HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #781
Supremacy Member

Hi Guys

I want to try one of them out, have yet placed order on the US site.
Pls tell me in terms of Price Vs Reliability, VPost/CGW which is better?

My order should range from 1.5-2kgs including the packing materials, and from what I understand their boxes are like 31(L) x 30(B) x 16(H)cm from my friend's recent purchase, but she lives in the states so its always complimentary when she hits a certain amount.

Thnx

To me, vPost or CGW makes not much of a difference in terms of price and reliability. CGW should be slightly cheaper for 1.5-2kg of volumetric weight though.

vPost needs you to send them your invoice before your package arrives btw.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #782
Supremacy Member

The repack now is screwed.

Sometimes it's possible to repack, sometimes it's not possible to repack. Sometimes they repack and they threw e boxes away. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes they took 3days to tell me it can't be repacked!
Repacking is not always possible, it's normal.
Old 26-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #783
Supremacy Member

It depends on what they see when they open up your package.

Inside package got only 1 item. The item has its own smaller box. CAN REPACK.

Inside pacakge got only 1 item. But the item does not come in a smaller box, e.g., the original retail box. CANNOT BE REPACKED. Because they won't give another box to repack items.

Inside package got more than 1 items. Each item has its own smaller packing box. CANNOT BE REPACKED. Because they won't give another box to repack items. So if they were to just throw away the bigger box, it will be become 2 or more packages.

Inside package got more than 1 items, but loose, meaning to say each item does not have its own packing box. CANNOT BE REPACKED. Because remember they won't give you any box to repack. So if they were to just throw away the bigger box, your items would just be on the floor without any container.

This is what I think. Do correct me if I am wrong!
Everything else is more or less accurate except the bold.

They can still repack the smaller individual boxes by putting the boxes together into 1 package using their packing material.
Old 26-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #784

Repacking is not always possible, it's normal.
Why is it not possible if volumetric weight is double actual weight? Do I look like a carrot head?!?!

Make mistakes, take chances, be silly, be imperfect, trust yourself and follow your heart.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #785

It depends on what they see when they open up your package.

Inside pacakge got only 1 item. But the item does not come in a smaller box, e.g., the original retail box. CANNOT BE REPACKED. Because they won't give another box to repack items.

Inside package got more than 1 items. Each item has its own smaller packing box. CANNOT BE REPACKED. Because they won't give another box to repack items. So if they were to just throw away the bigger box, it will be become 2 or more packages.

Inside package got more than 1 items, but loose, meaning to say each item does not have its own packing box. CANNOT BE REPACKED. Because remember they won't give you any box to repack. So if they were to just throw away the bigger box, your items would just be on the floor without any container.

This is what I think. Do correct me if I am wrong!

They can still repack the smaller individual boxes by putting the boxes together into 1 package using their packing material.
can i check, which service is this for? CGW, or Borderlinx?
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #786
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why is it not possible if volumetric weight is double actual weight? Do I look like a carrot head?!?!
Sometimes the original item package is just very large, and CGW typically won't open up the item original's packaging.

Take for example below image, CGW is not going to open it up and send you just the pencil and throw the box away.

wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #787
Arch-Supremacy Member

can i check, which service is this for? CGW, or Borderlinx?
CGW.

(10 char)
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #788

Anyone with a comgateway promo code to share?
Old 27-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #789

Cgw gt no promo code one haha.

Borderlinx is good but the promo code not every time have one.

Make mistakes, take chances, be silly, be imperfect, trust yourself and follow your heart.
Old 27-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #790

Thanks for correcting me. Now the corrected version should be:

Inside pacakge got only 1 item. But the item does not come in a smaller box, e.g., the original retail box. CANNOT BE REPACKED.

Inside package got more than 1 items, but loose, meaning to say each item does not have its own packing box. CANNOT BE REPACKED.

Inside package got more than 1 items. Each item has its own smaller packing box. In other words, every item must have its own smaller packing box. CAN BE REPACKED.

Inside package got more than 1 items. For some of the items, each of them come in its own smaller packing box. For some of items, they are loose, without any smaller boxes. THIS SITUATION IS VERY OFTEN HAPPENING FOR AMAZON PURCHASES. CANNOT BE REPACKED

Please feel free to correct me again if I am wrong.
isim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #791

cgw shipping cost is it cheaper than BDL?
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #792

its the same, but slower

Old 29-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #793

can anyone help with using borderlinx?
below taken from borderlinx site

What is your US > SGD exchange rate?

The exchange rate used is the midpoint between the buying and selling rates Banking currency exchange.

The rate today is US1=1.51SGD.

This exchange rate will change from time to time according to market conditions. When the exchange rate is changed, it is possible that your shipment charge will differ from your Concierge Order charge if both were submitted on the same day. We charge your credit card for your Concierge Order at
the time the merchant accepts the order.

so is cfm using this rate?? cos 1.51 looks pretty high to me
soeyism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #794

can my friend using my BDL USA address?

Last edited by tingyuan; 29-10-2011 at 02:00 AM..
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #795

these few days vpost seems to be down. anyone can access their website?
molecule is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.