I find that those fools actually ordered the wrong item for me.

I ordered the special edition of a game and they ordered the bloody standard edition for me. Brand new copies of the special edition now go for over twice the original price. Unless they're gonna buy back this standard edition from me and buy me a special edition to make up for their error, that is some screwed up service on their part.

And yes, I checked the order confirmation they sent me - they actually confirmed that they ordered the special edition, but looking at the screenshot of their order now, they ordered the normal one.

So yeah, would highly NOT recommend Comgateway at all. Pay so expensive for nothing.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.