HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #1336
Supremacy Member

suddenly i wonder how comgateway knows that package delivered to them, say from amazon, was mine

perhaps each user's delivery address is dfferent ba

17146 NE Sandy Blvd
c/o SGW-XXXX
Portland, OREGON 97230
Tel: 503-914-6317
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1337
Scout Trooper

Hi people is hopshopgo the cheapest 1 out there? would like to ship shoes here but the webby there nvr say abt the package dimension so i assume they charge by weight? No fuel fee oso better than Vpost?
Old 28-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #1338

Hi people is hopshopgo the cheapest 1 out there? would like to ship shoes here but the webby there nvr say abt the package dimension so i assume they charge by weight? No fuel fee oso better than Vpost?
hopshopgo also ship via DHL. So the chargeable will depend on whether which one is heavier, the package item weight or the volumetric weight (dimension of the package).

Prepare to shock by the volumetric weight
laaaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #1339
Scout Trooper

hopshopgo also ship via DHL. So the chargeable will depend on whether which one is heavier, the package item weight or the volumetric weight (dimension of the package).

Prepare to shock by the volumetric weight
Hahah usually my frens will ship tgt with me via Vpost. So was thinking a pair of shoes would hope that it is not expensive for shipment of shoes anyone have experience?
Old 28-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #1340
Supremacy Member

Nope; vpost is still the cheapest, all things considered.

All 3 known freight forwarders charge by volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher.

All 3 known freight forwarders also charge you the fuel surcharge, which is dynamic.

Hahah usually my frens will ship tgt with me via Vpost. So was thinking a pair of shoes would hope that it is not expensive for shipment of shoes anyone have experience?
Shoes are not that cheap to ship unless your merchant could do away with the shoe box, which is unlikely. Be prepared that you would have to dish out at least 25 SGD (everything included) to ship the shoes alone.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #1341

Cheapest, also the most unreliable.

Unless you're the few lucky ones that get your items shipped on time/ delivered to your house.

Its all down to personal preference, really.

Comgateway's name sounds professional therefore it appealed to me :p
expositox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #1342
Supremacy Member

i could contribute to this thread, last 12 months i have shipped approx. 30+ shipments.
first half use Vpost second half hopshopgo/CGW. tried borderlinx once

General Info

Vpost
  • uses speedpost
  • definitely slower unless ur package reaches them b4 friday. they ship weekly from US on friday, unsure if they have changed this system as i havnt use their service for sometime
  • usually cheapest baring any promotion by CGW/hopshopgo/borderlinx
  • calculates payment in SGD

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • uses DHL
  • hopshopgo is CGW, u can treat it as such but with a permanent 10% off CGW rates but uses Paypal only
  • faster than Vpost
  • calculates payment in USD
  • repacking option sometimes available but costs either 3 or 5 USD

Tracking/Cost

Vpost
  • tracking is not accurate
  • cheapest? yup, they also count per 0.1kg
  • 1 of my shipments almost got eaten up but their call center manager managed to get the warehouse guys to do their work
  • Insurance is EXPENSIVE

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • DHL tracking is awesome, almost real time tracking,
  • its possible to call and arrange for a specific range of delivery time (morning/afternoon/night), call only after package in SG!
  • Counts in steps of 0.5kg, more expensive than Vpost
  • Insurance inclusive in shipping cost
  • Typical Route taken, (US) OR--> (US) CINCINNATI HUB --> HK --> SG
    with OR--> leaving OH happening on the same day (SG time)

Shipping time

Vpost
  • ordering when peak season (black friday - new year's day) shipping definitely takes 2 weeks
  • Usually slowest, unless ur package reach when on the shipping day then same as CGW//Hopshopgo
  • typically takes 5-10 days to deliver depending on when ur package reaches Vpost in US, baring any shipment lost/delay

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Standard service: waits for 2 business days b4 passing to DHL

2 business days + 3 days (including weekends, lately shipment doesnt move on Sunday) = delivery time (only business days!)

