HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #556
Master Member

both these issues are due to your own ignorance, do not blame Borderlinx for them.
Do you work for them? What do you meant by my ignorance? I have research the costing and did analysis on the pricing of my items and shipment before i did my actual purchasing using their website using their estimated calculator and there is not FAQ where singapore shipment need to pay taxes within USA, only mentioned for UK!. .

The tax issue is the 7% GST imposed for any items shipped back to Singapore, as long as the CIF (cost, insurance, freight) value is above SGD400.
B]This is not my 1st time buying things online above $400 and incurring GST. And in my previous post, did i mentioned GST TAX? Please go n read properly i am talking about USA TAXES! Stupid![/B]

The weight issue is due to Amazon quoting in actual weight, whereas Borderlinx looks at both actual weight, and volumetric weight, and charges the higher of the 2 (similar practice with other shippers). don't be too quick to blame others for your own mistakes.
As consumer, how do you expect everyone to have the knowledge and expertise to know shipping methods and measuremetns. All i care is the dollar and cents worth paying for each item, in addition, the website did have the estimated freight figure. And excuse me, what mistake did i consequence myself to use a freight agent and getting so many surcharge with my "ignorance" from your accusation?my blame??

Anyway Mr wacko, dont start your assumption in reasoning me if you are not in my shoe and pointing finger at me. This maybe internet forum but i do not appreciate flaming from you. Pls do not try to add fire to my post, i do not appreciate your input and your any feedback to my POST or neither your 2cents worth "valued" to my life. My sharing feedback here was to share intel-information to benefit other netizens on hard earn dollars and cents, also not fall for the same situation i have met.
I think you're the stupid one. If you don't know how to ship things, then don't ship. Don't anyhow ship and blame your own ignorance on others. Douchebag.
Ratix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #557
Supremacy Member

both these issues are due to your own ignorance, do not blame Borderlinx for them.
Do you work for them? What do you meant by my ignorance? I have research the costing and did analysis on the pricing of my items and shipment before i did my actual purchasing using their website using their estimated calculator and there is not FAQ where singapore shipment need to pay taxes within USA, only mentioned for UK!. .

The tax issue is the 7% GST imposed for any items shipped back to Singapore, as long as the CIF (cost, insurance, freight) value is above SGD400.
B]This is not my 1st time buying things online above $400 and incurring GST. And in my previous post, did i mentioned GST TAX? Please go n read properly i am talking about USA TAXES! Stupid![/B]

The weight issue is due to Amazon quoting in actual weight, whereas Borderlinx looks at both actual weight, and volumetric weight, and charges the higher of the 2 (similar practice with other shippers). don't be too quick to blame others for your own mistakes.
As consumer, how do you expect everyone to have the knowledge and expertise to know shipping methods and measuremetns. All i care is the dollar and cents worth paying for each item, in addition, the website did have the estimated freight figure. And excuse me, what mistake did i consequence myself to use a freight agent and getting so many surcharge with my "ignorance" from your accusation?my blame??

Anyway Mr wacko, dont start your assumption in reasoning me if you are not in my shoe and pointing finger at me. This maybe internet forum but i do not appreciate flaming from you. Pls do not try to add fire to my post, i do not appreciate your input and your any feedback to my POST or neither your 2cents worth "valued" to my life. My sharing feedback here was to share intel-information to benefit other netizens on hard earn dollars and cents, also not fall for the same situation i have met.
dumb user is dumb..
xusykl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #558
Master Member

hi ,

can i check with all whom use vpost, recently i have purchase an item from rakuten and the seller replied that the item is out of stock. As i have paid using credit card, will the seller be able to refund me ?
mac_oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #559

Has anyone used shipito before?
they offer shipping system with cheapest rate I ever knew, but it depends on how much interest for every destination

.shipito.com/14-shipito-services/12703-shipsourcing-new-way-of-shipping
si.kampret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #560
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi ,
can i check with all whom use vpost, recently i have purchase an item from rakuten and the seller replied that the item is out of stock. As i have paid using credit card, will the seller be able to refund me ?
What has this got to do with yr sg shipper?
Just ask rakuten to process refund, if u cant wait.
Has anyone used shipito before?
they offer shipping system with cheapest rate I ever knew, but it depends on how much interest for every destination

