HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #961

Hello, I have not spoken bad about any of our competitors, just facts. I stated that you can find negative feedback on any company if you type in the same search phrase about them as was posted previously myus. I think all of those competitors are viable and reputable firms. I am not advertising and simply want to understand why you say such negative things about myus when you have never used our company. I am here trying to learn how we can better service the Singapore market.
myusemployee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #962

viaaddress is a scam

viaaddress is a scam--> guaranteed plus chop.
have always misreported my parcel size by three to four times to charge more.
then when i receive it is not the dimension they reported they would send in.

reallie is #@$%^^&*(
Inuyashatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #963

Based on my Googling experience, it's definitely true to say that all of these forwarding services have a challenge when it comes to negative feedback published on the web, but I don't think the primary ones could really be called something as extreme as a "scam". The BBB is not perfect but it certainly makes it tough for a true "scam" company to stay in business long.

I guess one of the challenges is that these companies make most or all of their profit from our shipping, so it's not directly in their interest to minimise the shipping size/weight if they make more money the larger it is. Of course you could say it's indirectly in their interest to keep customers happy with efficient packing, and some seem to do a better job of that. You may also want to keep in mind how long a company has been in business for can influence how many Google results there are!

As an example of how random it is, when I just was Googling for a discount code for one of the services *recommended* here on the forum, I stumbled over a local with a huge blog rant because that company had charged him US$35 dimensional weight for a screen protector. Meanwhile when I got spooked about MyUS by all the negative forum posts here and searched more, I still came across *positive* posts in the Australian Whirlpool forum by users with thousands of posts and a good reputation saying they'd used MyUS for 6 years without incident. So I think you find good and bad for both even if you're looking for the opposite. I'd say at least 50% of complaints I've seen are about people not understanding - or just being annoyed at - dimensional weight, and that is hardly the fault of any shipping company seeing as they all are pretty clear about the policies.

From my perspective I still think that aggressive repacking of shipments is really desirable for anyone ordering a lot in one go, assuming shipment costs are approximately equal between services. I even find that Amazon can ship a single order in 3-4 goes which adds weight and size so its' hard to be guaranteed of just one, efficiently packed, box.
rrisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #964
Great Supremacy Member

aiya, just stick back to what you're using can liao.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #965

Anyone knows shipping a red wing shoe from amazon cost around how much?
LauChangKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #966

Anyone knows shipping a red wing shoe from amazon cost around how much?
is very hard to tell you how much will that be. Because shoes parcel is normally bulky and wrap in a bigger box. Therefore volumetric weight will be higher. I will recommend you to use amazon international shipping if they do provide international shipping for the shoes.

If not, capture good discount from cgw, vpost and borderlinx to save on shipping fees.
ahbui83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #967

any discount code for borderlinx now?
trashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #968

i tried the following companies before and i like to share my experiences

Vpost - Expensive and extremely slow

Viaddress - Quite flexible in terms of repacking and consolidation. But my gut feel is its a very messy organization. My package got lost from my account once. They couldnt' find it until i went to dig out my shipment number from the merchant. And i have things in my account that doesnt belong to me.

Borderlinx - Fastest of the company i tried but slightly more expensive and inflexibility in terms of repacking. I ordered books once and the shipment cost for 15 books was about $70 because it couldnt be repacked. In general i will still rate their service as good though.

CGW - I think their warehouse is on the coastal regions of United States, my shipment from merchant to their warehouse usually takes very long to reach their warehouse. Their prices are cheaper than Borderlinx with CGW Prime but they are slower. And their express service is crap. They don't use express DHL services but you pay more for them to process it faster. Generally still quite good but slower than Borderlinx.

Now the next one i intend to use is borderlessbuys operated by CGW. Seems not bad with CGW Prime perks and free upgrade to express service!

Last edited by blue_yoghurt; 04-02-2012 at 08:26 AM..
blue_yoghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #969
Great Supremacy Member

any discount code for borderlinx now?
ya any discount code? thx

Don't bother with express.

There is not much of a difference between express and normal so just save yourself the extra cost.
yea i learnt the lesson. Paid Express and end up like Normal WTF

BL VS CGW, i will go for BL coz faster. CGW damn slow. v irritating and esp the calculation, i rather email vendor n asked if they can pack in as compact box as possible n go for BL.
Amazon -> Direct. No way to ship via any of them. Will have shock

Last edited by Laneige; 05-02-2012 at 04:02 AM..
Laneige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #970

You can check this link
(sorry can't post link becoz of restrictions of HWZ. Just go to amazon.com and go to bottom of page)
I think for a red pair of shoe it will be in the US$2.49 lbs category. However, most of the time just combined shipment so it will make the whole parcel more worth it.
Anyway you will be prompted on the total amount including shipping when you check out the shopping cart. They have global shipping program where you pay a lump sum and they will refund you when the exact shipping amounts come up
zacafronso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #971
Master Member

From experience, order shoes and ship with any freight forwarder will get a big shock, because of the bulky shoebox. Unless you can somehow tell the merchant to ship without the shoebox...
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #972

i going to order some clothes from RL. i wonder should i use vpost instead of borderlinx or is it better to use borderlinx than vpost?
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #973
Master Member

Warn you first, RL also likes to ship in super big boxes...
Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #974

Warn you first, RL also likes to ship in super big boxes...
har har, it's 3rd time ordering from ralphlauren.com, last 2 orders the parcel box is not super big boxes.
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #975

For vpost, once I generate payment advice, is it possible to change the promo code since I want to use a different credit card?

Hey!

Please help me to make a choice here. I've no idea of which shipping service to use. Vpost, borderlinx or comgateway?? Do share w me your experience if you have used them! THANKS!
since I don't have citi credit card, I always follow this rule (posted by someone else in this thread): use CGW for expensive item since insurance is only 0.69% and use vpost when you buy alot of cheap and small items sent from different vendors since they don't round up weight.
maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.