Baring any Holidays/unforeseeable events (all in SG time):
    pay on friday deliver on next thurs
    pay on mon deliver thurs / friday

• Express: pass to DHL the next day (pay on friday SG afternoon time, Sat. morning wake up and package with DHL)

Next Business day + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

Pay on Friday, deliver by Monday
    pay on Tuesday delivery on Thurs/Friday

• both standard and express are IDENTICAL in the eyes of DHL, they are both DHL express with only difference being when CGW pass to DHL

Shipment Delivery Condition

Vpost
  • Flawless condition, be it boxes or envelopes

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Boxes almost always comes damaged, but the packing by merchant helps in my stuffs survives the trip and that includes a hard disk!
  • Envelopes are comes in good condition as it is repacked with DHL normal / padded envelopes

Opening of boxes

Vpost
  • Doesn't open ur packages

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Will open ur boxes/envelopes!! but not individuals item packing
orionis likes this.

Last edited by guess890; 28-12-2012 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: edited info om 28th Dec
guess890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #1343
Scout Trooper

All 3 known freight forwarders charge by volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher.

All 3 known freight forwarders also charge you the fuel surcharge, which is dynamic.

Shoes are not that cheap to ship unless your merchant could do away with the shoe box, which is unlikely. Be prepared that you would have to dish out at least 25 SGD (everything included) to ship the shoes alone.
Yea there's a option for that. Ohdear i dint knw shipping would go up so high. Anyway i think still cheaper than SG HAHAHA
Old 29-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #1344
Scout Trooper

i could contribute to this thread, last 9 months i have shipped approx. 30 shipments.
first half use Vpost second half hopshopgo/CGW. just paid for a borderlinx shipment, that marks my first.
Below are my observations

General Info

Vpost
  • uses speedpost
  • definitely slower unless ur package reaches b4 friday. they ship weekly on friday, unsure if they have changed this system havnt used in a few months
  • usually cheapest baring any promotion by CGW/hopshopgo/borderlinx
  • calculates payment in SGD

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • uses DHL
  • hopshopgo is CGW, u can treat it as such but with a permanent 10% off CGW rates but uses Paypal only
  • faster than Vpost
  • calculates payment in USD

Tracking/Cost

Vpost
  • tracking is not accurate
  • cheapest? yup, they also count per 0.1kg
  • 1 of my shipments almost got eaten up but their call center manager managed to get the warehouse guys to do their work
  • Insurance is EXPENSIVE

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • DHL tracking is awesome, almost real time tracking,
  • its possible to call and arrange for a specific range of delivery time (morning/afternoon/night), call only after they reach SG!
  • Counts in steps of 0.5kg, more expensive than Vpost
  • Insuranace inclusive in shipping cost
  • Route taken, (US) OR--> (US) OH --> HK --> SG
    with OR--> leaving OH happening on the same day (SG time)

Shipping time

Vpost
  • ordering when peak season (black friday - new year's day) shipping definitely takes 2 weeks
  • Usually slowest, unless ur package reach when on the shipping day then same as CGW//Hopshopgo
  • typically takes 5-10 days to deliver depending on when ur package reaches Vpost in US, baring any shipment lost/delay

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Standard service: waits for 2 business days b4 passing to DHL

2 business days + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

pay on friday deliver on thurs
    pay on mon deliver friday

• Express: pass to DHL the next day (pay on friday SG afternoon time, Sat. morning wake up package with DHL)

Next Business day + 3 days (including weekends) = delivery time (only business days!)

Pay on Friday, deliver by Monday
    pay on Tuesday delivery on Thurs/Friday

• both standard and express are IDENTICAL in the eyes of DHL, they are both DHL express with only difference being when CGW pass to DHL

Shipment Delivery Condition

Vpost
  • Flawless condition, be it boxes or envelopes

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Boxes almost always comes damaged, but the packing by merchant helps in my stuffs survives the trip and that includes a hard disk!
  • Envelopes are comes in good condition as it is repacked with DHL envelopes

Opening of boxes

Vpost
  • Doesn't open ur packages

CGW/Hopshopgo
  • Will open ur boxes/envelopes!! but not individuals item packing

woah thx it helps a lot =)
Old 30-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #1345

