HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #1216
Master Member

anyone know which of the 3 provide concierge service to buy from armani exchange?

thanks
Old 19-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #1217
Arch-Supremacy Member

DO NOT use Vpost. This is my recent bad experience with them: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ra...e-3777820.html
Vpost is awesome......

I meant AWESOMELY LOUSY.
Old 19-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #1218
Great Supremacy Member

Borderlinx don't have consolidation parcels right? Cos i have 2 parcels awaiting to ship. When i click both to ship, total shipping cost with tax more than (1 parcel's shipping cost + 1 shipping cost). If ship both parcel, value more than s$400
I don't see any consolidation parcels option?

Current any borderlinx discount code? Will cs give us discount code?
u can combine or consolidate what
but its what others r doing also. u have 2 boxes, u consolidate these 2 boxes n ship as 2 boxes in 1 delivery. not open up n combine into 1 box. no one does that

and if both more than 400 including shipping u have to pay tax
Old 20-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #1219
Supremacy Member

DO NOT use Vpost. This is my recent bad experience with them: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ra...e-3777820.html
Usual crap from vPost. They are becoming a bigger and bigger joke. Let me relate my recent experience to you:

1. Paid for shipment on the 6th of June.
2. Deliveries came on the 13th and 14th of June (yes, they came in batches for the same shipment), then no news from them anymore despite one package was still missing.
3. Made numerous complains to them, one of them over the phone to a very incoherent pinoy CSO with his atrocious accent and others being emails receiving template replies (from pinoy CSOs as well). No solution even after 4 days. No more reply anymore since then.
4. The long awaited delivery finally came only on the 19th of June, some 2 weeks after the initial payment for the shipment.
5. No follow up from vPost to me at all on their horrendous service rendered and no attempt to make up for that sort of mediocrity in any way.

That was what I got from using their service after a long hiatus. The main reason I used them was because the total value of all my purchases this time round would be GST exempted only if I used their service. On hindsight, perhaps I should have allow myself to be charged GST by using another much more efficient forwarder.

I would advise anyone not to use vPost at all after my latest experience with them, unless you wanna deal with a whole bunch of incompetent people dealing with your purchases.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #1220
Master Member

I should have known better than to use Vpost again. I have been using CGW for a no. of shipments but for this recent shipment, i had no alternative as CGW's shipping address was blacklisted by the merchant.
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #1221

For CGW, when you use the Buy for me service, how is the exchange rate calculated?
I usually use paypal's / the bank's exchange rate.

Usual crap from vPost. They are becoming a bigger and bigger joke. Let me relate my recent experience to you:

1. Paid for shipment on the 6th of June.
2. Deliveries came on the 13th and 14th of June (yes, they came in batches for the same shipment), then no news from them anymore despite one package was still missing.
3. Made numerous complains to them, one of them over the phone to a very incoherent pinoy CSO with his atrocious accent and others being emails receiving template replies (from pinoy CSOs as well). No solution even after 4 days. No more reply anymore since then.
4. The long awaited delivery finally came only on the 19th of June, some 2 weeks after the initial payment for the shipment.
5. No follow up from vPost to me at all on their horrendous service rendered and no attempt to make up for that sort of mediocrity in any way.

That was what I got from using their service after a long hiatus. The main reason I used them was because the total value of all my purchases this time round would be GST exempted only if I used their service. On hindsight, perhaps I should have allow myself to be charged GST by using another much more efficient forwarder.

I would advise anyone not to use vPost at all after my latest experience with them, unless you wanna deal with a whole bunch of incompetent people dealing with your purchases.
I've used DHL (CGW) and they sometimes split shipments too into batches. Regarding the delivery speed of the first 2 parcels, it is actually comparable to comgateway standard service. In terms of no follow up regarding the package, that is what worries me too about vpost since their online tracking is not real time.
maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #1222

To me i choose vpost. Sooo much cheaper. CGW overcharged like mad. Had 4 package weighing (actual & vol): 0.15, 0.54, 0.49 and 0.17kg. But they charged me 0.5, 1, 0.5 and 0.5 kg. Which means they charged me 2.5kg but the actual weigh of my stuff is only 1.35kg. They over charged me by 1 kg meaning I have to pay extra ~USD$5++. Whereelse if you use vpost the min charge is 0.5kg and after that they charge by 0.1kg. And they always have 15%. $20 off for first time customer. Cheap and good. Used all the time but ichy backside go change to CGW.
twinkyrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #1223
Supremacy Member

..I've used DHL (CGW) and they sometimes split shipments too into batches. Regarding the delivery speed of the first 2 parcels, it is actually comparable to comgateway standard service. In terms of no follow up regarding the package, that is what worries me too about vpost since their online tracking is not real time.
Yea. For vPost, it's all fine and dandy if everything goes well but if there is a cockup somewhere along the way, that's where it's such a pain in the ass to try and resolve it through them.

To me i choose vpost. Sooo much cheaper. CGW overcharged like mad. Had 4 package weighing (actual & vol): 0.15, 0.54, 0.49 and 0.17kg. But they charged me 0.5, 1, 0.5 and 0.5 kg. Which means they charged me 2.5kg but the actual weigh of my stuff is only 1.35kg. They over charged me by 1 kg meaning I have to pay extra ~USD$5++. Whereelse if you use vpost the min charge is 0.5kg and after that they charge by 0.1kg. And they always have 15%. $20 off for first time customer. Cheap and good. Used all the time but ichy backside go change to CGW.
You are right to point out that the rates charged by CGW are kinda ridiculous since they round up every weight to the nearest higher number (example: 0.51kg = 1kg).

It's always a choice (or struggle) between getting a more affordable forwarder with appalling service standards (vPost) and getting a more expensive forwarder providing better service (CGW or Borderlinx). It all boils down to what the consumer wants - cost or service.

Last edited by jazdrive; 29-06-2012 at 07:54 PM..
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #1224
High Supremacy Member

I should have known better than to use Vpost again. I have been using CGW for a no. of shipments but for this recent shipment, i had no alternative as CGW's shipping address was blacklisted by the merchant.
why do merchant blacklist CGW?
Old 30-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #1225
Master Member

CGW's USA forwarding address was associated with fraud. Probably someone must have used CGW and cheated on the merchant.

why do merchant blacklist CGW?
Old 30-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #1226
Master Member

Well, good for u. Keep using Vpost and if they do mess up your delivery just once, u may have to cough out a whole lot more than whatever savings u've accumulated. Unless of course, your time is free.

Old 30-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #1227
Master Member

IDA tightens postal service penalty
Old 30-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #1228

If you use hopshopgo, you always get 10% discount for using paypal and if you're a prime member you get cheaper rate + additional 7% cashback. For me, I would pay the extra $6++. I think it as an insurance since most of my parcels are above S$60, which is what vpost give if the parcel is lost and you don't pay insurance. Price of vpost insurance is around S$18 / package.
maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #1229

Someone tell me how Borderlinx can overcharge so much?

Fedex shipping to borderlinx US address shows 3.6kg. Now it arrived and borderlinx website update shows 9.21kg??
cactusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #1230
Arch-Supremacy Member

Someone tell me how Borderlinx can overcharge so much?

Fedex shipping to borderlinx US address shows 3.6kg. Now it arrived and borderlinx website update shows 9.21kg??
US internal ground shipping uses actual weight of the goods whereas international shipping uses volumetric weight. The stuff you bought might have a big packaging which adds to the volumetric weight.
micey84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.