HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #901
Supremacy Member

I used comGateway recently and it was the worst online company I have used to date.

I bought 4 shirts and 3 x 100ml of cosmetics, and they charged me a total of 6.5kg volume weight when in fact the actual weight was less than 2kg. They refused to repack the items for me, saying that would destroy the boxes. Nonsense. They just wanted to charge more..
Repacking is not a given, there are conditions to be met. I refer you to a previous post someone made in this thread on what qualifies for repacking at CGW.

Thanks for correcting me. Now the corrected version should be:

Inside package got only 1 item. The item has its own smaller box. CAN REPACK.

Inside pacakge got only 1 item. But the item does not come in a smaller box, e.g., the original retail box. CANNOT BE REPACKED.

Inside package got more than 1 items, but loose, meaning to say each item does not have its own packing box. CANNOT BE REPACKED.

Inside package got more than 1 items. Each item has its own smaller packing box. In other words, every item must have its own smaller packing box. CAN BE REPACKED.

Inside package got more than 1 items. For some of the items, each of them come in its own smaller packing box. For some of items, they are loose, without any smaller boxes. THIS SITUATION IS VERY OFTEN HAPPENING FOR AMAZON PURCHASES. CANNOT BE REPACKED

Please feel free to correct me again if I am wrong.
All these conditions come with a pre-requisite - your volumetric weight and actual weight need to have a considerable difference between them. Difference of around 3kg usually will qualify you for a repack assessment.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #902
Supremacy Member

I've been using Comgateway recently because Citibank refused to waive off the fees. Waiting for my new Citibank card to come in because I making new card. So far my experience is quite okay, but their charges really quite expensive... Borderlinx for me so far always superb, I never had any issues of them anyhow weigh package.

Probably will go back to Borderlinx again after this round.
For a new user, CGW would be expensive. However, if you are a regular user, the CGW dollars and certain promos like hopshopgo 10% off and etc will more or less bring down the cost to be on parity with the other forwarders. It can even be cheaper in some instances, especially when repacking is involved.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #903

Latest Update on Vpost saga

So i received Vpost's outcome on my issue. The "manager" informed me that their US office had returned email about repacking ...." The items is too bulk/large to repack"!!

Guess who from the Sacramento depot informed the Vpost manager....Some guy who signs off as a warehouse agent. ...WTF!!

So this is the escalation VPOST is talking about...after 2 weeks plus of chasing them and them escalating it to higher management ....a warehouse agent comes back to inform that no repackaging can be done

Incredible....

Since i declined the "generous 30%" discount on shipping and the package as confirmed by a warehouse agent cannot be repacked ...Vpost has advised me to return the shipments....they have "generously " offered to waive the admin fee for the returns...WOW!!!

Am now probably having to pay Amazon for return shipment since its not their fault .

Definitely pay for return shipping on with a third part shipper who i just called and said i need to pay UPS for the shipment...they just refund back to Amazon the funds..they are not responsible for the return shipment....

Unreal...hope this serves as a lesson to all.

As mentioned in my previous post Vpost failure to engage correctly with the US shipper is the root cause. After 2 weeks, the matter is still being handled by a warehouse agent!!!

US shipper cannot be bothered with repacking. Vpost is helpless just passing message to us Singapore buyers.....

Yet Vpost boasts of repacking capability....and mentions it as a plus point for their US shipments...false advertising!!! ...i looked into their fine print and repacking conditions..the ones they left out in their false advertising landing page...

1. repacking...sole discretion of their warehouse agent!!!
2. repacking ...sole discretion of US office that does not reply to email
3. repacking ...sole discretion of US office that has no escalation process

Classic!!! Vpost is taking instructions from a warehouse agent as the final word!!

So guys those with hopes of a repack, a reasonable end to issues created by choosing Vpost....dun hold your breathe

For vPOSTUSA :

(a) We may, at Our sole discretion, re-pack the Items before Shipment from the vPOSTUSA address to Your local mailing/delivery address if we consider the Items suitable for re-packing, so as to reduce the total shipping charges applicable to such Items.

