Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #511

Anyone can advise on their BuyforMe % charges
Old 21-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #512
Arch-Supremacy Member

After I paid for the consolidated delivery, CGW sent me an automated e-mail with the header "Your shipment is on its way to you!"

And after the summary of packages within,
"What's Next? - Delivery! Our shipping agent will call you to agree a convenient time."

So yeah.. This being my first experience with CGW, I wouldn't know better.
good spot, I've never realised it was there. Well, now you know what to do!
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #513
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok, my shipment from CGW/DHL arrived, and it's the first and last time I'll be using CGW, or at least their useless concierge service.

First bad enough they took the wrong shipping option when I specified to opt for free shipping cause I specially added some small items to my order from the merchant to make up US$100 and qualify for free shipping (the extra items actually cost less than shipping).

Well stupid CGW still went ahead and selected express shipping, making the extra items redundant cause I didn't need them afterall if I was gonna go for express shipping. So in all I paid over US$20+ extra.

Then now, when my order is finally delivered to me, I find that those fools actually ordered the wrong item for me.

I ordered the special edition of a game and they ordered the bloody standard edition for me. Brand new copies of the special edition now go for over twice the original price. Unless they're gonna buy back this standard edition from me and buy me a special edition to make up for their error, that is some screwed up service on their part.

And yes, I checked the order confirmation they sent me - they actually confirmed that they ordered the special edition, but looking at the screenshot of their order now, they ordered the normal one.

So yeah, would highly NOT recommend Comgateway at all. Pay so expensive for nothing.
B4 u make yr buy4me payment, I trust they would hv given u a manifest of the items to be bought?..if it has been wrong, wouldn;t the amount hv differed by the cents you intended? And in so doing, question them b4 making payment.

Said can be said with vpos, I send my vConcierge, for 4 weeks liao, no confirmation of recieipt of concierge service, no reply...I was amazed, wtf.
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #514
Arch-Supremacy Member

Exclamation

Just to share something

Only for first timer using BL...and have Citi cc and had NEVER used BL (and their ridiculous charges) before..or those looking for their ridiculous hard to find shipping discount code...well, Citi have a promo till end of this mth which I saw on the my current mth statement...which I proceed to email them to find out more as I couldn't find any info... below is the correspondence with them....

re: Dear Mr Ashley

We wish to inform you that to be eligible for the promotion, you:

- must hold Citibank credit cards
- must not be Citi Globeshopper customer or have not used Citi
Globeshopper service in the past 2 years..
- must use Citi Globeshopper to ship your merchandises from our US or UK
sites to Singapore addresses
- shipping charge must be charged to Citibank credit cards during the
promotion period (01-30 April 2011)

Should you have any queries, alternatively, you may call our 24-Hour
CitiPhone Banking at 6225-5225.

Thank you for banking with Citibank.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Form Message
subject:Re:Enquiry on Product Promotions

Comments:Hi Meeshani,

Yes I do hold a Citi cc and I had used Citi Globeshopper for the
first time on 13th Apr to ship out from the the Globeshopper US suite to
Singapore. So does that mean I qualify and the cashback rebate will be
reflected in my upcoming statement?

Thanks

Yours sincerely

Meeshani Visvalingam
Client Correspondence

re: Dear Mr Ashley

Kindly be informed that 25% of the shipping charges will be credited
into eligible cardholder's credit card account within 2 months after the
campaign period ends (30 April 2011).

Thank you for banking with Citibank.

Yours sincerely

Kokilavani Ravi
Client Correspondence

Last edited by AshleyRiot; 22-04-2011 at 01:36 AM..
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #515

B4 u make yr buy4me payment, I trust they would hv given u a manifest of the items to be bought?..if it has been wrong, wouldn;t the amount hv differed by the cents you intended? And in so doing, question them b4 making payment.

Said can be said with vpos, I send my vConcierge, for 4 weeks liao, no confirmation of recieipt of concierge service, no reply...I was amazed, wtf.
Exactly, they sent me an e-mail with the actual header "Your comGateway Order XXXXXX - Placed", with all the line items supposedly ordered already, and in that manifest they sent me is clearly stated the collector's edition was ordered, so yeah, they screwed up big time and misrepresented their service.

I can't remember the exact steps already, but going through my e-mails I believe it's
1) Order using their BuyForMe service, with quantity and price of items entered in their form
2) They will get back to you with an Order Confirmation of the items you wanted from the merchant, and you check to verify quantity and prices and agree to make payment
3) They place the order and send you an Order Placed notification with the items again, and charge the respective amount to the card specified in previous step
4) Just wait for package to arrive in US and let them ship

I believe the part you're talking about before I made my payment is the e-mail at Step 2, but that was correct. In fact, even past Step 2, up until and including Step 3, where I got the aforementioned e-mail, ALL the items/prices/qty/everything included were correct, so I had no reason to believe anything was wrong.
They basically sent me a notice saying, ok this is the list of stuff you wanted, and we have already ordered it all for you. So there was no reason for me to suspect it had gone wrong behind the scenes, especially when everything they sent me was still in accordance with my order.

What happened was they probably sent out an automated mail for step 3 based on step 2, saying yeah yeah, we ordered those items you listed in step 2, but manually, the person doing the ordering between steps 2 and 3 screwed up and ordered wrong.

Even if it sold out or whatever (it has now, but it wasn't the case back then cause I remember checking and the merchant still had stocks when I received my order confirmation), I specified too to cancel the order if it could only be partially fulfilled.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if those idiots actually charged me more for the supposed special edition they did NOT order for me. Too tired to calculate all the individual costs now, and looks like I won't be able to get in touch with them till Monday in any case.

