Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #1111

sian first time shipping via borderlinx

got a camera off ebay, package initial clocked in at 2.5kg

after reaching borderlinx:
Digital camera 3.78 kg
Lithium batteries 6.37 kg (PROHIBITED, dafug camera no battery how to use??)

Total shipping fee become $45 for a small cam (without battery). If contact CSO, do they do re-weighing/measurement of goods?
You are not the first to feedback about such situations about Borderlinx, nevertheless, I feel for you as it happened to me before..... although not many times via borderlinx but the additional weight clocked by them sometimes is really quite sian, but bo bian since you can't do much about it...

It might be due to the packaging or the volumetric weight of your item or some other reasons. Check with them again?
What I did the other time, was that I weigh my item again when i received it in Singapore to see if it is really the weight quoted by Borderlinx.

I was unlucky to be charged more than what I expected via borderlinx on that ocassion. However, borderlinx shipping from US to Sing is really quite fast using DHL Express... so you win some, you lose some...
alxlxla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #1112

this is funny, my laptop supposed to weigh at 7.5kg ended up 6kg+ only woh, I think your eBay seller got you a lemon packing lol

@sAxmanSSD

Hey bro, you shipped your laptop over already? from 7.5 to 6kg? lucky you!

I thought you will join me and try the new prioritytag.com since they give good discount for DHL express too, and somemore new signup got additional $15 off...best time to try .....

I have bought some stuff and now in their US warehouse waiting for my other buys to be consolidated.. so far quite smooth.... hope they live up to their promise... lol
Old 26-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #1113

is there any coupon codes for comgateway now? thanks.
danielfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #1114

is there any coupon codes for comgateway now? thanks.
there is one for hopshopgo (operated by comgateway) $10 off. Promo code: PPSHIP 10
maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #1115
Supremacy Member

@sAxmanSSD

Hey bro, you shipped your laptop over already? from 7.5 to 6kg? lucky you!

I thought you will join me and try the new prioritytag.com since they give good discount for DHL express too, and somemore new signup got additional $15 off...best time to try .....

I have bought some stuff and now in their US warehouse waiting for my other buys to be consolidated.. so far quite smooth.... hope they live up to their promise... lol
Where there warehouse located? Plz do post feedback abt them. Might tried them next time
Rainbow1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #1116
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shipping from overseas definitely incur GST if deliverable is more than sgd400?? Sorry, newbie here.
ralliart_ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #1117
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shipping from overseas definitely incur GST if deliverable is more than sgd400?? Sorry, newbie here.
yes, as long as CIF (cost, insurance, freight) value is more than $400.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #1118
Master Member

You are not the first to feedback about such situations about Borderlinx, nevertheless, I feel for you as it happened to me before..... although not many times via borderlinx but the additional weight clocked by them sometimes is really quite sian, but bo bian since you can't do much about it...

It might be due to the packaging or the volumetric weight of your item or some other reasons. Check with them again?
What I did the other time, was that I weigh my item again when i received it in Singapore to see if it is really the weight quoted by Borderlinx.

I was unlucky to be charged more than what I expected via borderlinx on that ocassion. However, borderlinx shipping from US to Sing is really quite fast using DHL Express... so you win some, you lose some...
Did you manage to claim back the difference from Borderlinx? I had the same problem in 2011 and it took me 4 months to get back the money and the process involved DHL, Borderlinx and Citbank as Borderlinx dragged their feet on this so I have no choice but to pull in Citibank. But I am still using them since they are the fastest in terms of delivery.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #1119

Where there warehouse located? Plz do post feedback abt them. Might tried them next time
I am keeping my fingers crossed. my items is in their warehouse in FL. So far notification on my items arrival to their warehouse is quite prompt, i am waiting to ship all my items at one go to enjoy one of their promotion on the 10th.

will post my experience via them here, good or bad, since i try try with not so expensive stuff, will reserve my comments first only until i receive my goods !
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #1120

Did you manage to claim back the difference from Borderlinx? I had the same problem in 2011 and it took me 4 months to get back the money and the process involved DHL, Borderlinx and Citbank as Borderlinx dragged their feet on this so I have no choice but to pull in Citibank. But I am still using them since they are the fastest in terms of delivery.
I tried to claim back but borderlinx was not very responsive for claims.... so I gave up after 3 weeks since it was only about 30+ dollars...too much hassle for me.... .... but now i am using vpost more... but I agree with you that their delivery from US to singapore using DHL Express is really fast !
Old 02-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #1121
Supremacy Member

I am keeping my fingers crossed. my items is in their warehouse in FL. So far notification on my items arrival to their warehouse is quite prompt, i am waiting to ship all my items at one go to enjoy one of their promotion on the 10th.

will post my experience via them here, good or bad, since i try try with not so expensive stuff, will reserve my comments first only until i receive my goods !
better try out with cheap stuff for first time
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #1122
Supremacy Member

I tried to claim back but borderlinx was not very responsive for claims.... so I gave up after 3 weeks since it was only about 30+ dollars...too much hassle for me.... .... but now i am using vpost more... but I agree with you that their delivery from US to singapore using DHL Express is really fast !
too bad vpost doesn't deliver speakers
else dont mind they dilidareli a bit as long as my stuff not lost
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #1123

there is one for hopshopgo (operated by comgateway) $10 off. Promo code: PPSHIP 10
Thanks for the info just ordered my LEGO from US online store shipped to my hopshopgo hope the discount can help ...very big box
saggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #1124

Use Borderlinx at your own risk. My own experience - Live Chat person polite but hapless. So far, ALL emails receive one and only one reply - the automated one. Delivered items are updated erratically. The reported weights that you are charged are more than 200% above the actual weight. And Missing items! Don't take my word for it ... check out their own Facebook page, others have reported the same problems as me - just that I am unlucky and experience it all!

I have used vPost which I find much better compared to BL - they reply their emails, packages that are delivered are updated within 12 hours. Overall, not terribly fast but vPost is steady, and honest!
cliffordc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #1125
Supremacy Member

Oh look, we've been infiltrated by SingPost staff. 3 identical posts, bashing BL and promoting Vpost.

Read the other posts. Vpost has been terrible, and *everyone* says to avoid them. You've been warned. Of all the services I've used, I like BL the best - their only downside is the requirement of a Citibank CC. Their live chat has always been helpful, and even gave me a small discount once to push my carriage price down so I wouldn't incur GST. BL's chat staff are knowledgeable and empowered - I can't say the same for CGW however.

cliffordc

dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.