Anyone knows if can bring in this item ??
Amazon.com: Uniden BC-95XLT NASCAR Bearcat 200-Channel Portable Scanner: Electronics
addicted-addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #1346
Scout Trooper

Amazon.com: Uniden BC-95XLT NASCAR Bearcat 200-Channel Portable Scanner: Electronics
if can ship to sg when payment thn would nt be a prob i guess
Old 01-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #1347

if can ship to sg when payment thn would nt be a prob i guess
Because radio and communications devices are controlled item in sg then idk if can ship. If shipped then stopped at customs how ah?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #1348

Because radio and communications devices are controlled item in sg then idk if can ship. If shipped then stopped at customs how ah?

Return back to sender (vPost/CGW/BLx), then ask FForwarder to return back to seller, no choice

Anyway, I have a CGW Prime Account that I'm willing to share, I won't be using it in the future. If you don't mind all the trouble, you can have it. When they email me, I'll forward it to you.

Prime Rewards: up to 15% disc on shipping, no consolidation fees, reduced repacking fees, reduced buyforme fees, additional free storage extended to 60 days.

PM me only if you really need it, or else I suggest you save all the trouble. Better off creating a new one.
expositox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #1349
Supremacy Member

In Singapore its illegal to own a radio scanner. If I recall correctly, there is a fine of $10,000 and up to three years in prison, or both.

It's more likely that any forwarding service will refuse to ship it to your Singapore address. However, if they do, it'll probably be impounded at Customs, and won't be returned to the sender. Someone else more knowledgeable can probably advise if you may also be charged for attempting to import an illegal item.

From Telecommunications Act (CHAPTER 323):

Part IV OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
Prohibitions in respect of telecommunication and radio- communication equipment 34.

—(1) No person shall —
(b)possess any radio-communication equipment, except and in accordance with a licence granted under section 5 or any regulations made under this Act.
(2) Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence.
General penalties
65. Any person guilty of an offence under this Act or any regulations made thereunder for which no penalty is expressly provided shall, in addition to the forfeiture of any article seized, be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both.

If you didn't already know, all Police, SCDF, and Ambulances, have switched over to the TETRA Trunked Radio System, which is encrypted, and impossible to listen into. Similarly, mobile phones here use GSM, which is also encrypted so it's not possible to listen in to them either.

Last edited by dreant; 01-10-2012 at 10:13 PM..
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #1350

In Singapore its illegal to own a radio scanner. If I recall correctly, there is a fine of $10,000 and up to three years in prison, or both.

It's more likely that any forwarding service will refuse to ship it to your Singapore address. However, if they do, it'll probably be impounded at Customs, and won't be returned to the sender. Someone else more knowledgeable can probably advise if you may also be charged for attempting to import an illegal item.

From Telecommunications Act (CHAPTER 323):

Part IV OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
Prohibitions in respect of telecommunication and radio- communication equipment 34.

—(1) No person shall —
(b)possess any radio-communication equipment, except and in accordance with a licence granted under section 5 or any regulations made under this Act.
(2) Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence.
General penalties
65. Any person guilty of an offence under this Act or any regulations made thereunder for which no penalty is expressly provided shall, in addition to the forfeiture of any article seized, be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both.

If you didn't already know, all Police, SCDF, and Ambulances, have switched over to the TETRA Trunked Radio System, which is encrypted, and impossible to listen into. Similarly, mobile phones here use GSM, which is also encrypted so it's not possible to listen in to them either.
Return back to sender (vPost/CGW/BLx), then ask FForwarder to return back to seller, no choice

Anyway, I have a CGW Prime Account that I'm willing to share, I won't be using it in the future. If you don't mind all the trouble, you can have it. When they email me, I'll forward it to you.

Prime Rewards: up to 15% disc on shipping, no consolidation fees, reduced repacking fees, reduced buyforme fees, additional free storage extended to 60 days.

PM me only if you really need it, or else I suggest you save all the trouble. Better off creating a new one.

Woah, so jiatlat ? Nah, I'm not interested in tuning into those police or scdf radios or gsm phones. Wanna tune into something else

But if thats the case, then i rather not take the risk already..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.