(b) In the event of such re-packing, You shall pay Us a re-packing fee of S$12 for each package re-packed.

(c) You agree and acknowledge that any such re-packing of Items may render the return, refund or exchange (or any other similar) policy of the Merchant for an Item invalid, void or cancelled; and We shall not be liable to You for any loss, damage or liability which may be suffered or incurred by You as a result thereof.
Z2user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #904
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bought 4 items (timbuk messengers/2 screen protectors and casing) from amazon and nook touch from B&N xD

Damn amazon packed and delivered all 4 items in 4 different boxes. One screen protectors has a volumetric weight of 2.5KG ....... the other screen protector only 0.5KG.
Bag - 6.5kg ( CGW repacked it to 2.5kg after request)
Nook touch - 1KG

Made a feedback to amazon packing department on the RETARDED packing on the screen protector. Hopefully after i post the photo, amazon gives me some gift card x(
Can't consolidate? I always thought they have that button in CGW?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #905

Let me share my experience. I have been using vpost for a number of years,think i used their services more than 20x? Everytime i use their services, i always have to correspond several times via emails before my shipping clears and their shipping time varies from quite long to "did they deliver my packages by foot?" However i continued to ship via post though it's a hassle as i have never felt that they overcharge me. A year ago, i ordered a pair of trainers and they charged me $78 for shipping!!!! I emailed them to ask them to verify if the calculation is correct. It took several emails and 2 weeks before they verify that they did not overcharge me. Crap! I ordered a pair of rugby boots for my cousin before and the shipping was $45 so how can a pair of trainers be heavier than a pair of rugby boots?? Moreover my shoe box was smaller than my cousin's! Therefore i decided never to use vpost again. They fail their maths izzit?

Since then i only bought one item via the internet and i had the merchant to ship to me directly. I ordered a pair of shoes 2 days ago and i sign up with comgateway for the first time. I hope nothing goes wrong or else i'll have no new shoes for CNY. *cross fingers*

Last edited by cowmera; 01-01-2012 at 10:38 AM..
cowmera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #906

hi anyone knows how do i order from armani exchange? they only take usa cc.. and using which forwarder? vpost or borderlinx or comgateway?
if you have a amex card. you can try using that. solve my problem most of the time.
stonedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #907
Storm Trooper

It seems like there are always fresh people discovering how awful Vpost is. I started ordering stuff back in 06-07 with Vpost. After enduring their consistent inability to match packages properly and extremely poor/slow service (after recording a package as received, they subsequently lost it and offered a $10 delifrance voucher as "compensation"), I gave up.

Stick with comgateway and borderlinx. They are cheaper and faster than Vpost (esp CGW), and so far they haven't lost any of my packages. Although CGW did deliver someone else's packages to me once.
glassdarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #908
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok, I kanna riao. I box of small item, weight 100g, but volwt is 1.5kg. knn.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #909

Kenna lape by cgw.

Import Clearance Service Fee: US$ 42.21

Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #910
Supremacy Member

just a query, i ordered a few items from 2 merchants in 3 orders. if they are shipped together, gst will be incurred. so in this case, can i ask cgw to ship 2 orders combined and the 3rd order separately?

thanks!
sugaricing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #911
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kenna lape by cgw.

Import Clearance Service Fee: US$ 42.21

That's GST, you should be venting at Singapore Customs instead.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #912
Arch-Supremacy Member

just a query, i ordered a few items from 2 merchants in 3 orders. if they are shipped together, gst will be incurred. so in this case, can i ask cgw to ship 2 orders combined and the 3rd order separately?

thanks!
Yes you can, total shipping fees will be higher, but you will save on GST.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #913

That's GST, you should be venting at Singapore Customs instead.
I know lar, just sian 1/2. I tried to split shipping but the total near the shipping with GST, so no point splitting...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #914
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any discount code for borderlinx?
IntelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #915

Hi guys
I'm about to order 4 pairs of toms shoes from toms.com
Because of the big shoe boxes compared to the light shoes, volumetric weight would probably be used to calculate the cost. As such, would borderlinx or cgw be recommended?
Thanks
rascle is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.