HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #886

hi anyone knows how do i order from armani exchange? they only take usa cc.. and using which forwarder? vpost or borderlinx or comgateway?
I'm also interested in this.
Do take note that they only take usa cc so concierge services have to be used.
Comgateway's concierge service (AKA Buyforme) currently do not allow orders at armani exchange.

Gonna try Vpost, can't use Borderlinx though, no Citibank CC =(
LegendZenify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #887

Guys you know the UOB and POSB discounts for CGW and VPost ends 31 dec right? Will they renew it normally? Because I wanna buy more stuff but no discount will be sian.
Hage098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #888
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've used MyUS.com for years and have never been let down. Their customer service is excellent and quick which is important especially since I need a company I can trust and depend on to be there when I have questions. They were the most knowledgeable when I was asking various questions about shipping to several companies. Borderlinx never even responded to my question! I'd give MyUS a definite thumbs up! Hope that's helpful!
Bot alert. Thank you for letting us know MyUS.com is a scam site.
micey84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #889
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, my package arrived at comgateway today. However, when I use my POSB Multitude debit, it gives me an error "We are unable to charge this card successfully". Any idea? I'm sure I keyed in everything properly...
trenzterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #890

A**h*l3.there is always 1st post bragging MyUS.
I've used MyUS.com for years and have never been let down. Their customer service is excellent and quick which is important especially since I need a company I can trust and depend on to be there when I have questions. They were the most knowledgeable when I was asking various questions about shipping to several companies. Borderlinx never even responded to my question! I'd give MyUS a definite thumbs up! Hope that's helpful!
KardBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #891

Oh ok.I believe you 100%. I will cancel my borderlinx account immediately and use MyUS.com from now on. Thanks for the enlightenment.
joemalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #892

Hi all i have a question on shipping back from the states. If the total value of the 2 parcels when it reaches borderlinx is reflected wrongly assuming the parcel value is reflected wrongly as USD50 instead of USD130? Will the parcel be able to pass though into SG successfully?
huangshang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #893
Supremacy Member

Hi all i have a question on shipping back from the states. If the total value of the 2 parcels when it reaches borderlinx is reflected wrongly assuming the parcel value is reflected wrongly as USD50 instead of USD130? Will the parcel be able to pass though into SG successfully?
No problem.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #894

In a rut with Vpost shipments

Bought some toys from Amazon for my kids Dec 9. Items eventually reached Sacramento Vpost /shipper on Dec 12. I then discovered Amazon had used really bulky box and Vpost was looking to charge

1. $195 for something 24.4 x 7.3 x 10.6 inches ; 6.8 pounds/9 pounds shipping weight(AMAZON info)
VPOST =Volmetric Weight : 20.6 kg Actual Weight : 4.9 kg

2. $117 for something 5.1 x 5.9 x 25.8 inches ; 2 pounds/ 2.3 pounds shipping weight
VPOST= Volmetric Weight : 13.1 kg Actual Weight : 2.1 kg

Nightmare starts with my first call to their 1605 call centre. Explaining the situation sniping screenshots to their team and requesting a call back paid little returns...actuall NO return..they even asked me to email them details....emails to Vpost...dun expect acknowledgement or replies

Days later i had to call back only to the issue was stuck at re measurement ....really mad because they claim they will do a repack when volumteric weight and package weight are more than 3 kg...well based on my packages its WAY above 3kg diff

Days later after struggles with getting a call centre agent...i finally escalate to a "manager" there...amazing...she goes tells me honestly that there has been response delays from the US office so all request for repack etc NOT done

I am really mad but hold my cool since its now Dec 23th but inform her to get back to me by Dec 28th to get a solution ....by the way i send them more emails on Amazon details and the fact that Amazon can ship internationally for US$36..only reason i used them was one of the items could not ship internationally so thot why not have both shipped by vpost..worst mistake

Its Dec 29th you guessed it Vpost did not retun call...matter has not moved with US office...you see despite very very clear packaging issue...Vpost cannot seem to get their US office to repack!! WTF!! why advertise this if you cannot do it??!!!

