Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #601
Great Supremacy Member

what are the new restrictive items?
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #602

Hello guys.
I'm not ordering much or those big and heavy items, i'm just ordering 4 tee shirts at about 23 USD each + about 10 USD regular shipping (i dont need to receive it super fast, dont mind waiting as long as its not for a few months or sth)
First time using this US forwarding system cos the shop doesn't ship internationally, so i need help!
Which is the best for me, considering what i'm bringing in?
Lyeanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #603
High Supremacy Member

anybody can recommend courier to pick up my package from rubbish vp ?
vbhelper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #604

Is shipito trustable? Heard good reviews from overseas about it but none in singapore, hence still abit scared. Not in a rush to receive the item, just want a cheap and reliable service!
Lyeanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #605
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello guys.
I'm not ordering much or those big and heavy items, i'm just ordering 4 tee shirts at about 23 USD each + about 10 USD regular shipping (i dont need to receive it super fast, dont mind waiting as long as its not for a few months or sth)
First time using this US forwarding system cos the shop doesn't ship internationally, so i need help!
Which is the best for me, considering what i'm bringing in?
Just wondering, why dun u buy a bit more, to hv free us shipping?..(likely the store will hv such a scheme)

Since 1st time, register vpost, time yr parcel to arrive within 14 days, before the 1st of new month (aug). Browse thru all the ccrd promos/and code. If kiasu, past 12am, key in promo code, generate payment, you could get your us-sg shipping free..
(perhaps fuel surcharge hv to pay few $$)~ limited to 1st 150 new customers per month..(not sure if their month refers to 1st)..otherwise, there are $20 discount or 50% off.
Note: your pkg could be under $20 sg-shipping)
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #606
Arch-Supremacy Member

anybody can recommend courier to pick up my package from rubbish vp ?
wat have u been restricted of?..batteries or prawn mags?
Pm for loopholes.
Old 15-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #607

first timer here.

i'm getting 1 top and 1 skirt from Barneys.
adds up to US$370..
would vpost be recommended? any chance that the promotion for new customers would still be valid even though we're halfway into July already?

is there tracking for the parcel from usa to sg?

Last edited by heartswap; 15-07-2011 at 08:00 PM..
heartswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #608
Master Member

what's the total weight of that item?
Dead .7kg only!
Vol weight 1.7kg!
Revised 1.1kg!

You see what I mean? Actually can tell they anyhow shoot!

Anyway the item arrived and was correctly estimated by my friend or else anyhow overcharged by them.
I just read the above post CGW seems quite bad as well.

Last edited by ipadxcell; 15-07-2011 at 09:58 PM..
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 03:46 AM   #609
Arch-Supremacy Member

first timer here.

i'm getting 1 top and 1 skirt from Barneys.
adds up to US$370..
would vpost be recommended? any chance that the promotion for new customers would still be valid even though we're halfway into July already?

is there tracking for the parcel from usa to sg?
first timer good for vpost, one of the cards offers free shipping. Maybank ccard offer $30 off, the rest $20 or 50% (might hv to pay fuel surcharge)...yr pkgs likely to be less than $30, if u discard boxes.

1 been asking the qn, whether gst-exempt is regardless of invoice, since items are less than S$400 each..but no answer. If u wanna try, by all means, repork back here..otherwise break them into pkgs/inv, to avoid gst.

$30 off or free shipping is for 1st 150 customers, per month (assumed to be 1st of every month). I doubt u r in for it by now..Time your items to reach by month's end (likely), and pay on 1st August..

Ps share yr experience here...for all. and the hidden T&Cs in the promos. Thks...
Old 16-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #610

first timer good for vpost, one of the cards offers free shipping. Maybank ccard offer $30 off, the rest $20 or 50% (might hv to pay fuel surcharge)...yr pkgs likely to be less than $30, if u discard boxes.

1 been asking the qn, whether gst-exempt is regardless of invoice, since items are less than S$400 each..but no answer. If u wanna try, by all means, repork back here..otherwise break them into pkgs/inv, to avoid gst.

$30 off or free shipping is for 1st 150 customers, per month (assumed to be 1st of every month). I doubt u r in for it by now..Time your items to reach by month's end (likely), and pay on 1st August..

Ps share yr experience here...for all. and the hidden T&Cs in the promos. Thks...
thank you so much the info.
i am having problems checking out from barneys. they require a US credit card when shipping to a US address.. so I need to use vConcierge.. how long does it take them to respond? i'm worried my items will OOS soon.

also, i'm quite confused regarding the gst.. will i incur it as long as the total value of a parcel exceeds S$400 or do i incur it only when each invoice is more than $400? hahaha. i can buy the items separately (separate invoice) if it's the latter..

great... i just called them and they do not help to buy items on promotion.......

Last edited by heartswap; 16-07-2011 at 10:12 AM..
Old 16-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #611
Arch-Supremacy Member

thank you so much the info.
i am having problems checking out from barneys. they require a US credit card when shipping to a US address.. so I need to use vConcierge.. how long does it take them to respond? i'm worried my items will OOS soon.

also, i'm quite confused regarding the gst.. will i incur it as long as the total value of a parcel exceeds S$400 or do i incur it only when each invoice is more than $400? hahaha. i can buy the items separately (separate invoice) if it's the latter..

great... i just called them and they do not help to buy items on promotion.......
Forgot abt their concierge or cgw buy4me svs (thou free), will not be in time for yr stocks. 2 days each process: to realise yr request, check & confirm yr request, ask for yr payment, realise yr paym, buy4u..in all 7-10 days...by which time alr obsolete liao, and I hear sb here recvd the wrong item in the end.

Ask yr US friend to buy4u, and ship to yr us address, instead. Surprising, nobody is offering this fastbuy service. (but u may get a few pm for this rqt, trust part is up to u)

Safer, buy as separate inv., no answers from experienced ppl here. Happy shopping.
Old 16-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #612
Supremacy Member

..also, i'm quite confused regarding the gst.. will i incur it as long as the total value of a parcel exceeds S$400 or do i incur it only when each invoice is more than $400? hahaha. i can buy the items separately (separate invoice) if it's the latter..
This is how vPost calculates for GST,

Applicable if CIF of each individual package exceeds S$400

CIF = Total Cost of Products in a package / order + Insurance + Freight (or Shipping Charge)
Total Cost of Products in a package / order = Cost of products in a package / order + USA Sales Tax + USA Domestic Shipping Charge
The other 2 forwarders do the opposite, they calculate GST by taking the CIF of per shipment (1 or many packages) to SG, instead of individual package like vPost.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #613
Arch-Supremacy Member

The other 2 forwarders do the opposite, they calculate GST by taking the CIF of per shipment (1 or many packages) to SG, instead of individual package like vPost.
so if i hv 2 items, each cost us$250 in 1 pkg, in 1 invoice, got exempt?
what abt 2 items, in 2 pkg in 1 invoice? or 2-1-3
Old 16-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #614

Smile

Aha, this link explains it all

http://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welcom...idenav_rt.html

thanks anywayyyy everyone!

Last edited by heartswap; 16-07-2011 at 11:25 PM..
Old 16-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #615
Supremacy Member

so if i hv 2 items, each cost us$250 in 1 pkg, in 1 invoice, got exempt?
what abt 2 items, in 2 pkg in 1 invoice? or 2-1-3
If you want exemption, every domestic shipment to vPost's hub at Portland has to be less than SGD 400 in CIF.

In other words, as long as you have each domestic shipment (regardless of how many packages) with a single invoice in CIF of no more than SGD 400, you can consolidate as many packages as possible to ship to SG without incurring any GST for vPost.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.