.shipito.com/14-shipito-services/12703-shipsourcing-new-way-of-shipping
Create acct just twto advrrtise? Bogus bo?
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #561

hey guys,
i will be going to the states pretty soon for my studies, and i was wondering if there will be a demand for personalized one-to-one shipping services since services like vpost, borderlinx and comgateway already exists? By personalized, it means you'll deal directly with me to get your shipments over.
however, how do you think payments can be done and if there is sufficient margin for profit (i.e. how much are you willing to pay for personal services as such?).
feedback and suggestions will be extremely appreciated! ultimately, i hope to provide some kinda service that people do want, so i hope to hear from you guys. thanks!
kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #562
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey guys,
i will be going to the states pretty soon for my studies, and i was wondering if there will be a demand for personalized one-to-one shipping services since services like vpost, borderlinx and comgateway already exists? By personalized, it means you'll deal directly with me to get your shipments over.
however, how do you think payments can be done and if there is sufficient margin for profit (i.e. how much are you willing to pay for personal services as such?).
feedback and suggestions will be extremely appreciated! ultimately, i hope to provide some kinda service that people do want, so i hope to hear from you guys. thanks!
I think you will be hardpressed to be able to provide the same cost that the big name shippers are able to, with the same kind of courier service (DHL). Go do a quick rates check on DHL website.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #563
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey guys,
For a start, what u can do, is Buy4Me or Concierge Services, and still rely on vpost, cgw.. Your us-sg postal services may not be competitive for small ops, moreover are u prepared to handle import illegal sabotage pdts?

Currently most sites still do not accept Sg ccard or SG paypal, Buy4Me services are too slow, 2-3 days to cfm, 2-3 days to buy, another 2-3 days to complete..which is a hassle. Moreover, most sales are 1-3 days limited.
Also some sale are not available online, only pickup at nearest store.
So running a buy4me service will be unique (not many ppl doing), and earn you some allowance from 5% sale amt, or exchange commission. I dun hv a US relative/frd, neither will i bother them to ship/bring over, for small $10-20 sg shipping, so I will be a subscriber to you.

How you build the trust part, I leave it to you.
But I reckon, using sb local to run yr US credit card, will be more feasible.

Last edited by touchme; 26-06-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Old 26-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #564

hey guys,
Maybe the best you can do is like doing MO and taking orders from people. That way you can take abit of profit cos and will not be tempted to jake up shipping prices just to earn some profit.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #565

eh i ask a dumb question here... if i wanna escape custom GST 7%, when i send invoice to vPOST can i edit the price until <S$400? Will they check or smtg?
Trivolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #566
Supremacy Member

eh i ask a dumb question here... if i wanna escape custom GST 7%, when i send invoice to vPOST can i edit the price until <S$400? Will they check or smtg?
Asking to evade tax in a public forum?

Amazing..
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #567
Arch-Supremacy Member

Asking to evade tax in a public forum?
Amazing..
relag lah, at least he know how to keng..unlike many..enlighten some.
just intend, no din commit, din endanger lives..liddat oso repork again meh?
get caught, let him learn a lesson, where he went wrong makes him a smarter man.

Not dumb qn, but dumb to ask here..

Think abt how they work with the info/docs/goods u provided.
Think abt 1,000 pkgs, 5000 unmatched invoices a day..2,000 pigeon holes, 3 men working with report printouts, paper, computer or tablet.
Analyse which co.'s system is inefficient/loophole/foolproof, , and u will get the answer.
Then think about the consequences of 2-3 charges, tampering with an official receipt, attempt to evade taxes, measure the risks, then u decide.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #568

well i saw somewhere in the thread someone say that ebay buyers tend to underdeclare value also.. .haha. was just wondering.
Trivolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #569
Master Member

My friends shipment was overcharged by Borderlinx yesterday.
Luckily he was buying the same thing from Amazon so he knew the weight and box dimension. Boderlinx over estimated the weight by 600g!!! He requested for a recheck and final weight was correct with his estimation.

There was no apology from the email and even query from the Livechat came to NO explanation from Borderlinx. So this is how they inflate the charges. So beware.

Last edited by ipadxcell; 07-07-2011 at 03:24 PM..
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #570
Arch-Supremacy Member

My friends shipment was overcharged by Borderlinx yesterday.
Luckily he was buying the same thing from Amazon so he knew the weight and box dimension. Boderlinx over estimated the weight by 600g!!! He requested for a recheck and final weight was correct with his estimation.

There was no apology from the email and even query from the Livechat came to NO explanation from Borderlinx. So this is how they inflate the charges. So beware.
what's the total weight of that item?
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.