So damn frustrating. Now I'm stuck with a standard edition game that I don't need (I already bought it locally and was buying the Special Edition from overseas for collection), and will probably have to sell it off at a loss, and then pay a premium on eBay to buy the Special Ed that I was supposed to have ordered in the first place.

Anyway they've definitely lost me as a customer already. One time was enough. $#!++y service. Fancy interface also useless. Back to vPost for me.

Last edited by KidOcelot; 22-04-2011 at 02:46 AM..
KidOcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #516

Just to share something

Only for first timer using BL...and have Citi cc and had NEVER used BL (and their ridiculous charges) before..or those looking for their ridiculous hard to find shipping discount code...well, Citi have a promo till end of this mth which I saw on the my current mth statement...which I proceed to email them to find out more as I couldn't find any info... below is the correspondence with them....
I just shipped my items on Tuesday. 3 items, total shipped weight is 3.61 kg. I was charged SGD44.66 for shipping. Expensive? I just couldn't find any discount coupons.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #517
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just shipped my items on Tuesday. 3 items, total shipped weight is 3.61 kg. I was charged SGD44.66 for shipping. Expensive? I just couldn't find any discount coupons.
it's about there. question is, do you find it expensive?
Old 22-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #518
Arch-Supremacy Member

@kidocelot, I feel u shd dispute this with them. cos everything is documented. There no indication of yr wrong judgment. They shunt be let off for this grave blunder for the good of their business and future customers like us. Ask to return goods and shipping fees. Shd be no prob, as us stiffs r all hv return policy. The loss is only the shipping fees and return shipping. Write in and rqt their dhl to pick up. At most, u bring it to their office. I support.
Old 22-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #519

@kidocelot, I feel u shd dispute this with them. cos everything is documented. There no indication of yr wrong judgment. They shunt be let off for this grave blunder for the good of their business and future customers like us. Ask to return goods and shipping fees. Shd be no prob, as us stiffs r all hv return policy. The loss is only the shipping fees and return shipping. Write in and rqt their dhl to pick up. At most, u bring it to their office. I support.
Yeah I will send in a dispute on Monday, but I'm not looking forward to the hassle. Even if they agree to return to the merchant for refund, I'm probably gonna have to wait at least a few weeks or a month to everything to be settled, keep chasing them, etc.

If and when I get my money back, already made a lost from the shipping, and I'll still need to pay a premium price to obtain the special edition I originally wanted from third parties on eBay or whatever.

So yeah, unlikely they can do anything do compensate for this c0ck-up, sadly.

Thinking I might as well try to sell it locally at a loss. Probably a bit more than how much I would lose returning it to them, but at least I know I get my money back for sure and wouldn't have to wait so long.

Best part is, looking at the screenshot of the order they placed at the merchant, can actually see they viewed the actual item I wanted (the special edition of the game), under "Items you have previously viewed", but they still went ahead and ordered the normal edition. Goofballs.

Last edited by KidOcelot; 22-04-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Old 22-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #520
Arch-Supremacy Member

KidOCelot, no I really think you shd purse to the bottom of it, claiming all damages: time loss, opportunity costs, interests, exaggerated its seriousness, even get them to get you the special edition, at their expenses...so that they hv less to backpaddled with..You shdn;t let them off.

Pen it correctly and reinterated by voice, talk to the manager, write to the top, all depends on you. You will get something..dun get try to recover losses yrself. They hv to bear it..

See how my concierge svs go with vpost, (10 items from origins) just sent rqt ytd. bad feel, 6:30 too.

Last edited by touchme; 22-04-2011 at 03:23 PM..
Old 22-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #521

KidOCelot, no I really think you shd purse to the bottom of it, claiming all damages: time loss, opportunity costs, interests, exaggerated its seriousness, even get them to get you the special edition, at their expenses...so that they hv less to backpaddled with..You shdn;t let them off.

Pen it correctly and reinterated by voice, talk to the manager, write to the top, all depends on you. You will get something..dun get try to recover losses yrself. They hv to bear it.
Hmm I guess I will afterall, thanks for your support!

Is it better for me to call or e-mail their customer service? It will be a local person handling right?
Old 22-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #522
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm I guess I will afterall, thanks for your support!
Is it better for me to call or e-mail their customer service? It will be a local person handling right?
Made a voice call to US, i'm not too sure there is a local office #, shows them u mean businesses, not some usual tame e-mailers and asian (esp.sgp) customers. (use freeIDD mobile, if line trfring to the manager is taking too long, switch to SIP calls 2 cts/min). IF got local office/rep, then better..

Lay out your max. claims and demands, including these phone calls you are making to them, manager will ask you to document them, get her name, and other names along the way. Email to them with pics and docs, and sound firm, not perhaps, maybe, etc)..Follow up with another call if you dun receive reply in 3 days or unsatisfactory settlement..and pressurize them, her/him.

This is not kiasu, but standing up for your rights, and keeping companies in check. But if u choose to be tame, then no one can help you liao.
Old 22-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #523

say my parcel arrive at cgw at oregon on friday (us time), will they be send to singapore immediately or sit at their warehouse till monday?
UncleFaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #524
Arch-Supremacy Member

say my parcel arrive at cgw at oregon on friday (us time), will they be send to singapore immediately or sit at their warehouse till monday?
there's still a couple of steps that needs to take place. they have to match parcel to your account, and then you have to pay for the shipping charges, before they will air freight it over.
Old 24-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #525

Hi guys, anyone with experience on buying laptops from USA? I have a feeling the merchant will pack the laptop(in its original box) into a bigger box for shipping, so would comgateway repacking service be good? Or should i just use vpost? Thanks!
gutianleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.