Quote "Repacking Service
We repackage items with more than 3kg difference between their actual and volumetric weight to help you enjoy more savings4."

4 Only for packages from the USA.

I called their call centre 3 times to day to get my update...what a way to spend my day off.

It's now been 20days since i paid Amazon and this nightmare started with Vpost

I managed to speak to another manger who informed me that US (last update same) took photos of the packaging and it was obvious my shipments were large...back to point one...open the pack and REPACK!!!

Also she told me since the 20/30% discount on the shipment offered to me was not enough...they now escalated it to their management!!!

Vpost/Singpost has a nameless faceless management....their website has no corporate numbers...try to get a number different from 1605 from their call centre you won't (except for the 8 digit alternate 1605 line)

Emails are not acknowledged, phones calls not returned..looks like their call centre is the face of Vpost...all the managers...bosses are not even contactable or reachable...the highest you can escalate to is the call centre manager who can only offer a 30% discount for all the conflicts!!

Truly truly poor service for a listed company

I am truly shocked and disappointed....the company seems to have no issues with this approach given the time this has taken to look into...even worse teh communications between their US office and local one is similar to the experience of calling/emailing them....DISAPPOINTING and non-existent at times

Not sure how this nightmare ends...i probably have to return the goods...it's a shame as i already paid shipping charges for one of the items...i will have to pay shipping for both the items...

all the money i was suppose to save has gone onto the pockets of the shippers...and made me just frustrated !!

No experience with Tarazz, BL etc but the experience with the only LISTED on the stock exchange company here is just shocking...customer service follow up , communications just a huge let down

will update the saga as it unravels.fingers crossed

btw, my 2 boys were very sad not receiving their dream xmas presents
Z2user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #895
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bought some toys from Amazon for my kids Dec 9. Items eventually reached Sacramento Vpost /shipper on Dec 12. I then discovered Amazon had used really bulky box and Vpost was looking to charge

1. $195 for something 24.4 x 7.3 x 10.6 inches ; 6.8 pounds/9 pounds shipping weight(AMAZON info)

2. $117 for something 5.1 x 5.9 x 25.8 inches ; 2 pounds/ 2.3 pounds shipping weight

Nightmare starts with my first call to their 1605 call centre. Explaining the situation sniping screenshots to their team and requesting a call back paid little returns...actuall NO return..they even asked me to email them details....emails to Vpost...dun expect acknowledgement or replies

Days later i had to call back only to the issue was stuck at re measurement ....really mad because they claim they will do a repack when volumteric weight and package weight are more than 3 kg...well based on my packages its WAY above 3kg diff

Days later after struggles with getting a call centre agent...i finally escalate to a "manager" there...amazing...she goes tells me honestly that there has been response delays from the US office so all request for repack etc NOT done

I am really mad but hold my cool since its now Dec 23th but inform her to get back to me by Dec 28th to get a solution ....by the way i send them more emails on Amazon details and the fact that Amazon can ship internationally for US$36..only reason i used them was one of the items could not ship internationally so thot why not have both shipped by vpost..worst mistake

Its Dec 29th you guessed it Vpost did not retun call...matter has not moved with US office...you see despite very very clear packaging issue...Vpost cannot seem to get their US office to repack!! WTF!! why advertise this if you cannot do it??!!!

Quote "Repacking Service
We repackage items with more than 3kg difference between their actual and volumetric weight to help you enjoy more savings4."

I called their call centre 3 times to day to get my update...what a way to spend my day off.

I managed to speak to another manger who informed me that US (last update same) took photos of the packaging and it was obvious my shipments were large...back to point one...open the pack and REPACK!!!

Also she told me since the 20/30% discount on the shipment offered to me was not enough...they now escalated it to their management!!!

Vpost/Singpost has a nameless faceless management....their website has no corporate numbers...try to get a number different from 1605 from their call centre you won't (except for the 8 digit alternate 1605 line)

Emails are not acknowledged, phones calls not returned..looks like their call centre is the face of Vpost...all the managers...bosses are not even contactable or reachable...the highest you can escalate to is the call centre manager who can only offer a 30% discount for all the conflicts!!

