HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #1366
Supremacy Member

FML. Screw vpost.

They are charging me so much for a bag i ordered. the bag can be rolled up and they insist on not doing it on the pretense of damaging the item and starts charging me 2.5kg volumetric weight for a 0.8kg item.

God damn it. Screw Vpost.
To be fair, you can't expect them to do it since they have already stated clearly on their website that they will only repack should there be a difference of at least 3kg between the actual weight and volumetric weight.

https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/help_shipping.jsp?row=56

If you want flexibility in repacking, CGW is the only one to go to. From my experience, they are rather accommodating where repacking is concerned.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #1367

Have used vPost. They are pretty good and reliable.
For now lor,see how long u can maintain that statement
Old 16-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #1368
High Supremacy Member

Arrow

Anyone having issues doing the secure payment with Comgateway?

I'm stuck at the payment webpage.
Old 17-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #1369

any recommend me a shipper that doesn't open every packages like cgw? and also uses dhl? Thanks!!
blecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #1370

Hi, I work for MyUS and we always consolidate for you and our Dimensional Weight Divisor (300) is much better than theirs (160) which will saves you 40% on Dim weight shipments.
myusemployee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #1371
Supremacy Member

Hi, I work for MyUS and we always consolidate for you and our Dimensional Weight Divisor (300) is much better than theirs (160) which will saves you 40% on Dim weight shipments.
I've never used myUS, but would avoid them, because their shipping rates are *more than* double everyone else. (I would also avoid them, for their habit of spamming HWZ).

myusemployee

MyUS staff is back for the third time, having been banned from HWZ for spamming twice before (IDs Riley0826, and MacLover0826).

MyUS cost for shipping a 10lbs package (Standard): USD89.46
Borderlinx cost for shipping the same package (Standard): USD41.86
CGW cost for shipping the same package (Standard, non-prime): USD42.20

Basically, their gimmick is in doubling the shipping rate. As such, it would seem you'll almost always pay more with MyUS. Their habit of spamming our forums is another really good reason to avoid them.
ahbui83 and r-federer like this.

Last edited by dreant; 18-10-2012 at 12:24 PM..
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #1372
Master Member

i've used vpost and comgateway, prefers comgateway unless vpost got some promo like express shipping then i will use vpost

Last edited by cutiedoggy92; 19-10-2012 at 11:55 AM..
cutiedoggy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #1373
Master Member

Another question about vPost and GST:

So according to other posts here, if we have 2 packages delivered to vPost where each CIF is under SGD 400, we don't have to pay GST if we consolidate even if the combined value is more than SGD 400.

What happens if one package has CIF of over SGD 400 and the other has less? If we consolidate do we pay GST on both or just the items that have CIF > SGD400?
The latter.
so meaning as long as one receipt dont exceed the $400 SGD then is okay? cause i bought different stuffs ship to comgateway but when shipping here, they will consolidate right? scared if so then will exceed le
cutiedoggy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #1374
Master Member

so meaning as long as one receipt dont exceed the $400 SGD then is okay? cause i bought different stuffs ship to comgateway but when shipping here, they will consolidate right? scared if so then will exceed le
Vpost will not charge GST if your individual package is less than S$400 but total >S$400. Both BDL and CGW charges GST based on consolidated package, i.e. if 3 package individually <S$400 but total add up more than S$400, GST will be charged.

Last edited by Spongy; 19-10-2012 at 01:29 PM..
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #1375

Borderlinx sux... they billed my credit card for a US conciege order but no package after 2 weeks. Emailed them, suddenly say merchant cancelled order, yet never bother to inform me. Now wants to refund me.

Not only kena whack by moving foreign exchange, but Citibank adds spreads to the Buy USD rate and deducts from the Refund from BL.

No package, yet lost at least 6% of my purchase price
Kelvin7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1376

im planning to buy a backpack from using citi globeshopper... anyone got any experience how much the shipping will cost? listed dimensions of the backpack is 20.5 x 13 x 6

i used the online calculator provided by the website, estimated cost is about 60+ for shipping. i'm ok with that shipping price, just like to check with other if anyone bought similar items, and that is indeed the rough estimate i can expect?

scared buy already, send to DHL then they come tell me shipping is much more... thanks bro,s
choj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #1377

I've bought some clothes from old navy, and now shipment records from Fedex shows:-

"Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery"

Do I have to email any parties? i'm using CGW to ship back to SG.

Also found out that the telephone number had keyed wrongly in the Old Navy shipping address. Does it cause any prob?
gn2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #1378
Supremacy Member

I've bought some clothes from old navy, and now shipment records from Fedex shows:-

"Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery"

Do I have to email any parties? i'm using CGW to ship back to SG.

Also found out that the telephone number had keyed wrongly in the Old Navy shipping address. Does it cause any prob?
The part in bold means FedEx delivered your item via their value option which is a collaboration between them and USPS.

Hence, you need to contact USPS for a redelivery at this link: https://redelivery.usps.com/redelivery/
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #1379
Master Member

The part in bold means FedEx delivered your item via their value option which is a collaboration between them and USPS.

Hence, you need to contact USPS for a redelivery at this link: https://redelivery.usps.com/redelivery/
Unlike singpost, USPS will do another delivery on weekdays. If you really want, just contact comgateway and get confirmation about next step.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #1380

Unlike singpost, USPS will do another delivery on weekdays. If you really want, just contact comgateway and get confirmation about next step.
Found this in CGW FAQs:-

Q. When attempting to deliver my package(s) to my U.S. address, your office was closed and the courier had to leave them at the local post office. What happens next?

A. US couriers – USPS, FedEx or UPS will redeliver your packages to our office within the next 1 to 2 business days.

Thanks for the help!
gn2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.