I am truly shocked and disappointed....the company seems to have no issues with this approach given the time this has taken to look into...even worse teh communications between their US office and local one is similar to the experience of calling/emailing them....DISAPPOINTING and non-existent at times

Not sure how this nightmare ends...i probably have to return the goods...it's a shame as i already paid shipping charges for one of the items...i will have to pay shipping for both the items...

all the money i was suppose to save has gone onto the pockets of the shippers...and made me just frustrated !!

No experience with Tarazz, BL etc but the experience with the only LISTED on the stock exchange company here is just shocking...customer service follow up , communications just a huge let down

Feel for you and your kids. Please don't use them again. A tough lesson for all the others who have not suffered under their abysmal corporate standards.
micey84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #896
Supremacy Member

Quote "Repacking Service

My sympathies. Thanks for heads-up for all of us on the inefficient vPost repacking service.

I have some advice for you:

1. Consider using CGW (hopshopgo is a good one with constant 10% discount), their repacking service especially with Amazon is quite good so far. Saving is usually at least 35% for a single repacked.
2. Opt for direct shipping to SG whenever possible with Amazon.
3. Do not use vPost if you are shopping with a merchant who's known to pack packages in the way like Amazon.

Last edited by jazdrive; 30-12-2011 at 12:57 AM..
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #897

Angry bad user experience on comGateway

I used comGateway recently and it was the worst online company I have used to date.

I bought 4 shirts and 3 x 100ml of cosmetics, and they charged me a total of 6.5kg volume weight when in fact the actual weight was less than 2kg. They refused to repack the items for me, saying that would destroy the boxes. Nonsense. They just wanted to charge more.

I used their services as I have an Amex promotion. However, they refused to acknowledge the promo, and said I should have registered on their cousin website called globalshop.com. That is not even accurate, and yet another attempt to cheat customers.

I made a complaint via email to their customer services, and their reply was rude, and a flat NO. They do not even offer a telephone number for me to call. Basically, they just do not want to talk to you, and they can just hide away behind emails.

Very lousy and impersonal service, and they will not address your concerns. I do not advise using them.
peterkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #898

I've been using Comgateway recently because Citibank refused to waive off the fees. Waiting for my new Citibank card to come in because I making new card. So far my experience is quite okay, but their charges really quite expensive... Borderlinx for me so far always superb, I never had any issues of them anyhow weigh package.

Probably will go back to Borderlinx again after this round.
Old 30-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #899

Hi all again, apologies i didn't make my earlier post clear enuff. I have ordered some items from the states total about 5 different items. The total actual cost is about USD350 + shipping about USD50 when converted to SGD exceeds 400 which will incur GST. I did like most ppl does by splitting the items into shipments that will eventually less than SGD400 to avoid GST.

My question is if I do not change the initial estimated value which is key in by borderlinx example actual purchased items (USD150+USD200=USD350) but borderlinx estimated reflected value is (USD100+USD100=USD200) will my shipment b compound by custom? Have anyone tried not changing the values of the items? I am trying to figure how they will charge GST if they follow borderlinx values.
huangshang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #900

Reading thru the experiences here....all the providers are pretty shocking!!

i think 3 out 5 shipments probably problem free....i and a couple of others belong the "lucky lot"

With my Vpost experience i think the business model sounds simple and good...but their choice of partner in the US biggest issue

I doubt repacking is a huge deal...but when you cannot control or get your partner to act on your requests...your are stuck...then you pass the buck to the consumer telling them for the safety of the item etc etc...and then start to see huge discrepancy between the actual and volumetric weight

Totally agreed ....whenever possible use direct shipment from Amazon or whoever...

the frustration i am going thru and vpost has put me thru will never be worth the money i saved!!...well in my case where the goods will likely be returned not worth the money wasted!!

These guys are amateurs and have no idea how to keep customers and grow business. They cannot even communicate with their overseas partners or implement simple processes to really make sure customers are not shortchanged

i doubt it's intentional to get more revenue but due to a lack of process and control....but seriously with the way i and some others here been treated who knows?? maybe they are really here for short term business
Z2user is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.